Alonso to miss Monaco GP to race at Indycar! | Page 39 | FerrariChat

Alonso to miss Monaco GP to race at Indycar!

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Apr 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    IMO, I think he was slapping Alonso along with Indy drivers.

"Dude... you couldn't qualify higher than 5th with that crowd?"

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I've said this before and I will continue saying this until the day I die; Lewis Hamilton's F1 career is a case of what could have been.

As Jensen Button has said, he definitely has something special. In the end Ron Dennis and Lewis ****ed his potential due to Lewis' inability to accept he needs to learn.

Lewis really has NOT improved since his first race in F1 and it shows. It is why he is no good when his car is not good (witness his qualifying performance at Monaco today) and he mentally melts when his team mate consistently out performs him.

Ron Dennis should have ruled his team with discipline and enforced strongly that Lewis start off as a number 2 and learn all he needed to from Alonso. Yes he was as fast but there is more to being a racing driver than mere speed. Witness Chris Amon, very fast but unable to win a race even if he had the very best car on the grid.

Lewis now would be a modern Stirling Moss and dominating F1 like he should have, instead he has already peaked (ie. Mercedes have peaked) and who knows if he can reached that level again. I think not.
    Pete

3. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I think Lewis sometimes goes off on these Kanye-like rants just as a rather awkward attempt to simply try to be provocative and contrarian, etc.

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I think you give him too much credit when you think he does it on purpose...I think it is rather a lack of intelligence. His mourh is faster than his brain, that is why in the past he often said he was miss understood afterwards.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He's a waste of breath, I suspect of Mercedes could they would sew his ass up, seeing as how he only seems to talk out of it.

What a tool

Fernando - god speed mate. Have a great race, and don't hit anything. Forza Fernando

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I was kinda hoping he'd retire yesterday having reverted to his actual level hehehehe

7. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Hamilton's antics and words off the track make him unlikable!!

8. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I can agree with that. However, behind the wheel of an F1 car, he is a genius.

9. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    As I mentioned in the INDYCAR thread, check out Alonso's speech for Best Rookie award at the INDYCAR banquet (I just watched it live on Facebook). Very humble words, very gracious and humorous too. You could tell he really enjoyed it, and wants to give it another go. And sincere, unlike the flaky fakeness which emanates from Lewis. For all the bad reviews Alonso gets as being "toxic" to teams he drives for, he could not have been more of a class act during his Indy 500 debut. Awesome job, Fernando.

10. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    No he's not, as evident at Monaco.

Alonso's performance at Indy was great. I believe he was 2nd in most laps lead, until his engine failed unfortunately. He really did have a chance of winning it. After Fernando got out of his car, the whole crowd was cheering him and gave him a standing ovation. Everyone really loved him, and I feel once FA leaves F1, if he comes to Indy, he will do great.

Glad to see other F1 veterans doing great in Indy as well.

Congrats to Takuma Sato on his Indy500 win.

I bet Elton wouldn't do as great as Alonso in Indy. Even if there are those that say Elton is very marketable, I doubt he would be as liked as Fernando. I'm sure Elton would say things that would rub everyone the wrong way.

11. ryanro24

ryanro24 Karting

Aug 23, 2005
    NW Indiana
    #961 ryanro24, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    These EXACT two cars will start testing tomorrow at IMS. Now PLEASE kindly STFU!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ryanro24

ryanro24 Karting

Aug 23, 2005
    NW Indiana
    #962 ryanro24, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Excuse me? Quite the class act you are. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, no thank you.

Testing is one thing, and the result thereof running a season (a long way off) are two different things.

Now PLEASE kindly brush up on(or just plain learn) some manners. ;)

Thanking you in advance.

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Now that F1 is going with ugly HALO maybe people will actually watch more than one Indycar event a year.

15. What has the HALO to do with the tech difference 'tween F1 and a spec series like IndyCar? ;)

16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Errr .... aesthetics ?

17. william...what has your answer to do with my question that you even quoted in your post?
    Mayor stated "ugly halo'. If I were watching for "aesthetics", I'd be following beauty pageants, not racing. ;)

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If they had a contest for Rosie O'Donnell look alikes I wouldn't be tuning in.

19. Mayor...what has your answer to do with my question that you even quoted in your post? ;)

Can anyone comprehend here? :)

20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The halo isn't a very attractive appendage to add to a car. It looks like an afterthought.

People react negatively to ugly cars, don't you know?

A couple of years ago, the FIA got it wrong in its chassis stipulations and constructors were forced to adopt a stepped nose to comply. The public found it a real turn off, but we had to endure that for a year until they amended the rules.

Ugly cars don't advertise F1 very well. You must be one of the few people who don't care about the look.

Sorry to **** on your parade, but the latest generation of Indycar will look gorgeous compared to F1s with their ... thing in front of the driver.

If the FIA wants to "improve the breed", it goes completely the wrong way about it.
    Don't you know the adage "If it looks good, it usually is good"?

21. I'm in a parallel world and somehow able to post on your world's board, eh?

All of that and you still ignore my question about technological cars versus carbon copy cars.

Whatever.

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
  23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    It's pretty well known that IndyCar and F1 have different specs. What's your point when it is so well known?

24. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    How much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ do you want to wager

25. Have you a clue ? Do you know the difference between a spec series and non-spec series?
    Apparently not.

No mas.