Alfa Romeo NEWS 2017-2020 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo NEWS 2017-2020

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by F1tommy, Oct 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    oh yeah, i forgot to say that im currently transitioning to female so s5 is still perfect

2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Ok perfect--that makes more sense. The Beatle with the flower in the dashboard is another options as well. Look forward to pics Caitlyn ;)

3. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I originally wasn't crazy about the Misano Blue, but after seeing a Misano Blue Giulia in the wild I am warming up to it... :)

4. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

2017 4C breakdown:-

Jan - 38
    Feb - 31
    Mar - 71
    Apr - 43
    May - 36
    Jun - 23
    Jul - 22
    Aug - 21
    Sep - 24
    Oct - 45
    Nov - 27
    Dec - 26
    Total: 407

5. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    So, who owns Alfa Romeo?
    Oh, right....Fiat

6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Only two Qauds in those shots--really makes you understand how they stand out vs base models. The colors all pop and pics do not do justice to certain colors.

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The Misano Blue car looks a lot like a quad, other than the small brakes and lack of vents. From what I have seen the regular Giulia's seem to outnumber Quadrifoglio's 10 to 1 at dealers. So I would guess they have brought over around 800-1000 Quad's based on that and earlier production numbers MacGeek quoted for US cars on the old thread. Don't forget they started selling Quad's several months before the TI's.

8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
  9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    "The new Alfa Romeo Giulietta British Touring Car Championship challenger has broken cover at the Autosport International Show today.

The car will be driven by three-time race winner Rob Austin. The car will be run by HMS Racing (formerly Handy Motorsport) and will receive support from the Italian manufacturer through its UK dealer network, with individual dealerships encouraged to get behind the programme."

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport-btcc/new-alfa-romeo-giulietta-btcc-racer-unveiled

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner

Nice to see more racing from Alfa. Would love to see the 4C enter some sort of FIA international competition. The last time they were in an F1 back in the 1980's they were also in the FIA touring Group A championship with the GTV6. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

The green and white paint scheme carries on.

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #63 F1tommy, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    True, but back then the Alfa GTV6's stood out more. Now other than the 4C sportscar they look like everything else.

Mr. M needs to remember the old Alfa ad, "Driven to be different" wich includes styling.
    He has had several really good concepts wich he just ignored and went inhouse.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
  14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    "They also speak of a concept that will be shown this year (2018) at a salon. The 4c was also be given a refresh in 2019. The presentation of the production 6C model, which only differs in detail from the concept follows in 2020. The platform will be the new shortened version of the type Giorgio, that in the future will also be used on the Maserati Alfieri will provide a good more compact Alfa."

https://www.autoedizione.nl/opnieuw-bevestiging-komst-alfa-romeo-6c-2020/

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think Sergio feels Alfa is the last best chance to make any real money out of America on non-Ferrari Italian made cars. Fiat and Maserati aren't going to do it. He needs a brand that goes against the biggies of BMW and Jag

Because of that they will spend like a drunken sailor until it works or they go bust.

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    If so, then I predict it will be bust
    shame

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Unless they improve their dealer network, I tend to agree. The Guilia is a really great car. But the dealers are what bring it down.

Mrpbody44 and 95spiderman like this.
  19. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Not bust as a global company. Though it has been difficult Alfa has survived (just) as a European sales company.
    Hopefully the American break they're chasing will succeed, however I concur in the UK there is only one dealer I would use. I'm sure there are others but I know of just one I'd trust.

Alfa's biggest problem is moving past a previous unreliability shadow from 70's and 80's whereby everybody thinks they're unreliable.When they're no different than their German counterparts.

Makuono likes this.
  20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Not so sure reliability reputation matters anymore. Young people dont even remember alfa from the old days, cars are leased and under warranty entire term with loaner cars provided, range rover and jag sell just fine despite being botton of jd powers year after yr.

Its the dealerships that are preventing alfa success. They turned me away from stlvio qf and im passionate alfa fan. They have no chance closing deal on casual buyer. Shame.

21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I think we will be able to enjoy them for atleast 10 years in North America based on what they are planning or have in the pipeline. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
    If they leave the market at that point I have several mechanics I have known for years who work at Alfa dealers in the area. So no problem getting the cars fixed as long as you can still get parts from the factory. 95 Spiderman, you need to try another dealer.

22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    My sister asked me to recommend a car for her as her lease on her CLA is up. She doesnt want an SUV, did the BMW 4 series. Did the Merc. So i thought why dont you try a Giulia. She test drove one but said the interior quality was below her 4 series and way below her Merc for not much less $. And then she said the dealer was too far.

I think this sums up the predictment for Alfa since my sister is not a car enthusiast but she does like pretty and beautiful ones and might just be the typical buyer. I wouldnt mind the build quality too much because i love Alfa but i am sure i represent 1% of the buying pool.

greg328 likes this.