Alignment Spec for QV | FerrariChat

Alignment Spec for QV

Discussion in '308/328' started by miketuason, Feb 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Will the factory spec for QV with 16” wheel be the same for a QV with 17” wheels or is there a preferred alignment spec out there for street (non trac)?

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    IME with 16" wheels on a 308, the rear camber spec and relatively large rear toe-in spec for a 308QV tends to prematurely wear the inner rear tire tread a lot. A 17" tire (at the same overall diameter) will have even less tire sidewall height/flexibility so I'd start with something like -.75~-1 deg rear camber and 2.5~3mm rear toe-in for street use, and tweak from there as needed to get overall even tread wear across the tread width -- JMO.

miketuason likes this.
  3. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you Steve! thats exactly what I need to get the most even tire wear, this would be god for street driving since I don't trac mine anyway.

4. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Steve, I found this old post of yours dated back in 2006, when I dropped my car at the alignment shop this morning, I told them to follow your Recommendation and they said they will.