Alarm antenna not receiving signal? | FerrariChat

Alarm antenna not receiving signal?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SRGN, Oct 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SRGN

SRGN Rookie

Apr 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Steve Lising
    Hi my California T 2015 had an issue with weak reception for the alarm/immobiliser when I bought it second hand. I had to be within 2 meters to arm and disarm with the fob. Ferrari service rectified it and said the antenna had dropped down and was dangling somewhere behind the dash board. Was working fine again.
    I’ve recently had dash cams installed (front and rear facing on the windscreen and also external near number plate) and since then the problem is back. Don’t really want to get the camera installer to muck about with the car any more - he doesn’t know how his work could have affected the alarm. The cables for the front dash cams and the dash cam system’s GPS antenna run up the right side A pillar. I am 4 hours drive away from the Ferrari dealership so would rather sort it out myself. Does anyone know where the alarm antenna connects and where it runs?
    Any suggestions?

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Fresh batteries in the fob? My Cali was similar, had to be within a meter or two. In one case, it was rectified by a new battery. In the other, had to get a new fob...T