Alonso in red for 08? Oh my! LMAO | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Alonso in red for 08? Oh my! LMAO

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by racerx3317, Sep 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    How much of a say will RD have where he ends up , surely he would'nt want him at ferrari even if the money was 100 mil .
    But as andreas said what a season it could shape up to be LH v FA with gloves off..

2. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    MS will never have anything to do with Alonshole or any team he is involved with.

3. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Some truth in this..

4. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sure he would love to see him at Ferrari.....It would be like sending your rival an email with a virus that has no cure.

5. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Know what you mean funny..but he is a good driver given #1 status

nausea that he is..

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I agree with you that the story is probably bogus and Alonso will end up at Renault.

However he is currently the best driver in F1 and I rather see the best driver in our car than in the competition's. Also he is superb at developing and sorting out a car. He did it for Renault and to some degree at McLaren. I doubt Kimi is helping the development much. Don't know about Massa.

Alonso is a whiner. Partly by nature, partly on purpose to get his way. Guess what, it works. Schumacher was more subtle, but the point is to form a team. One way or another. Prost was similar and almost clinched the title for the Scuderia.

I agree that Alonso and Kimi would not be an ideal pairing as Kimi would be too much of a competition. Alonso needs a weak #2. That's why Massa would be the better partner. As much as I'm a Kimi fan, I would agree to see him depart if we could get Alonso on board. That would be a recipe for many consecutive WDCs.

As I said, I don't think it is going to happen, but here you have my reasons for why I would welcome it.

7. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sorry but I wont sell my moral values just to win a freaking championship. Bringing this guy on board is like selling your soul to the devil. Oh.... Isnt that what McCheater did. When I look at a driver and connect the word "BEST" to him it is because of everything he does on and off the track for the sport not just behind the wheel.

8. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Breaking News:

In a news conference in Charlotte Theresa Earnhardt announced today that Fernando Alonso has signed a $20million contract with DEI to replace Jr. in the no.8 Preparation H Chevy Monte Carlo.

Seriously, Kimi left Mclaren because he didn't want to drive next to Alonso. If Alonso joins Ferrari Kimi would be back at Mclaren in a heartbeat.

While Massa might not be on the same level as Fernando he has done an excellent job this year when the team didn't let him down. He doesn't deserve the boot.

Alonso will end up at Renault or Toyota (whoever pays RD more money) or he'll be made to sit out 08 and 09 .He might even retire.

+1000 on Ross Brawn coming back to Ferrari. We need him more than Alonso.

9. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    Your Opinion: "MS will never have anything to do with Alonshole or any team he is involved with."

The facts:

MS and Alonso live in the same elite neighborhood in Switzerland.... They are also friends....
    You might remember it was MS who told JT to hire Kimi, he made the same recommendation about Fonzo....

"Retired seven time title winner Michael Schumacher, who lives in tranquil Switzerland, has a new neighbour. Swiss newspaper ‘Tribune de Geneve’ reports on Wednesday that the 25-year-old Spaniard has bought a villa in Mont-Sur-Rolle. The latest reports assert that Alonso’s new villa is in the Vaud region, in the west of Switzerland and merely twelve kilometres from Schumacher’s home in Vufflens-le-Chateau"

10. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian

How much exposure they get would depend on a) whether FA is world champion at the end of this season and b) whether the Renault is a competitive car next year. If neither of those is the case exposure would be limited.

11. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #211 SonomaRik, Sep 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Right you are: Alonso has proven he would play hard ball not only with the team principals but other team'mates', and staff: Taking emails to the FIA and extortion.

He isn't honorable........"F1 is no longer a sport to me" <--any one remember that?

Ferrari don't play those games and it IS a sport to Ferrari
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    They have Kimi. No need for the crying brat. If Kimi was somewhere else then I might support Luca becoming a total whore and hiring alonso because I desperately wanted to win. But Ferrari is winning just fine, even when their main rival stole their playbook.

13. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    That we think we know what Ferrari needs to win and yet we are all back seat drivers here... Luca, JT, Ross, Mario and the boys all know what we need to win so let's support them as they get the talent to make Ferrari win.... Who cares whose driving as long as the car comes across the line in first place??? I don't care if Kimi is driving of Blinky the Clown, what I do care about is Ferrari being the world champs.

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I believe Blinky the Clown sits in the #5 car. :)

15. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I personally don't want or expect to see Ferrari win the WDC every year, I just want to see them stomp arch rival McLaren! I'd like to see other teams win at times too. I was a Kimi fan even when he was at McLaren, he worked hard and came SO close to winning the WDC many times, wouldn't have bothered me at all if he had managed to beat Michael at least once. But I think McLaren have two jackals now, an arrogant/disprespectful though talented rookie and an arrogant/dishonest crook champion. I don't want to see either of these win.........

16. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Am I the only one on this board that just wants to see some real racing?

Kimi at ferrari
    Alonso (notice i didn't put "hole" at the end of his name.) @ renault
    Hamilton @ Mclaren

and with the new rule changes taking effect to reduce drag, we could see a damn good, ALMOST golden era in f1 again....

17. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +1

18. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    +1000!

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1001

20. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Exactly what I want to see. Now you can turn the TV off after the first lap. Qualifying is a lot more exciting than the race.

Would love to see BMW take the next step up.

10-12 cars on the grid covered by less than a second and the ability to pass cleanly-I have to stop living in the past.....

21. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    haha....probably something he learned from Schumi........:D

22. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    That would be awesome. It would be even better if BMW picked up a couple tenths over the off-season and came back as a true competitor next year. They're so close that I think they can do it. At least they have been very reliable and their drivers are experienced.

23. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    He racked up a lot of leading laps at the Nurburgring, only to lose the lead in the last minute. So that statistic is a little deceptive.

24. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Which is why Superbest Friends ,Team Toro, and Spyker should spend more time bashing into each other or with the "Engine Fire On" button engaged than "racing". ;)

25. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    ...(gp.com & others)....are printing that FA is likely (!!?) headed to Ferrari? Sound like some strange back room deals have been made.........
    If so, some tifosi are going to have an adjustment period next year..........But maybe this is just more journalist gossip........