ALMS Grand Prix of (Road) Atlanta, April 17: | Page 2 | FerrariChat

ALMS Grand Prix of (Road) Atlanta, April 17:

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Gatorrari, Apr 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Coming from your direction, take exit 129 off of I-85, turn right, and go about 3 miles or so. First you'll see Lanier Speedway (a short-track "bullring") on your right, and then Road Atlanta on your left. The spectator entrance is a bit past the other entrances.

2. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Jeremy/David....What are your plans? What time are you guys heading down? I am still trying to make up my mind if I am going......I would like to try Giovanni's, so this alone may be worth my trip....................................

-Jay

3. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Hey Jay,
    I'm headed down tomorrow. I'm leaving Asheville at 9:00 and picking up Andy the race track gas station off i-85 & white horse rd around 10am. I'll give you a call to just confirm it all.......

David isn't coming down till sunday morning.

4. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I live about 2 miles off the interstate of I-85 from Home & Work. I will be leaving early tonight and spending the night in Greeneville SC so I can meet up with you guys in the morning at 10am. If anyone is interested Chateau Elan has rooms for 2 Double Beds only for around a ballpark price of $230-250 depending on if you want breakfast included with your room. I will be at the Wingate Hotel in Buford GA about 15 miles Southwest of the track if anyone is interested in rooms who hasn't booked their room yet for a decent price.

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You also might want to check for rooms in Commerce, which is about 20 miles before the exit for the track; I believe the exit number is 149.

6. Ski Guy 348

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Jeremy...I am just going to come down Sunday morning. My new brake pads came in today...I am going to tackle that tomorrow. Do you guys have a place everyone is going to park? It would be nice if everyone could stay together....

-Jay

7. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Hey Jay I imagine most of us will end up stayin near 6 and 7 (big skidpad area) like at Petit Le Mans but that's just my assumption. Give one of us a call when you get down there so we can get everybody together. Hopefully it won't be as crowded as PLM weekend is...good gah it's a nightmare those weekends haha.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The skidpad sounds like a good spot. I probably won't go there until after lunch; I expect to watch the morning activities and the start of the race from the turn 10-11 area, and then head for 6-7. A 2-3/4 hour race may be no Petit LeMans, but it's still long enough to provide options. I'll be with the Ferrari, of course.....

9. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    wooooowwww that was sooooo much fun and i am soooo burnt and tired hahaha. i think we had just as much if not more fun driving on the highway!!!! carolina guys know what im talkin bout hahaha. only thing that sucked was when i left my camera bag at turn 7 and had to walk all the way over there from turn 10 complex....geeeeez cant find a shuttle when ya need one at that place haha.

good to see everybody again!!!

jay where were ya man?

10. Ski Guy 348

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Andy....Sorry I missed it. I got up early only to find a flat tire on the 348...I am having a roof installed on the house. Guess what was in my tire..A roofing nail!! I can't wait to see them in the morning!!!~

11. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Hey guys, it was good to see everyone again, Jim your 328's looking great, glad to see you're doing good. WHAT A RACE!

I have a new nickname for Mark, W.M. Wendy's Man! That stands for inexpensive pre-race hamburger!! what's more important that opening lap? W.M.

And what's this about Jeremy starting fights with rent-a-cops! Man is he one mean dude....Just like at the dirt track in Swansee on Saturday night! I remember the days...once a redneck always a redneck... from a Duster to a Ferrari. Hey man, which is reder, your Porsche or your neck? Ha Sorry I missed it. Fat man with a little badge.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Good to see everyone again. I had a blast helping "represent" Maranello in the absence of Ferraris in the race itself. Somehow I seem to have more fun at Road Atlanta with you Carolina cats than I do with my fellow Atlantans. I'm glad that Stephane at least made the scene with his fantastic Testarossa!

Didja notice how four Ferraris in our made-up "corral" got twice as much interest as all the cars in the neighboring Corvette and Porsche corrals? Like I always say, the neat thing about Ferrari is its exclusivity, and the increased interest that results. Corvette and Porsche make great cars, but they make too many of them!

See you guys at the Mitty in two weeks? Again, I'll probably just go on Sunday, weather permitting. (On Saturday I'm taking the car to a show at an area high school.)

13. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Red Flag means STOP !!! lol
    I got blacked flagged 3 TIMES on the 2nd go around with the fastest car and the guy in front of me cut me off like crazy. I should have spun him out and kept on going.
    Earlier on Saturday we were looking for a Best Buy for me to buy another Digital Camera. We were just chillin and looking at the hot ladies driving by , looking at a nice S2000 and then out of no where we saw an old guy in a wheel chair in the left hand turning lane coming to the redlight at full speed trying to beat the light. Man did I wish I had my camera on me at the time.
    Anyways I got some pretty good pics of the Corvette doing the burnout after the race in turn 11 near the bridge.
    I got some really good shots of the 328, 348 CH, 3and the Testarossa at the Skidpad. Also I got a lot of the racing action in the SCCA speedworld challenge and the LeMans series race also. I didn't get up early on Sunday to make it to the GT race though cause I woke up at 10:30am on Sunday. I will post the pictures up as soon as I can.

14. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #39 L8Braker, Apr 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah guys great time!!!!!!! Always good to get a friendly group of car guys together. However I think our drive down and even back had to be like a track day! On the way down we ran into a C55 AMG that little car was pretty quick with awesome brakes! On the way back we had a 911 turbo driven by an attractive blonde tag along with us until a newer cobra and vette caught up and some people in the group got to a speed of 150ish..... umm yeah not a good idea, but fun!

We all should have some pics up in the next few days, but wait here is the most awesome car to get on track all weekend!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
  16. Ski Guy 348

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    On the way back we had a 911 turbo driven by an attractive blonde tag along with us until a newer cobra and vette caught up and some people in the group got to a speed of 150ish..... umm yeah not a good idea, but fun!
    .......................................................................................................

Jeremy...You guys are nuts!!!!!

17. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Not I!!! I didn't go that fast! I only hit about 140 hahaha Actually it was funny I was cruising at 116 and getting left behind like no other!! Just wait for Andy's video hehe

PS this is all fictional and took place only in my mind for all you cops reading the forum!

18. Ski Guy 348

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Jeremy...I know that Porsche will do better than that...Or will it? LOL!!!

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Funny thing: when I got on I-85 going the other way (back toward Atlanta), I find myself close behind a Viper roadster and a 350Z, so I slotted in behind them and we all rode together well into Gwinnett County. But we were only doing about 80 or so; traffic wouldn't permit otherwise.

20. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Mine tops out around 165......I wasn't with the pack when they took off doing 150, but my car does very well! Jut ask the Black C5 vette hahaha

Yeah Jim I saw the traffic going to ATL was backed up, and we were stuck for a while. It goes to 3 lanes in greenville and we opened it up then =)

21. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    For those of you that were there.......did you catch Andy's new nickname?? Minute Man!!!

For those of you that weren't.......they had a massage table that was a dollar a minute and well Andy wouldn't last over a minute sooooo *8^p

22. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #47 L8Braker, Apr 18, 2005
  23. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason

bwahahhaahahah! the minute man is because i was goin to ask how much massaging i could get with the amount of change/lint in my pocket!!!!!!!!

and here are my pics
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v487/AndyThomason/Andy/Weekend%20in%20Atlanta/

video soon hopefully

24. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #49 L8Braker, Apr 18, 2005
  25. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Although the picture of the MC12 and JDavid's Challenge looked really good the two babes in the picture with Minute Man appeared to be the fastest things in the whole bunch, forget the 150 mph! Looked like everyone had a great time. I wish I hadn't missed it, but I was spinning my way (several times) into a dimension of pissed off because I just couldn't get my line right through turns 7 and 8 at Roebling.

Rob