Alonso is at it again...Ugh... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Alonso is at it again...Ugh...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ItaliaF1, Apr 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Easy! In order:

Because Alonso left Renault: without him Renault is useless. Despite what he might sometimes dream, FISI is in a different category.

Because Alonso is Spanish: There is little love or respect between France and Spain. Did you think the Americans were the only ones who couldn't stand the French? :)

Because there hasn't been a decent French F1 driver since the days of the "Professore", and they would rather see an anglo or scandinavian WDC champ than one of those "smelly southerners who cook with olive oil".

Because they, like you, are jealous.

Because Alonso is not a nice person, whines a lot, and talks too much.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Jealous....hardly my friend. You do not know me to make that assertion. Please refrain from doing so in the future. I was stating my observations nothing else.

3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    this 4 week break is driving everyone nuts! i can't recall when was the last i laughed so much when i read all those posts :D

4. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    I will take your word for it and I apologize. The tone of your post had made me think otherwise.

And please refrain from calling me your friend in the future. I believe we haven't met, I don't know your name, and your profile is unfilled.

5. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Are you trying to say somthing intelligent? or just breaking wind with you mouth!

6. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Neither. Just expressing my surprise at your interest in Alonso's sexual identity. But hey, I'm tolerant.

Originally Posted by jk0001:

"Too bad Alonso was not in the car when it happened, he could have broke the fall with his head! He truly is a woman trapped in a mans body"

7. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Its time for you to seek professional help! I can see how you are so protective over Alonso, maybe he is a card carrying member of NAMBA also

8. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    This coming from somebody who wishes a lamp on the head and a new sexual identity for Alonso, and 40 hours of electroshocks for me...

But you are getting off the subject: You have not yet explained to us your interest in Alonso's body! Or is it that you have something against women?

P.S. Why didn't you have the courage to leave your post as you first wrote it? It was much more interesting!

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Depailler died 25 years ago.

10. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I realized that you had an attraction to Alonso like a Man to a young boy. Do you still belong to NAMBA?

11. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I went through the Autosport archives to read what Alonso has said about the McLaren team since joining them. I think all of you should as well. He has been doing nothing but talking up the team since joining them.

I think there are a bunch of reactionaries here who like to blow comments completely out of proportion to characterize Alonso as a malcontent and disruptive force within a team. That is a gross mischaracterization. Alonso's only crime is to have the audacity to defeat Michael Schumacher on the track two years in a row.

Alonso has said nothing more than EVERY driver on the current grid has at one time or another, and yes that also includes MS. Read some of his statements early in his career and see if he is any different than Alonso. Martin Brundle and Nelson Piquet both have plenty to say of their opinions of the early Michael Schumacher. Furthermore I seriously doubt that anyone posting on this board was as mature and polished at 25 as they are at 37. Alonso is a kid, for Chrissake, and he may be given to reflexive statements from time to time. I don't know any youngster who hasn't, myself include at that age.

What I read here is nothing more than jealousy and disrespect. Alonso is the most complete driver on the grid today and he is the only driver competing in F1 that has beaten Schumacher. I hope Kimi takes the title this year but that doesn't mean I feel the need to lampoon and disparage Alonso along the way. The fact is that everyone here would be singing his praises had Ferrari signed him instead of Kimi, don't fool yourselves into thinking otherwise.

We ought to be treating competitors with respect, not this nonsense. You don't have to like Alonso, you certainly don't have to cheer for him but the insulting language I read here says more about the writer than it does about Alonso.

12. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Unlike a certain Ferrari driver?

You make your own point so eloquently! ..."you certainly don't have to cheer for him but the insulting language I read here says more about the writer than it does about"....insert driver here!

The difference between Alonso and many others is that while they may complain about issues with the car, they talk about the issue as a team "WE need to get more out of the car". Alonso attacks his team stating at one point last year "THEY" (Renault) were trying to sabatoge his WDC chances. A better public expression of his displeasure would have been "We made some mistakes as a team". His seeming inability to share responsibility, as well as glory, is why some people are less than fond of him.

13. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Read an interview with Ralf lately?

How about Prost's last season with Ferrari, was he a whining baby also?

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Ralf there is another guy past his sell date. I hope Kimi takes it as well, but I still worry about Alonso, one bad race doesn't kill a championship.

15. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Just a little reminder for everybody here, except jk who has denial issues:

16. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004

I have had little interest in Ralf. He arrived in the sport with the burden of being compared to his brother and has had an average career. I think it will be coming to and end soon, as he seeming can't develop the car or team.

Yes, Prost did his share of complaining, but there were battles going on inside the team at the time. He was also French, so some whining can be expected.

We all have our likes and dislikes of drivers. I was merely trying to help you understand why some people had a less than favorable view of Alonso, not bring up others that had similar or related character flaws. Alonso is a talented driver, but needs to mature further.

Of greater interest to me is why you felt the need to defend Alonso from "insulting language" here on a website, yet it is perfectly acceptable to routinely insult other drivers.

17. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't interact with people who have mental issues. You should consider getting professional help before you end up as a headline like that nut at VT.

18. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    jk

NAMBA - North American Model Boat Assocation

you must mean NAMBLA for it to be an insult.

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    hahah, now that is funny.

20. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Insult not taken, ney. The ignore feature is wonderful and has been activated.

Hearing all jk's talk about Alonso's body was beginning to get distasteful, not to mention his lack of respect for the VT tragedy. I leave him to you guys.

21. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Thanks for that. I agree that Alonso is young and brash but who isn't at 25? We should give him the benefit of the doubt, I am sure will mature with age, as do most of us. I have no problem with criticism of Alonso as a driver, but I feel some of the posts here are descending into name-calling and sophomoric character-assassination. I don't think questioning his sexual orientation leads to productive discussion. (unless it is Ralf Schumacher, in which case it is a legitimate line of inquiry :D).

To address your other point, while I am critical of other drivers certainly, my criticism is leveled at their talent and capabilities, not stooping to using infantile caricatures or name-calling. Massa is crash-prone, even his most ardent supporters cannot say otherwise. I was simply calling for a higher level of discourse than what some here are demonstrating.

22. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The funny thing is I typed in NAMBA for a reason........ Guess it worked! :)

23. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    That's fair, but my point is that everyone's "hero" here, MS, has pulled just as many stupid stunts as FA. I can't think of any F1 driver that hasn't done stupid things..

24. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Louey H. has not done anything stupid yet, well except for not joining Ferrari.

25. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    That's understandable saying that they all do it, and if others make comments like FA, and it gets brought up in a thread, then I will have the same thoughts about them.