Algar;status of stolen/recovered Ferrari Mondial t cab | FerrariChat

Algar;status of stolen/recovered Ferrari Mondial t cab

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by davewapinski, Apr 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davewapinski

davewapinski Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2003
    In the past I have had neutral to bad experiences with service at different vehicle dealers after the warranty ran out. People I have talked to have generally had bad experiences.

So it was with some "fear and trembling" that I took the stolen/recovered Ferrari Mondail t to Algar's.

However, I have been very pleasantly surprised with Algar's. They have treated me with professionalism, honesty and fairness.

I would recommend them highly.

If algar's keeps this up, I might have to change my opinion of service departments of dealers.

The mechanical and electrical work should be completed in an estimated 4 weeks. This is much faster than I expected.

After that, exterior, interior, and audio.

Since this is my first Ferrari, do not have much experience with dealers. However, the sales and management of Steve Harris Imports, Ferrari of Scottsdale, and Algar's have treated me with diginity and fairness.

2. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I'm glad to hear you are putting it back together. Is there any updates on the thief? Can you talk about what happend to him?

3. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Glad to hear you got it back!
    Don't forget insurance this time

4. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Mark Cedrone, the service manager, is a gentleman, and tony, the chief wrench, is very, very good.

5. davewapinski

davewapinski Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2003
    There are multiple ongoing legal actions and a few more that will be filed. As such I cannot comment on this area at the moment, but will be able to at some point in the future. I am a fighter, and I think I will win.

Algar's did not know if it would work, but they tried it. They tried fixing the steering column by welding. It worked. Have not seen it, but it is suppose to look great. The steering column was critical because it could be "a show stopper". Ferrari no longer makes these.

Thanks again to all who helped. It helped me be this far along.

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    All my dealings with Algar have been nothing but great. To anybody who owns a Ferrari in the area I would highly recommend these guys. Even being from Canada, I have had to call them and ask for advice a few times and each and everytime they have been more then helpful..even faxing me diagrams and code sheets when needed. They are by far one of the best Ferrari dealers I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

7. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Ive heard nothing but great things about Algar. I walk in there every Saturday and talk Ferrari for an hour or 2 with the guys. They are really nice and have no quams if you are in there to look around. Talk to dm_n_stuff about the service bay, his dino just came from there.