Alonso in red for 08? Oh my! LMAO | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Alonso in red for 08? Oh my! LMAO

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by racerx3317, Sep 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Funny how suddenly there is an interest in the ignore function.

To answer a few questions:

- it is real
    - it is under user profile of the person you want to filter out
    - you no longer see that person's messages

Pls, go ahead and use it.

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sep.20 (GMM) Reports that Fernando Alonso could be heading back to Renault next year have gathered even more pace.

Bob McKenzie, the formula one correspondent for British newspaper Daily Express, claims that the French team's boss Flavio Briatore "has asked his main sponsor ING for a few more millions" to help bring back the Spaniard following an unhappy single season at McLaren.

Dutch sponsor ING's current Renault deal is reputedly worth about (US) $30 million a year.

McKenzie asserts that the value of ING's required increase to accommodate Alonso in 2008 could be $10m.

The likelihood that the 26-year-old will leave McLaren at the end of the year, despite a solid contract for 2008, had increased yet more on Wednesday with the publication of the World Motor Sport Council transcripts.

McLaren boss Ron Dennis told the Paris hearing less than a week ago that he had not even shared a single word with the reigning world champion since early August.

"The relationship between Fernando and myself is extremely cold. That is an understatement," he added.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ING currrently spends $ 20 million in on track advertisements. So these 10 million shouldn't be a big deal.

5. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm surprised they would need that much to get alonso. I'm sure he's desperate to leave McLaren. That puts him in a pretty weak negotiating position. And Carlos Ghosn definitely knows how to save a buck...

6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    remove five signs off the new MS corner and bingo: 10 mill :)

7. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    in a way, Renault needs something to get back on track if nothing else but 1. save face, 2. please sponsors.

they sure went below surface IMO this year. They'll gladly take FA, feeling a. Ferrari MLM problems will extend into '08, taking heat off FA; b. this entire thing will blow over in a couple years anyway.

only thing will happen in a few years is added fodder for chat rooms.....race on.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    TV exposure wise it is probably a steal to have Alonso in your car vs some ING billboards. I'm sure we'll see a lot more Renault coverage next season.

There are companies whose sole job is to count the seconds a particular ad on any given F1 car has been seen on TV and put together the statistics (they actually use software for this). The results are published and exposure times and rankings for all sponsors produced. This translates into real dollars. ING will get a lot more bang for its buck with FA as the driver than lame Fisico.

9. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli

And if ING does not stay more than the next year, perhaps Santander would be happy to step in.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Funny how high finance has replaced tobacco. F1 has been upgraded. For better or worse.

11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good point and interesting facts one of the reasons why I like f1

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Exactly, you think they the will keep Hekki or replace him with Piquet Jr.?

13. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I bet they keep Kovalainen. He finally settled down and is pretty consistent. Piquet must be so pissed off. The seat was all his before this mess blew up. I wonder if Flavio will find him a seat elswhere or keep him as a test driver?

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I would think they'll keep Heikki. No idea where that leaves Piquet. Maybe it will be left to FA to decide, dunno.

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    For whats worth (not much), here is my take...

Alonso back to Renault, Fisi out, Piquet Jr to Williams and Rosberg taking Alonso's seat.

What I wish is Alonso to Ferrari to Partner Kimi and Massa to Toyota.

16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It would appear Alonso is going to leave Mclaren, I don't really care where he ends up to be honest.

I know it makes sense for him to drive for ferrari and through gritted teeth would support him.

But do you think kimi would play 2nd fiddle to Alonso because thats the only I feel it would work ?

However I doubt this be a problem as it won't happen..

BTW your take is worth much ..:) Rosberg in a Mclaren could be interesting.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I was thinking the same, but is there any base to this? Is either driver related to either team? Or would this be purely a financial transaction?

18. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

I will have a go too ;)

Massa - Kimi = Ferrari
    Lewis - Button = mc'cheaters
    Alonso - Heikki = Renault
    Piquet - Rosberg = Williams

19. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    That sounds about right. Although I can't think of anyone else to replace Alonso, I just don't think Button will get that seat. Nevertheless, the Brits would have a hay-day with that one! ;)

20. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The problem is, Jenson is already contracted for Honda next year. The only drivers who aren't contracted, aren't considered wdc material. Guys like Wurz, Ralfie, Liuzzi etc.

21. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    is it money to pay alonshole or is it money to pay McL to buy out his contract though ?
    if its the latter then his desperation makes little difference.

22. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    Several things have happened behind the scenes..

JT will not be the team principal anymore...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luca is going to move JT to CEO only.
    Ross is going to be the team principal
    Drivers will be Fonzo and Kimi
    Massa goes to Toyota.
    Fillipi comes to Ferrari to keep JT's son happy.
    Ferrari wins the WDC and WCC for many years to come.

grandprix.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no doubt that part of the negotiation going on at Spa last weekend was to find a way for Fernando Alonso to get out of his McLaren contract. Our spies suggest that while everyone seems to think that Fernando will wash up at Renault, it is much more likely that he will be popping up as Kimi Raikkonen's team-mate at Ferrari. The Italian team would obviously have to pay a considerable sum of money in order to achieve that goal but no doubt that money could be used by McLaren to find a replacement and perhaps even to pay its fine.

Alonso was busy doing the rounds in Spa and was spotted at Red Bull Racing, which can only be seen as a courtesy call, rather than something serious. At the same time the sharp-eyed observers will have seen Felipe Massa visiting Toyota.

We also hear that a group of Ferrari owners recently visited the factory in Italy and were told by a senior Ferrari man that there was a possibility that Alonso would drive for Ferrari next season and that the team was working on a deal.

All this would involve Massa moving on to become number one at Toyota, which would be a lucrative move but might not help his career as a Grand Prix winner. It would also create some interesting dynamics in the Todt Family.

Massa is managed by Nicolas Todt - Jean's son - and he may not be happy to see his charge being booted out of Maranello. This might perhaps explain the fact that another Todt Jr protege - Luca Filippi - is now being mentioned as a possible Ferrari test driver next year.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jean Todt has once again fended off speculation that he is preparing to step down as Ferrari's F1 boss.

It was rumoured recently that the Frenchman's relationship with Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo is no longer good.

The reports also suggested that Ross Brawn may already have signed to return to the Maranello based team next year - on the condition that Todt, who began to lead Ferrari in 1993, has departed.

"I am not giving up, because I have committed myself to Ferrari," the 61-year-old was on Friday quoted as saying by the Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

Todt added: "We lost Michael Schumacher and Ross Brawn, and also Rory Byrne all at the same time. So the transitional phase has already been traumatic enough."

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Don't get my hopes up so high. This would be the best season in F1 in a long time. <sigh>

24. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    JT to CEO only... Ross as Team Principal, Schumi back in the garage in a technical role, Kimi and Fonzo drivers... Luca is making his move, he has a clear shot for this, he's put it all in place, just needs time to take it's place.

25. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas...I cant believe you or any other Ferrari fan would want to see Alonshole on our team. Alonshole is a head case and the baggage he carries has to be hauled by tractor. I said it before .... Ferrari is not that stupid to bring that bonehead to our team. If they did then it will only spell disaster. If you think there were problems at the McCheater team then bring this idiot to Ferrari and put him in the car beside Kimi and you will see a complete meltdown. You cannot have 2 top drivers on one team namely when one of them insists on being #1 and lets his teammate know it on and off the track. Kimi wont settle for this. The way I see it, grand prix .com ran out of news to report or Luca has been sniffing to much high octane fuel.