Alternative to Castrol SRF brake fluid? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alternative to Castrol SRF brake fluid?

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by SCKOMS, Apr 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Where do you get the ATE Blue. Order it from Europe?

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I never noticed any difference on the street with stock to Motul 660 to SRF...but on the track as the brakes got hotter the SRF felt more spongy to me. I went back to Motul 660 for the next weekend and spongy feel was gone. My other track buddies use SRF and deal with it, other like me don’t like the feel, other use Endless which seems to never get spongy.
    I use to use Prospeed683 and loved it. Now it rebranded I believe as Torque RT600 but even that has been odd to get and I’m unsure of it these days.

3. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    I don't think you can get it anymore in the US. Ive gone back to Motul 660

4. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    #29 ItalGerBrit, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    That is what I am using now. Motul. Add dye to fluid to help with knowing the new fluid flush is complete. Used the ATE Blue for years in my race cars that were routinely flushed on race weekends. Not so important on street car but fun to see the fluid turn blue, or clear, when coming out of the calipers. No doubt about getting fresh fluid in the calipers. I use a Motive Pressure bleeder. As others have said, it will turn the reservoir blue and some object to that.