ALONSO: Which Team In 2008 (Poll) | Page 6 | FerrariChat

ALONSO: Which Team In 2008 (Poll)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Nov 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Alonso In 2008: For Which Team Will He Drive?

1. Renault

2. BMW

3. Toyota

4. Spyker

5. Williams

6. McLaren (anything's possible)

7. His home in Majorca

8. NASCAR as JPM's teammate

9. IRL as Danica's teammate

10. On Andreas' slot car team

11. Torro Rosso

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    i think he rent a Villa in south of Spain for his holidays...

2. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

I do recall Alain Prost trashing Ferrari in public. I recall Niki Lauda trashing Ferrari in public. I recall Nelson Piquet trashing Williams in public. That's 10 WDCs between the 3 of them.

I recall Nigel Mansell trashing most every team he drove for. Alonso is hardly unique in F1 circles, not by a long shot. Folks here like to criticize him but I don't think he is half as much a pain in the ass as a guy like Nigel Mansell was. There are not a whole hell of a lot of gentlemen in racing circles, the qualities required to become a top level driver are usually not the qualities associated with pleasant individuals. This is a big boy sport, get used to it.

3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Prost and Mansell were two of the worst examples of non-team players. Rude and arrogant to the max. (Schumi is a saint by comparison.)

Alonso so far is not as bad as Mansell and Prost. Hope Fred gets nicer instead of more arrogant. He has a choice. I hope he chooses wisely.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! May the horse be with you. ;)

4. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    And yet neither had any difficulty finding teams that wanted to employ them...

5. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I see your point about the other drivers and I agree with you. The reason I only mentioned Senna and Schumacher is because of their ability to deliver win after win and never bad mouth their team. I see that in Kimi as well. If Ferrari didn't have Kimi then I would agree that they may as well put up with another Prost/Mansell type and hire Alonso. At least they'd win. But with Kimi on board I don't see then need to put up with that.

By the way, I don't recall you ever comparing Kimi and Fred directly. I'm interested in your opinion. Which one do you rate higher and why?

6. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Including Ferrari.

7. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    More's the pity IMVHO.

Happy Thanksgiving and may the horse be with you. ;)

8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t remember Michael Schumacher trashing his team in public. And that´s 7 WDC. On his own. And I remember Eddie Irvine trashing his own team in public too. No WDC.

Let´s not mix things up; trashing work mates hasn´t anything to do with the "killer instinct" and all that **** usually associated with top drivers. I think that some top drivers just can´t shut the **** up. Each one has his own work method, I suppose.

9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So if Hamilton starts winning you wont be saying "he is a robot driving the best car" then ;)

The fine was stupidly over the top, the only good I can see coming from it, is the signal it sends out to the other teams if they want to commit financial suicide get caught with data.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yeah love to see him in a not so good car.
    The fine was just wrong and you wait this or this sort of thing will never go away now ... :(

Pete

11. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I think Kimi is faster over one lap but more inconsistent. Overall I think Alonso is the better driver as he is more complete and more consistent than Kimi. Put them in identical cars and I think Kimi wins more races but Alonso beats him in the points.

However I think that Hamilton will eventually surpass both of them.

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fernando Alonso will not be rushed into deciding which team he will race for next year, his manager has said.

Having recently confirmed his split with McLaren after a rocky 2007 season, Alonso is widely expected to return to Renault, with whom he won his two world championships in 2005 and 2006.

Speaking to Italian radio on Monday, Renault team boss Flavio Briatore claimed he was closing in on a deal with Alonso and put the chances of a reunion with the Spaniard at 60%.

He also said he expected to be able to finalise Renault’s driver line-up in a matter of days.

However, Alonso’s manager Luis Garcia Abad has denied there is any urgency, telling the BBC: “He will decide when he knows the best option for his future.

“Fernando is on holiday and we have nothing to say at the moment.”

The F1 driver market remains largely on hold pending Alonso’s decision.

The Spaniard has been linked with Red Bull Racing and Toyota, although both teams have two contracted drivers and RBR boss Christian Horner has predicted that Alonso will end up at Renault.

The French manufacturer has yet to confirm either of its drivers for 2008, but tester Nelson Piquet junior is in the frame for the second seat alongside either Alonso or current Renault racer Heikki Kovalainen.

If Alonso returns to his former team, Kovalainen is expected to join McLaren as team-mate to Lewis Hamilton.

From ITV

13. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    +1 Thanks for sharing your view.

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Not every driver, but there are at least 5 that could do what LH has done, maybe more.

15. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Outpace Alonso in equal equipment?!? Who?!?

Kimi maybe, but that's it.

Now..how many drivers could do what Massa has done had they also driven a Ferrari? 8? 10? Half the grid, for certain. Rubens Barrichello has already done more with the Ferrari when he drove it than Massa has done these past 2 years.

16. Pirate75

Pirate75 Karting

Feb 19, 2008
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    JT
    True True

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Gee whiz, do we need another poll for 2009?

18. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    well, he keeps hinting at every race he;s gonna switch. prolly, Flav will just sack him:D