Allocation and deposit ?’s | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Allocation and deposit ?’s

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by bpolsky, Apr 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, Leo! This is great...T

3. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Ventilated seats are definitely an option. I was offered them when I did my Atelier at Ferrari last week.

4. LeoNewland

LeoNewland Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Leo Newland
    You're welcome Tom - now if we can get a pdf of the April 2018 Portofino brochure that clockem referred to in his previous #50 post in this topic, then we could check for additions, deletions, changes, etc., such as ventilated seats.

tomc likes this.
  5. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just started the process of ordering my Portofino. There is a true discrepancy between what is truly available and what is on the configurator. The biggest thing for me, quite honestly was the seats. I always get the cross stitched Alcantara but for some reason it is not available in this car, so I went with the Daytona with the Alcantara insert. Below is my list of options:

Yellow Brake Calipers
    Black Ceramic Exhaust Pipes
    Scuderia Ferrari Shields
    20" Forged Dark Painted Rims
    CARBON WHEEEL + LEDS
    DAYTONA STYLE SEATS
    HORSE STITCHED ON HEADREST
    COLOURED MATS WITH LOGO
    RED REV. COUNTER
    FULL ELECTRIC SEATS
    COLOURED STANDARD STITCHING (ROSSO)
    DAYTONA SEAT ALCANTARA STRIPES (ROSSO)
    APPLE CARPLAY
    ADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTS + SBL
    HOMELINK GARAGE DOOR OPENER
    ELECTROCHROMIC REARWIEW MIRROR
    PASSENGER DISPLAY
    ALUMINIUM DRIVER&PASS.FOOTREST
    HIGH POWER HIFI SYSTEM

Total came out to right around 270K USD. FFS is now requiring dealers to ask for a MINIMUM of 10K as a deposit. I think that may be for previous owners so that's what I had to do. Not sure where it goes from there. Best thing to do is call everywhere and anywhere to see if they have an earlier allocation and jump on it. It is SOOO different from dealer to dealer. I was shocked.

6. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    BTW - in terms of color, I've had all black Ferraris over the years. They are a pain in the ass to sell for some reason. Probably red is the way to go if you are concerned about that.

LARRYH likes this.
  7. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    Any carbon fiber on the outside?

8. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    My delivery is scheduled for Nov this year.

Regarding the seats for the US. The Daytona seats are available to order however they do not show up on the portal.

I tried to get vented seats and they are not available here.

Also no lift as per the Cali which I still think is a little wierd.

9. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    The following options were offered to me at the Atelier at Ferrari, which were not on the Ferrari configurator:

Daytona Seat (Order code: DAYT) This differs from the California seat as it does not have a centre stripe down the middle. The Daytona strips do meet in the middle though
    Seat with a cross pattern and a centre stripe
    Ventilated seats
    Rear bumper in grey / silver
    Additional colour coding on the mirrors

There were a couple of cars on the production line which had the Daytona Seats. I was told these were dealer cars.

10. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016

What were prices on the Ventilated seats? - have not seen those before. Are they on all types or just Daytona and what do they actually give you. Ordered mine a month ago and sounds like extras appearing already.

11. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    No price details were given at the Atelier appointment. You get that 'surprise' a week or so later from your dealer.

I had the Daytona seats, which is why I know the option code and price, but I did not have any of the other additional options offered.

12. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    The dealer that I approached said 25K non refundable in the US. Is that normal?

13. robinsm

robinsm Rookie

Mar 3, 2015
    The non refundable part is B.S. deposits are refundable in every state, dealers try and pass of this non refundable thing all the time.

14. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I ordered last April and was asked for $30k down. I was told that the money would be refundable for several months since US production wouldn't start for a while. Once it was slated for production,no refund. Seems reasonable to me.

15. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I was at the dealer here in Austin yesterday to drop off my 488 for it's annual maintenance and they had a rosso corsa Portofino out front and it really looked good. They wanted a $25k deposit if I would have placed an order back in the spring and no promise for delivery until December but the deposit is completely refundable even if you don't buy the car. They are confident they can sell the Portofino for a premium because it has 600hp and sounds better than the Cali T. That is what my salesman was telling me. He says they have already pre-sold 19 of them.

16. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    I was only asked for a $10k refundable deposit.

17. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    My salesmen told me that the deposit size depends on how hard it would be to sell the car if the one who ordered backed out. My deposit dropped by $10k when I changed the interior color.

18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Either way, they only hold your deposit until the car is sold.