Alfa Romeo NEWS 2017-2020 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo NEWS 2017-2020

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by F1tommy, Oct 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Pretty exciting. I like the colors. The design is ok. I always feel so much is left on the table when they desire the F1 car livery. It's obviously talentless marketing people who come up with the layout because it has no imagination at all. The colors are nice but...

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Updated Alfa 4C coming. This will go along nicely with the updated hybrid 350hp Giulia coming next year to North American Alfa dealers. No manual gearbox in the 4C is a mistake to not have atleast as an option. The Cali was sold to less car oriented buyers. The 4C is hardcore.

" We wrote recently, a brilliant invention like the Alfa Romeo 4c might be rare and limited, but definitely a fixed value in the range. Especially in America the Thoroughbred sports car with 1750 Tbi Centre is an important addition in the showroom with Giulia and Stelvio. Therefore, a side now also confirms that Alfa Romeo is working on a thorough update, for the model that saw the daylight about 6 years ago and when a first announcement of a return of the Milanese mark at the top.
    Freelance car journalist Dan Prosser lets in a Twitterbericht know a good conversation with engineer Roberto Fedeli of Alfa Romeo and Maserati. This mentioned the update of the 4c as something that will take place in the short term, which is also good news for the old Maserati factory in Modena. Earlier, an American source also showed that this project is in the pipeline. In the same conversation, Fedeli also clearly hinted that manual transmissions on sports cars are no longer seen as a serious option. During the development of the California about 10 years ago, one has already come to this insight."

https://www.autoedizione.nl/alfa-romeo-werkt-aan-update-4c/

NEP likes this.
  4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    From NEP, the Alfa Romeo 2017 production update:

2017 USA Alfa Romeo Giulia Sales:-

Jan - 70
    Feb - 412
    Mar - 484
    Apr - 634
    May - 883
    Jun - 992
    Jul - 1104
    Aug - 916
    Sep - 916
    Oct - 726
    Nov - 756
    Total - 7893

2017 USA Alfa Romeo Stelvio sales:-

Jun - 2
    Jul - 99
    Aug - 203
    Sep - 329
    Oct - 434
    Nov - 657
    Total - 1724

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP likes this.
  5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Dai Baracca, johnei and NEP like this.
  6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Good that there is a new 4C coming. Will help the current one drop in price and i can pick another toy!

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The Alfa dream lives on......

https://www.autoedizione.nl/alfa-romeos-gamma-groeit-vanaf-2020-maar-zonder-giulietta-vanaf-2022/

"The MiTo will leave us next year after 10 years of loyal service and the 4c will get an update before retiring at the end of next year. We find that last quite remarkable, but given the low production numbers, FCA has decided to build a stock in the period August-December 2018. In 2020, we see only a major newcomer in the mass segment, in the form of the C-segment SUV, which will almost certainly come from Pomigliano d'arco. In the same year, a new sports car with the inspiring initials 6C and an E-segment SUV (from Mirafiori) will also be debuting. In 2021, it is finally the larger brother of the Giulia in turn, or the long-awaited successor to the Alfa 166. The Giulia gets a thorough update in 2022, which is even referred to as a new model."

NEP likes this.
  8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2017 January - November total Alfa Romeo sales (All Models) for the EU+EFTA (+33.3% over 2016)

Jan - 6009
    Feb - 6285
    Mar - 9204
    Apr - 7376
    May - 8174
    Jun - 9139
    Jul - 7045
    Aug - 4686
    Sep - 8064
    Oct - 6483
    Nov - 7528
    Total - 79 993

IPO1 likes this.
  9. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

my thinking too Andrew. just looked at one yesterday. would look fun next to my qv.

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I like the Blue on these two. They just opened a new FIAT Alfa Romeo dealer on old Motors Row in downtown Chicago last year. The dealers is right next to the original 1911 FIAT distributor dealer, the oldest standing original FIAT showroom left in the USA. I have an old photo of it with a 2 story tall old style lettering FIAT sign on the side and French glass style windows. The building has not been kept up that well and needs to be restored, but it is landmarked.

Taken today.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP likes this.
  11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    More interesting good news on the Alfa Sportscar. It has to be a 6C Jaguar F-type style car Macgeek spoke about. The 4C update in 2019 is already set so an additional new sportscar is coming.

Merry Christmas

https://www.autoedizione.nl/alfa-romeo-werkt-naar-uitgebreid-gamma-toe-met-dna-in-de-f1/

"Technical director of Alfa Romeo Roberto Fedeli shows in an interview some things that actually connect to the recently leaked info. For example, the arrival of a new sports car for Alfa Romeo, which, thanks to the experience that the Milanese brand will do in F1 over the next few years, will extract its DNA from that branch of sport. Fedeli says no statements to be able to do whether it is about the 4c or something else. In the meantime, as a reader, you can read the term ' 6C ' somewhere.

The link with the F1 is, according to Fedeli, so important that the whole technical team will base new developments on it as well. Alfa Romeo presence in F1 along with Sauber will therefore be anything but a matter of a logo and some of Ferrari borrowed blocks. That emphasizes the man who worked for 26 years at Maranello and as no other knows how to translate experiences from the car sport to an excellent product for on the road. Of course it is too early to speak of Alfa Romeo technique in F1 cars, but that is certainly the goal of Fedeli and his team.

Fedeli says that Alfa Romeo will distinguish itself from the competition in terms of technological developments. Especially as regards the way of development. Where German competitors put their line in a more static way for the next ten years, Alfa Romeo will be able to make better use of unique development methods in the market. In addition, it also shows much less in the cards as far as the strategy is concerned. The time to get new models on the market will be considerably shorter than the competitor.

According to the head of the Alfa Romeo Technological Center, it is important to realize smaller models under Giulia and Stelvio and larger in the E segment. The Giulietta continues to exist and the Giorgio platform is applicable in many ways. A future Giulietta with rear wheel drive belongs according to Fedeli simply to the possibilities. All these models have certain unique aspects in common, in which they distinguish themselves from products that are created in competition.

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    More on the hybrid models and larger SUV:

https://www.autoedizione.nl/alfa-romeos-volgende-project-is-een-grote-hybride-suv/

There will be some more details via the British Auto Express about the already reported interview with Alfa Romeo's technical director Roberto Fedeli. Fedeli speaks in that interview about the strategy to be followed by Alfa Romeo during the development of new models, which will roll up the market from 2020 onwards. Among other things, Fedeli explains a few things about the fast and advanced way of developing. He also reports that mild / half hybrid models will debut in the range. Cars without plug, but with 48 Volts battery system that can support the motor while driving.

And the first one would already be in development and in the form of Alfa's first big SUV. The basis is the 2.0 four-cylinder, which in combination with electric motors can provide extra power between 350 and 400 hp. The large SUV weighs about 200 kg more than the Stelvio and will of course stand for optimum driving performance. Alfa Romeo is the international 'benchmark' for the latter, whether the competition and critics want it or not.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I have zero interest in future alfa news! Im am literally the prototype customer for stelvio qf. Like car was created personally for me. But nope, I won't be getting one. Unfortunately hassles of getting one skewed the risk reward ratio in wrong direction. No idea on delivery, price, availability, etc. Not interested in wait list for a daily driver. Im getting an audi s5 sporback instead. Shame

14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #39 IPO1, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Yep shame you'll be buying a dime a dozen car.

Instead you could have the fastest SUV around the Ring http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motoring-issues/2017/alfa-romeo-stelvio-sets-suv-nurburgring-lap-record/

Or as they say 'baby' Ferrari SUV https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/alfa-romeo/29-v6-qv-5dr-auto/first-drive

Well enjoy the VW.

15. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    IPO1 likes this.
  16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Tell alfa, not me. Btw, I have yet to see a s5sb on road and its been available since summer. I didn't know it existed until last month. So basically same rarity as stelvio which I still havent seen on road. Alfa lost me, not other way around

17. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Sometimes things are worth waiting for--it's part of the fun...but you rather buy a VW. That's ok.

At least you will have something to trade when you realize you made a mistake ;)

18. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    So your buying an Audi car because the Alfa SUV Quad "car was created personally for me" was not available? Somethings are worth the wait, and with the Alfa you won't see yourself coming and going.

If your smart you will buy a Giulia Quad until the Stelvio Quad is available and leave the Audi on the dealer parking lot with all the other VW's!! I'm surprised they don't make the S5 in Mexico yet :)

IPO1 likes this.
  19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    haha but audi is just a daily driver so im not willing to put up with all the hoops the stelvio qf requires of me. if i was replacing the lotus, i would definitely jump through whatever it takes to get car i want. just not for a dd. bottom line for alfa, if they turned someone like me off, theyre in trouble

20. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    What 'hoops'? Just have to wait like everyone. Well enjoy the Mexican made VW and let us know how it works for you.

The soccer mom who waited patiently will pass you buy in her S Quad waiving :D

21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    From NEP and IPO1, the final USA 2017 numbers. With 12,031 cars sold in 2017 and over 2000 sold in December alone due to strong incentive programs . Those are both all time records for Alfa Romeo. Interested to know how many or those Giulia's were V6 Quadrifoglio's.

Total of 407 Alfa Romeo 4C's sold in 2017 .

2017 USA Alfa Romeo Giulia Sales:-

Jan - 70
    Feb - 412
    Mar - 484
    Apr - 634
    May - 883
    Jun - 992
    Jul - 1104
    Aug - 916
    Sep - 916
    Oct - 726
    Nov - 756
    Dec - 1011
    Total - 8904

2017 USA Alfa Romeo Stelvio sales:-

Jun - 2
    Jul - 99
    Aug - 203
    Sep - 329
    Oct - 434
    Nov - 657
    Dec - 997
    Total - 2721

NEP and IPO1 like this.
  22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #47 F1tommy, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    2 weeks ago during the December sales period this photo was taken at one of the largest US Alfa Maserati FIAT dealers. Alfa's were scattered all over the dealership and in the back lot. This is the front lot.

By the way, the Alfa 4C production has to be around 7000 or just over 7000 at this point.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    My brother has one of those Audis. I've driven it. I'd consider it at the same level at CR-V with more horsepower, it truly is a glorified VW.

24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    haha, you give s5 way too much credit.
    im buying because it reminds me exactly of how my brother in laws 70 vw bug from back in the day used to drive!
    i think a vw is a glorified s5
    :rolleyes:

25. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I know you're too important to wait in line like everyone for Stevlio Quad, so why not buy Giulia Quad? Is's 100x better (and cooler) than a VW (S5=Chick car).