Alfa Romeo Drivers Most Likely to Have a Speeding Ticket: Report | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Drivers Most Likely to Have a Speeding Ticket: Report

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by NYC Fred, Jun 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    ryalex and Mang like this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

I've had only one speeding ticket in maybe 20 years -- and it was in my Alfa 4c. I was on a trip from Tahoe to Yosemite and there was a forest fire that caused a huge traffic tie up. So when I had a chance to pass over 50 cars in one go, I hit the gas. Just my luck a cop car was coming the opposite direction and nailed me at 95. I was thankful it was not 105! I think he caught me just as as was slowing down to cut back in.

Yes, Alfa owners do speed more than ordinary people. I admit it! :)

3. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    40 years ago, my Alfetta GT was known to bury the speedometer on occasion. Older and wiser now.

TheMayor likes this.
  4. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    How to avoid tickets:

1. Be the son of a retired cop with the same name.
    2. Carry official "PBA Retired" card.
    3. Hand over w license + reggy.
    4. Say "thankyou for your courtesy" and drive off.

Worked great til my wallet was pickpocketed in Florence.

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Dont have a red car.
    Yes if you drive a Gulia the car that does it al as opnly a modern can, bit unlike a BMW is not isolated and bland, you're going to DRIVE.
    Seriously listen ing to so many who wet ther pants with a quick blast up to 120, or whgose car expression ois cars and coffe. Once there were drivers, and and alfa despite it serious flaws was the way to go. Todays Alfa still has that essence but in athgroughly modern package thats relaible, works in traffic, great ac etc, but will still touch and read the road. Of course there are going to be tickets. You wouldnt go fishing unless you liked to fish, and you wouldnt buy an alfa unless some part od you you liked to drive.

NYC Fred and Dai Baracca like this.
  6. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
  7. Ademir 70

Ademir 70 Rookie

Dec 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ademir Fedumenti
  8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I've always heard that BMW 3 series drivers were the rudest, had the most accidents, and got the most tickets. Especially those metallic blue ones. Not counting getting caught by a red-light camera, my only speeding ticket (where I got caught) in any of my Alfas was on the way to Willow Springs Raceway. I no longer remember the speed or which Alfa I was in but the speed was enough that I had to see a judge. He asked what color my Alfa was...I said red. He pronounced me guilty and gave me a modest fine, as he mentioned that his Alfa was yellow. Yes, I'm driving above the limit most of the time, but always where the Giulia and I are comfortable.

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    it be like that.