Algar hospitality | FerrariChat

Algar hospitality

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Pawilly, Jun 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I've read about Algar friendliness and hospitality through the years I've followed Ferrarichat. My grandson and I enjoyed it first hand today. He is 13 and recently has become interested in all exotic cars, so I contacted them through their website to ask if it would be possible to bring him to see the cars and the dealership. Tony Palmer replied quickly to advise "no problem." We were finally able to go this morning and got the full monty tour from Matt Whigham. My grandson had his photo taken in a beautiful gallo with black top 488 berlinetta and I got him a cool shirt. Grandpa is happy too, since he had been wanting to see them for many years.

A big thanks to Matt for his cordiality, time and patience showing us the facilities and answering our questions, Tony and Algar.

AClark, Carnut, colombo2cam and 2 others like this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Awesome. Good on them and good on you. Great story.
    T

3. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Tony is a class act and a true gentleman
    I have witnessed people just strolling in on a Saturday to look at the cars
    Everyone that walks in the door are treated like
    they are millionaires and the sales staff are happy to show them the cars. Actually the whole dealership is nothing but stellar
    From the top, Francis , Tony, Patrick, to Micheal Bloch the service manager that is nothing short of professional, honest and fair. Let's not forget about all the awesome people behind the scences like Ryan And Rachel
    Livio and Nick in parts department that has helped me tremendously sourcing me parts others said were no longer available
    And of course Wayne who had transported my cars
    Can you tell I am a huge fan of Algar !

AClark likes this.
  4. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Mt grandson is now working out what job he needs to find by the time he is in his 30's, so that he can purchase one of these beautiful cars. I reminded him that it's one thing to buy, but you have to maintain it, too. Grandpa was really happy to see the gorgeous dark blue 330 back in a corner on the lowest level. That is a car he lusted after back in the 70's. It looks pretty much in perfect condition and hopefully it is driven regularly (same for the rest of the cars being stored there).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc and colombo2cam like this.
  5. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Unfortunately, as much as we wanted to leave with keys, car and title in hand with the 70th Anniversary Rosso Mugello/Silver 488 on consignment, we could only look on wistfully and hope our ship will come in...

6. PhilaChris

PhilaChris Rookie

Mar 6, 2019
    That’s a great story. He’ll get one for sure when he’s old enough. Tony and everyone there are great!

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I think I might have been there that day I remember Matt showing people around. I was talking to Francis about a 458, and what colors are my top three. I only live about 8 minutes away. I'm glad you and your grandson were treated well.

8. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Nice story Pawilly, thanks for sharing. I had a, let's just say, less than stellar experience at that dealership about a decade ago and swore off ever doing business with them in the future. To be fair, however, I believe the dealership has been sold since then and most of the people currently employed by the dealership were not there a decade ago. In fact, I have not seen Algar since it was remodeled many years ago...

9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    You learn a lot about car dealers and the car business after you have bought over 475 cars. There is a dealer where I bought 25 (and brought them at least twice that many deals) cars from the same salesperson, that I will not do business (but I gave management three chances and they struck out, even though I warned them, so far they have lost 6 deals I sent to another BMW dealer ) with again. I have known some of the people at Algar since the day they started, and over the last 20 something years have done lots of deals with them. They not only service my Ferrari's, they serviced my 4C and Evora 400, they even store some of my cars in the winter. I have sold them cars, and I have bought cars.There is a 458 coming in on Monday and if all goes well it will be another car bought from Algar. I have never had a bad experience at Algar, and considering how many different types of deals we have done, that is truly saying something.