Alonso in red for 08? Oh my! LMAO | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Alonso in red for 08? Oh my! LMAO

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by racerx3317, Sep 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Its more than likely a croc of .....

2. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Despite the rumors, Luca Di Montezemollo (spell?) have praised both Kimi and Massa any chance he got. He keeps repeating how happy Ferrari are with their results this season. Where all this speculation comes from? I am not saying that if it was in the plans to replace one of the boys in red, Luca should go advertise it, but why would he say all the time how happy he is?
    Another reason I don't believe it would happen is that to put Kimi and Alonshole as teammates is like burning your own house. And I don't believe that after what Ferrari are paying Kimi they would let him go after just one season even if he doesn't win the championship this season. After all he is doing better than M.Schumacher did in 96. Just without spectacular performances (like Schumi in the rain in Spain)

3. Geir

Geir Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    How does that make the statistic deceptive?

Leading is leading, and if it was not for trouble with the car Massa would likely have won that race as well.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dream on.

5. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Dream on? Tire vibrations lost the race. He pulled away in the first rain stint. All the other drivers make excuses but his was pretty legitimate.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    His former fans in Brazil didn't buy it and disillusionment has set in.

7. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I'm rooting for Kimi but remember , Kimi has a great car to work with and that's why he's doing better than Schumacher did in '96
    with a bad car. They'll keep Kimi, Massa is just too emotional and gets sloppy now and then. I hope they don't bring in Alonso,
    could be disruptive to team harmony, especially with all that's going on with spies, etc. Why not bring in one of the good drivers from
    one of the other teams like Honda(Button),BMW(Heidfeld)????

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Luca also praised MS before compelling him to retire...

9. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    He profited from Raikkonen's misfortune, racked up a good number of leading laps. Then lost it when the rain appeared. He lead for about 80% of the race, but crucially failed to convert those leading laps into a win. So I feel his large number of leading laps, doesn't tell the whole story.

10. Johnny Prezemullo

Apr 24, 2006
    Out of my point of view the appointment of Alonso as Ferrari driver would damage the trust and the image of Ferrari in the eyes of most of the Ferrari customers. Seeing the almost all negative reactions of the community of the F-Chatters in case that Alonso will become a Ferrari driver, i find it as a clear statement, that the Ferrari President would risk a deep loss of respect for Ferrari and himself if a characterly weak person like Alonso would be positioned as a somehow leading person of Ferrari if he becomes a Ferrari driver.

I as a Ferrari driver and customer will certainly not respect if somebody becomes a high ranking Ferrari representative who 99 % of the Ferrari Community would have fired immediately after what has happened. Its now the Ferrari Community turn to make very clear to Ferrari that Alonso is not welcome and that it is in the very end not alone LM`s decision who is welcome at the wheel of the future F1 Ferrari.

11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Alonso moving to Ferrari, is the best thing that can happen to Ferrari and F1

You need a bit of spice in the sport, and a few plot twist & turns might make up for the complete lack of passing on the track.

12. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Only if he was racing by himself and everyone on the team was deaf.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Do you think LDM gives a hoot about what anybody on here thinks about his F1 drivers?

Not in a million years.

14. kole

kole Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2005
    Alonso at Ferrari? Makes my stomach churn. Tried to get the words out...but I swolled them instantly for fear of upsetting anyone..

15. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    +1

LdM is concerned with keeping Ferrari at the top, not with soothing the bruised egos of a few of you. From all the p1ssing and moaning here, you'd think that Ferrari never employed an arsehole driver before... :rolleyes:

There have been plenty of unpleasant drivers at Ferrari. All I am concerned about is that the team field the strongest possible team and that means having the best available driver. I don't want to go to a tea party with the guy, I want to see him win races and titles. It is ridiculous to think that Alonso would not deliver wins for the team. Everything else is a few guys on this site whining like a bunch of old women.

16. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I agree. In fact I think everyone's "hero" here, MS, is a BIGGER ****** than Alonso!!!

17. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    If Fred does go red in 08 all you anti Fred fans better be real men for once in your lives and keep to your stupid empty threats of " I will quit following F1 and give up on Ferrari".

Ferrari Fred, now this is funny. Ha ha ha

So long Fred haters don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

FRED IS GOING RED !

18. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Stu-speak for yourself. Hero? None of these guys are my heroes. Not MS, not GV, not AS, etc. Fan, a tifoso, supporter, yes. The closest thing to a hero in terms of an F1 driver to me would probably be Lauda post-1976 German GP, but perhaps "inspirational" would be a better word than "heroic".

Rightfully or wrongfully, the fact that this is Ferrarichat might have something to do with the immense support that MS gets on here. If I had to chose between MS and FA to have as a next door neighbor I'd chose MS, although I'd prefer a James Hunt type.

19. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    When alonshole won his first championship, he stood in front of the Media in Spain and told the world that he owes his championship to nobody. I can just see him now IF he drove for Ferrari and IF he won the WDC standing in front of the Italian media and his team saying I owe this championship to nobody. Ill bet you would love him still right? Italians would start building the galos.

20. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am sorry man, but you got it a little wrong. IF it happens he would be like>Ferrari owes this championship to ME. I gave them 0.5 seconds a lap and even then I didn't feel like I had the team's support<

21. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    We don't hate Alonshole. This would mean that we have actually feelings for him. No I don't hate him. I don't care if tomorrow the earth opens and swallows him whole. I would really HATE though to see Ferrari signing him. See they are someone who I have feelings for.Even if sometimes mixed ones.

22. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Haha...I like your "whining like a bunch of old women" line :) It kinda reminds me of this line, "whining like an old woman"...which kinda reminds me of FA. :D

Seriously though. I see your point about FA...and yes, I agree that he would most assuredly bring wins to Ferrari if he were on the team. However, as I've stated before, I wonder what all those "wins" might cost Ferrari? Would all those "wins" cost Ferrari to develop a disruption and incohesiveness within the team to the extent that the team becomes unraveled and potentially costing WCC points, WDC points or both? FA is more than just an arsehole driver. I know what you mean when you say, "I wouldn't want to go to a tea party with the guy, I want to see him win races and titles"...but IMO, his lack of integrity, sportmanship and being a team player can outweigh and tarnish all of his skill at driving a car. FA has shown what he is lacking in when he was with Renault and now with McLaren. He doesn't appear to be getting better. On the contrary, he appears to be getting worse. IMO, I think if you look on the surface, FA translates to the strong possibility of wins but if you look a little deeper FA translates to someone who is very unstable and could possibly be very detrimental to the team which could make those wins all null and void.

Please do not take this as "whining like an old woman". It's just an opinion ;)

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1