Alonso signs for Ferrari........ | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Alonso signs for Ferrari........

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tritone, May 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    So is every F1 driver! Look at Schumi in 2005, in F1 these days you're pretty much only as good as your machinery. Also, he's doing a damn sight better then Piquet, who actually needs to be replaced.

2. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    On top of that, the Ferrari was better than the Renault for the majority of the year in 2006 and Alonso still beat MS.

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Can't argue with that..
    I think MS and FA both have/had the skill at getting the best out of there car's whether under par or not..

This with a fast consistant driving style, making the most of every twist and turn of a race, makes for a multi-WDC

4. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    lol... no way! LH should stay at McLaren... FA + LH = disaster

heck, how will FA play well with KR? If someone has to be kicked out of the Scuderia, it will definitely have to be Massa... no way Ferrari is taking out Kimi to replace him with FA.

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

That's the name of the game, mate.....:)

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Exactly the opposite: They have confirmed his drive.

7. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah how do you know this?

Please don't say it's one of your "contacts" because I've seen posts made by you saying "'Ive just got word from Italy" Or was it Germany, whatever, and it turned out to be completely wrong.

8. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
  9. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/125837-0/raikkonen_plays_down_rumours_-_again.html

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/125944-0/insider_suggests_kimi_deal_done.html

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/129234-0/montezemolo_2008_sticking_point_for_schu.html

Note the dates and the denial by Ferrari.

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The times I was wrong was when I got word from Germany. Different source in this case.

11. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I am overjoyed not only at the prospect of Alonso bringing championships to Ferrari but also the departure of those fair-weather fans who have disavowed the Scuderia on Alonso's arrival :p

12. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #112 355, May 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
    You never stop making us laugh. You too Andreas. Last year balonso the clown was coming to Ferrari in 2008....oh oh but wait....no hes coming in 2009......oh oh but wait again now its 2010. Does this not remind everyone of the date in history when the world was supposed to end. Each and every one of those days came and went. Sort of like "oo ah oo ah balonsos coming to Ferrari" It aint happening.The majority of people who have followed Ferrari for years are saying they dont want the idiot at Ferrari and many of those will not support Ferrari if he came. Its for that simple reason that he will not be picked up by Ferrari. He is a whinning, mouthy goof. Oh and yes I know you have been a Tifoso since 1812.

13. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    WHO are these people--the majority? And since when did Ferrari ever give a rats @ss about people outside its inner circle, and what they thought? Ferrari wants to keep winning, keep bringing home championships, and i doubt they give much jib to unhappy 'tifosi' that don't agree with their business decisions.

14. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No it wasnt.

15. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #115 355, May 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
    Another part of business is having people that like the mark and buy it because they like it. If fans turn on Ferrari and stop watching then F1 losses money and so does Ferrari. Alonso is such a huge risk that Ferrari may realize that it is not worth the chance especially when there are other good drivers coming up. Its complete foolishness to think that Alonso has signed with Ferrari 2 seasons in advance. Ferrari are not stupid. What do you think Alonso will do next season if the Renault turns it back up a notch and is a contender. Do you still think he will follow through on a 1 year old commitment to Ferrari....I doubt it. So why would Ferrari commit to such a dumbass deal. Its all romours period.

16. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't think most fans would care very much either way. Most fans don't give a rats ass about all the hypothetical drama that gets discussed here. Also, Ferrari got away with hiring an inconsistent Massa, after all.

17. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Franco, can you honestly say you wouldn't want to see Alonso, win GP's in a Ferrari, because that would be a cert.
    I for one don't particularly like the guy, I did first time round at Renault, and yet again I'am warming to him because it's good to see him working hard bringing a crap car up to speed, I would like to see him stay at Renault to see this through to be honest, but he will only look for what's best for his own interest I'am sure, and who can blame him, That's probably the aspect I don't like about him I want it all my way stuff, but this would pale into insignificance when he is bringing home the win's.

It could be said Jenson Button has paid the price for sticking to a team as it just hasn't happened for him and may never will but it is to be admired IMO I rate him as a great driver.

Alonso is ruthless and he will do whatever it takes to win so it would be a sure fire way of seeing a red car win.
    I'am a fan of LH and it sure would be a test for me to see him up against .FA in a Ferrari but ,que la vida...;)

18. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I can second that. Alonso out of the media is far more likable than Alonso whinging to the press. ;)

I think Fernando has the opportunity to really develop -- and demonstrate -- his skill set at Renault, in both car development and driving. And driving a slower car can teach you things you'd never learn with the pick of the litter. (Necessity is the mother of invention and all.)

I'm not so sure he'd fit well with the Ferrari team. How would he split development with, say, Badoer? Would he want Massa replaced with a rookie that would never be near him on the track? I suspect the disruption to the organization would pretty much preclude his being able to contend for the WDC his first year (much less be able to deliver the WCC).

So I think it'd be best for Alonso to stay with Renault, as well as best for both Renault and Ferrari.

And I'd really like to see four teams contending for wins, rather than people arguing over two or three drivers. ;)

One driver alone can't give a team the constructors' championship -- you need two drivers getting points in the races to do that. And Alonso doesn't have a good track record getting along with a challenging teammate.

Okay, so Shumi had years ('01,'02, and '04) where he delivered more points himself than the next nearest team. ... After many years of developing a Ferrari that hadn't won the WDC since '79. (And in '02 and '04, Rubens scored more points than the third place team.)

So there's a target Alonso can shoot for -- to match Schumi at bringing a team back to the front. ;)

That's experience nobody would get at McLaren, as long as Ron is calling all the shots.

19. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Fiat aren't in F1 for the tifosi' sake. They're there for the brand cachet. Ferrari NM can pull the crap they do because all the people who haven't a clue who drives in F1 know Ferrari wins there and always has. They don't know about the bad years or drivers they just have the brand identification. That's why Fiat are still in F1. Nothing mystical.
    They'll hire the drivers that'll do the job they want done or grow them.
    Alonso is a star in the non-english speaking world.

20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    And with which, it just goes to show we can nearly agree on something's...;)

21. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Hence the argument for replacing Massa.

22. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    And to those we bid good riddance

23. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Doesn't it come down to the Driver's Championship vs. Constructor's?
    In that this is a Ferrari board I'd assume the latter and so the personality of the drivers is secondary.

24. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #124 355, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
    Yes I can honestly say that I do not want to see him win GPs in a Ferrari. Many people still have principles and morals that they live by and I am one of them. Many that work in the finacial and legal part of our world lost this principle a long time ago. Some would sell their souls to attain their goal and its the same with some in here who want to see Ferrari win. Ultimately they do win and then they look back and wonder if it could have been done better. The answer is yes. The challenges in life are in the chase not the catch as many have found out. For any athlete to attain the top level in their sport can only be done because of the fans that support that particular sport thus making it a privilege and not a right to be there. Alonso treats as a right. His remarks to his country and his fan club clearly show all that and more. Is this what we want as roll models for the upcoming generations? I think not. The roll models are the builders of sport and we have all seen what Alonso has done for this sport.

25. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #125 355, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
    You never cease to amaze. You get banned for a week and then sit on the sidlines for 3 or 4 days sulking and then its back to the same old bash Massa push Alonso theme. Lets see how we say good ridance to when Massa wins his 4th race. :) Your prediction for Alonso driving for Ferrari will probably be as accurate as your prediction for Alonso finishing ahead of Massa in the points this year. Alonso clearly has the 7th fastest car this year but sits 9th in the drivers standing averaging 1 point per race.......amazing!