Alonso reignites Ferrari speculation | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alonso reignites Ferrari speculation

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jk0001, Feb 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    fantastic post

2. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    No no no that's ok no Alonso at Ferrari.......thank you.

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I figure FA may think it is better to say nothing on the matter regarding Lewis, I can understand that to a point.

But IMO he needs to make a statement to appeal to those fan's, well I say fan's :rolleyes: that it will not help his cause if they continue with such attack's on his colour.

He may well couldn't care less, but by saying nothing that is what it appears to be.

4. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    It sounds like begging at this point........

5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Not really, I would say he could help by defusing the issue.

The press can twist stuff so maybe he is better saying nothing who knows..

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 and it would be a class move. Not that he has ever really shown too much class. His conflict aside with LH, its also the right thing to do for a fellow driver (LH).

7. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Kind of, yes :D

I'm fine, a lot of work to do at the university, planning to start up a small internet business, urgent need for holidays ;) Hope you're fine too!

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    DF1, I agree about his persona being a bit of a Brat. No question that he whines alot, however, I don't care about his persona, I want Ferrari to have the best drivers possible, that is my issue with Massa. I can't figure out why so many people on here are crazy about a guy that maybe a nice guy, but a glorified Test Driver. But than again, he might fall into the Damon Hill category (although I think Hill was a better driver).

9. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    As we all know the least expected scenario can become reality in F1. Although I cannot find it I read an interview with Luca that pretty much stated "No Alonso is not welcome here as long as I have a say so".

10. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I agree with you Tony, the main reason I have a like for Massa is the nice guy factor even if he won't consistently beat Kimi. However when it comes to Alonso, his participation in the stepneygate and cheating scandal has left me with a very sour taste for him.

11. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Some people still have the old fashioned idea that they like someone with integrity and morals to represent their favorite team. Im one of them. I don’t need to sell my soul just to have the best. There is more to life than that. Call me old fashioned but then maybe we need more old fashioned people in this world. As for Alonshole talking the way he is already.....no big surprise.....Imagine him at Ferrari and we have a bad season......he no doubt will run off at the mouth and slam Ferrari just as he has his previous teams.

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Kyle,

I agree 100% about the sour taste, especially regarding the Stepneygate and the exchanges of text messages with DeLaRosa. Steve on here knows how bad that soured any interest in F1. Any way as long as Ferrari kicks some butt this year, which it looks like they are going to do, it is all good.

13. DF1

Agreed. I too want the best. Im hesitant on Alonso. No doubt he has all it takes to get it right. With last year I wont count anyone out that is in a top car, Ferrari especially. If you are close to the top in points, 1 or 2 breaks and bam you just might be WDC. Im by no means the largest supporter of FM but in the Ferrari he has a chance. With Kimi's latest test times in Bahrain he has his work cut out for him (FM).

14. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Tony, I see your point about wanting the best driving talent in both cars, but put yourself in the position of the team principal. At Ferrari you have the best car, the fastest current driver (my opinion), and a good #2 who can win races and get podiums often enough to have a good run at the constructor's championship. The Schumacher era proved that this formula brings WDCs as well as WCCs. When you consider what happened at McLaren last year, why mess with proven success by introducing a potentially very explosive element? Especially when they don't need him?

15. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank

+100

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    John, that is true, but also look back at 1999 (No Disrespect Andreas) had a stronger driver been at Ferrari next to Michael, when Michael broke his leg, that Driver would have had a better chance to get the WDC than Irvine did. However, I can see your point as well. My issue on the board is that people forget what an outstanding driver we have in Kimi, and for some reason put Massa up on a pedestal, he is not the equal to what some people may believe. If that was the case, he would have a salary much closer to Kimi's and his position in the team was based in 06 on if Michael decided to retire or not. If MS had decided to stay for 07 along with Kimi, Massa would have been either demoted to Test Driver or have been gone. The fact that his manager is Nicholas Todt also bothers me, as I cannot stand Neoptism.

17. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll take Massa with the unliklely risk of a Kimi keg injury instead of Alonso with the very likely risk of a Kimi brain injury ;)

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That is hilarious and very clever!

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 haha.

20. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I wonder how those "ethical and moral" fans would have thought of Ferrari during the days of GV and Reuteman, during the feud between Enzo and Lauda, or during the days of Florio's leadership? I wonder what their position would have been during the times when Harvey Postlethwaite led a team of Ferrari engineers in breaking into the Williams garage to examine their car in the middle of the night? I wonder what they would think of Ferrari disguising an engineer as a journalist to take close-up photos of competitors cars? What excuses they can come up with to cover Schumacher's on-track antics while taking the moral high road?

Some of us are objective enough to understand that Ferrari is a team like every other, we don't have to posture about "morals" while blinding ourselves of our own team's history. Some of us accept the good with the bad and want the team to accomplish it's one and only goal, which is to win. To do that, we need to eliminate any weakness in the team, even its drivers. Kimi is set, Hamilton is locked in at McLaren, that leaves Alonso as the best available driver. I, for one, want Ferrari to have the best driver pairing in the sport, it is our best chance to win. However, I will support the team NO MATTER WHO DRIVES.

I would love Ferrari to sign Alonso if for no other reason than to cull this site of the fair-weather conditional Ferrari fans.

21. DF1

I would love Ferrari to sign Alonso if for no other reason than to cull this site of the fair-weather conditional Ferrari fans.[/QUOTE]

Most support for anything in life has conditions. F1 is no different. If F1 lost me as a fan the sport will go on. I would imagine they wont miss you either. Ferrari could care less who is in the stands and how long they have been supporting. Longevity does not mean you are a better fan. Life goes on whether one supports Ferrari or not. More to life than F1 :)

22. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Perhaps. But that is not what I am talking about.

My point is that calling yourself a Ferrari fan in the same breath that you announce you won't support the team if they sign XXX as a driver is nonsensical.

Sacrilege! :p

23. DF1

:) Dont you find CURLING exciting Mr Senna!! ??? :)

24. DF1

Senna3x I will be at the karting home of the master this weekend for some outdoor/speed/fun at the MS Karting center in Kerpen!!! Come join us :) I look forward to the season and RED STORM OF VICTORY!!! I like seeing the moving countdown calendar on Formula1.com - Weather should be 11c and sunny in Cologne/Kerpen area. I shall drive an extra lap for you and the inspired support you posses :) I wish you a super weekend :) With the good weather it will be time for the Z4 3.0Si and some exercise on the Autobahn :)

25. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    #50 shahedc, Feb 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Definitely sacrilege.... you can't sign up Vin Diesel to drive for Ferrari !!! :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login