all cars should sound like this. | FerrariChat

all cars should sound like this.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Ryan S., Sep 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
  2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Holy f'ing mother of GOD!! That is just awesome.

3. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Man, Audi sure does make some incredible sounding engines...from the old 20V 5-bangers to all of their current offerings (especially the V10 in the Gallardo:D). Too bad the driver kinda botched up the 1-2 shift a bit, but boy does it sound wicked. Not to mention the anti-lag belching away in the beginning...something every turbo car should have (but not exactly easy on the turbo itself). :) Great vid Thanks for the post!!!

4. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Sweet vid, thanks for sharing! :)

Anti-lag? Can you explain how that works, thanks. However it works, it sure makes for a mean idle...

5. Johnny Bravo

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Oh, I also found an article which apparently explains that Cosworth built & designed the RS4's engines: http://www.cosworth-technology.co.uk/700_information/724_21stjuly2000.htm

More or less anti-lag is just a system to keep the turbo spooled...dumps a bit of fuel into the turbo manifold and adds extra spark to keep the turbo spinning. Rally cars use anti-lag systems (well, turbo powered ones that is) and it's absolutely amazing to hear in person. It's as loud as a gunshot since it's technically an explosion of fuel. Here's a great article to explain it: http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html Hope this helps :D

6. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Thanks for the explaination, very interesting...I think I would except lag instead of engine death every ~100km lol. ;)

7. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Amazing, i would not like to be behind him at the lights.

8. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    the 2nd gear mess up is because he was saying he had some sort of clutch problem

9. Johnny Bravo

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Ryan, do you know who tuned that car and if there are more vids or info about it? I can't see enough of the graphics on the car to figure it out.