Am I CRAZY for wanting a Mondial?? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Am I CRAZY for wanting a Mondial??

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Matthew 6:19, Feb 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Dave, thank you for the excellent summary and advice!

paulchua likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    hahaha

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Anyone used the bolts yet ?
    Let me know if u get short of cash, i am sure i have a few old African coins about, you can use to buy some bread and cheese, if they are still legal

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I didn't need any bolts, but I am grateful for your efforts and have the spares I bought from you ready in case of a future failure. As for as cash is concerned, everybody that raised their hand to get one from you all made me square.

Again, I appreciate you doing this for the community, and I hope the funds made it fair for the time you spent on this project. I ended up spending extra on shipping for folks here, but that's fine, nobody did this for money but for the community!

Cheers

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I
    was just interested to see if they worked, you notice u were the only one to say thanks.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Mike, They should, considering they looked identical in size, but better constructed when I compared them to my stock versions.

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The original short female were drilled too deep so the thread was too near the head and hence too thin, thats why the short male has been reduced from oem size. It gives more strength in the area bottom of thread to the head

paulchua likes this.
  8. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    Not crazy at all,

there is a very nice sorted and taken care of Mondial in San Diego at https://www.svmotorsport.com/

Ive seen this car and know the owner.....

Matthew 6:19 likes this.
  9. Michael Reed McNabb

Sep 17, 2018
    Ballwin, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Michael Reed McNabb
    I'm another guy that doesn't understand the bad press on the Mondial. Like JLF, I was pursuing a diffeent car (308 GTB) at a dealership when the Mondial caught my eye. I'd honestly never seen one before. To me it looked more refined and understated which until that time, didn't know I would appreciate in a Ferrari. I bought it on the spot. In the 21 years since, I've done all work myself (yes, it IS fun), and have never gotten the bug for something else. I love this thing. I absolutely remember reading early on, that the Mondial is the only car Enzo ever owned with his name on it. Now, I've never been able to find that article again, but if anyone out there knows where it is, I'd love to read it again (and make a copy).

paulchua likes this.
  10. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Very cool Michael! What year etc is your Mondial?

11. Michael Reed McNabb

Sep 17, 2018
    Ballwin, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Michael Reed McNabb
    Y'a know, another thing.... If there's anyone here besides myself that remembers the late '70's early '80's, they'll also remember that performance of automobiles was being reflected upon, as a thing of the past. A column in R&T (I believe) listed the top speed of the '80 Biscayne Chev Police cruiser at 89 MPH, and something like 140 HP out the the 305 V8. In light of this, 214 HP out of a 'mere' 2.9 litres, and a top speed of 130 CANNOT be considered bad....