Alonso is at it again...Ugh... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Alonso is at it again...Ugh...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ItaliaF1, Apr 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    +1. We have all heard our fare share of stupid comments coming from F1 drivers, but FA seems to be the most consistent, and it's almost always about how his car could have been better.

2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Not always. Remember him complaining about Fisi not supporting him better ... even after Fisi tanked his own race (in Turkey) to keep from bumping into the back of Alonso after Fred got brake checked by the Ferraris at turn one?

Maybe he'll be better this year with McLaren (Ron Dennis may have a talk with him), but his comments last year were pretty lame, so maybe we've all been waiting for it to start again.

I really do hope Alonso grows into his driving suit -- he is a talented driver. He just needs to learn the "marketing" side of F1.

Oh, and at Alonso's age, I didn't tend to blame everyone else when a rallye went badly. I was so painfully conscious of every error I'd made that I'd be surprised when I won. ;) (Of course, the types of events aren't comparable. (For all I know, Alonso might have been different in his days running "formula obscure".)) But it was also a more "genteel" era, when sports figures were supposed to act like gentlemen. (Unlike today's standards of behaviour.)

3. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

Ferrari hasn't been funding his career since the age of 12...

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
  6. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    That's why I said "almost always."

7. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Well MS's desire to win may have clouded his sense of fair play sometimes, but to my observation, he was always accepting the outcome w/o looking elsewhere for reasons.
    He was a master at creating a team feel with crew and worked forward with out excuse.
    Alonso is a very talented driver but he is so dark and seems often to be unhappy unlike Massa or Hamilton who are obviously having fun. I hope he learns to lighten up and enjoy his success more.

8. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
  9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
  10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +1

MS and Senna were both like this. their desire to win make them do unprofessional stuffs.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +2