Alonso was only free for 2008 – Mateschitz | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Alonso was only free for 2008 – Mateschitz

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GrndLkNatv, Apr 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    When have you heard Kimi open his mouth about anything? When have you heard Alonso not express an opinion about anything? Why should this be any different?

What is consistent is that rumors about Kimi's signing were all over the paddock then, rumors about Alonso's signing have been all over the paddock even before last season was out. If there is one truism in F1 it is that where there's smoke, there's fire.

Alonso's signed for 2009. The best thing about that is that so many of you have disavowed your allegiance to the team in that eventuality. Goodbye and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

2. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    DA da da um um ah oh yes now I remember, Mike retired.

3. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I think that Alonso is indeed heading to Ferrari... if not in 2009... then the year after. I think Kimi is about to retire, hence Ferrari need a new star driver. So it all hinges on the Kimster.

4. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    How old is Kimi? He looks like he has another 5 good years in him.

5. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    That's his story and you're sticking with it... :rolleyes:

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

People support things as they like. Change occurs and people change or adjust accordingly. Let me know when you own the team and when YOU think you dictate what other people feel about something. Stick to your own feelings, opinions, you hardly speak for me or Ferrari for that matter.

7. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I thought I was expressing my own opinion?!? :confused:

Last time I checked, no one speaks for Ferrari but Ferrari...that includes you.

8. DF1

Glad you see things my way. Your "door hitting an arse on they way out" is not needed here as thats a personal attack. I never ever personally attacked you but you take this all too personally. I will support or not as I see fit like all other free thinking human beings do. Have a nice day amigo.

9. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    You are way too sensitive, that's not a personal attack.

10. DF1

Trust me Im over it. The verbage doesnt belong here. Anyone can support or not support a team for whatever reasons they choose. Thats their problem. This gent decides in many cases who is worthy and who is not in terms of how they support Ferrari. Its quite funny to see him go to such lengths over essentially nothing. Its racing. IM a fan. Thats all this is.

11. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff

He has himself indicated he does not wish to "grow old" (35 years old?) in Formula 1. He has a WDC... he will never be able to beat the record... so why stay? Again, this comes from Kimi himself.

12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t know if that´s a personal attack or not, but it was not very classy.

13. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Where were you when I was accused of being a closet McLaren fan because I did not support Massa? Eh? Where were you when I was lambasted as being unworthy of supporting Ferrari because I did not support Massa?

That comment was not directed at you. My point was directed at those critics who then turned around and said they would no longer support Ferrari if Alonso was signed. I couldn't care less about who you support, but I DO care about the hypocracy of my critics.

You are as welcome to ignore my comments as I am prepared to ignore yours.

14. DF1

I actually do not ignore any ones comments here. Certainly not yours. You are more than capable of defending your views here and do quite an admirable job at it! I dont think you need my help here in terms of defending your thoughts. I understand why you were called a closet Mclaren fan or why some have attacked your non support of Massa. You have your feelings they have theirs. The world keeps turning no matter what we do or dont support.

You certainly reason well and defend your views. I was not in any way deriding you at all. I have one ex wife and dont need anything else hitting my arse!! :) I think at times some of us or all of us just shootback rather harshly over not much at all.

I have never come here to criticize anyone nor do I like to see personal attacks of any kind. Its all for fun and its about a great sport.

15. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I feel your pain, I have one of those two, brother! :D

16. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Looking back into some old articles, Flavio himself is quoted as saying he didn't release Alonso from his contract because McLaren never asked. Go figure

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2006/12/15/alonso-to-test-mclaren-in-jerez/