Aftermarket GTC4Lusso exhaust? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Aftermarket GTC4Lusso exhaust?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Challenge64, Jun 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I got all of that.
    Problem is: too fast with windows down to enjoy thoroughly for a long time as u end up doing very crazy speed fast.
    Too quiet windows up.
    Now bystanders love it because the car is loud!
    In the end I prefer my Testarossa and 355 more enjoyable sound wise;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SECRET likes this.
  2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Please delete

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not quite.

1. Headers
    2. Cats
    3 H pipe w. resonators
    4. Rear section w. mufflers and diverters
    5. Tailpipes.

When you do a full catback exhaust, you do 3 and 4. You can opt to change 2 for sport cats or decat pipes. Lastly if you feel the need, you can obviously change the cars cosmetics with 5. I don't know many who do, most do 3 and 4 or 2, 3 and 4.

Be aware that even with both 3 and 4, the inside will not change that much. The Lusso has quite the double glazing to keep the interior quiet. If you decat, it will get loud inside - and outside will be absolutely intolerable for regular use. A decatted Lusso warming up with the flaps open will make you very unpopular with your surroundings, and your car will stink of old exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and SECRET like this.
  4. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Thank you! This is an excellent synopsis of options!

I don't think I will touch the cats for the reasons above. It's interesting to know that changing both 3 and 4 is unlikely to really change how the car sounds inside. Specifically, I wonder how it will change the experience for rear passengers.

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I've yet to sit in the back of a Lusso with aftermarket exhaust. Removing the resonators might create a drone in this area. But the only way of knowing is by trying. The x-pipes between the various manufactures create a different sound. Some exchange pulses more than others and this is one way the manufactures tune their sound. If you don't do cats, I personally prefer Capristo. It retains a more full bodied sound, whereas Novi gets a bit thin. When decatted or with sportscats, the Novi is probably one of the more balanced soundwise. It's as personal as car colour:)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Any videos you've seen of the Capristo on a V12?

7. Natkingcolebasket69

My problem with the Capristo is that it sounds like a v-8 on the ff. to me 12 cylinders should be higher pitched. They have great products though.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

One of many Online.

9. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    One of the first things I did was go with a full Kline exhaust, cats and back. Along with the Capristo it’s a great sound. Inside and out. The car now sounds like a V12 should.

My biggest gripe was there was nothing enough sound from the car. Problem solved.

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Can't find any videos of the Lusso. It sounds quite different than the FF though. This F12 video is not far off.

The Lusso and F12 share the same type of exhaust manifold and intake, and it has a compression more like the F12. In other words, a Lusso and F12 sound very alike.

11. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Nice! Was this on a Lusso or FF?

12. Natkingcolebasket69

I got full kline too;)

13. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s my full Kline

14. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Honestly ..I found all the after market options just too loud. So I pinned the exhaust open and its perfect!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  15. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    LOL I love the "stopppp.... stoppppp!" at the end

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes my wife wasn’t a fan. It’s loud outside but inside perfect now. I find the rumble of her 2020 G Wagon more annoying!

SECRET likes this.
  17. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My Kline cold start, valves closed, then open. Not the bast video but you get the idea....the initial sound is so loud it cuts the mic out for a split second.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations on getting the Lusso home!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

SECRET likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep Mic don’t like powerful noise lol

20. wilcal72

wilcal72 Rookie

Jan 9, 2021
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil cal
    after spending time reading past posts, still have the question of my GTC4 lusso of why sounds nice but not what i thought it should sound with a V12, I already had the NOVITEC Switchtronic, which I'm kind of disappointed in it's sound, not how i was hoping it would sound, my question would be if i have X-pipes put on the car, will this make a BIG sound difference on the car with the Switchtronic? not looking to spend more money than just the X-pipes if i think will make difference, and can any shop do this job? don't think this job necessary can only be done at my Ferrari dealership, looks like not too much of a difficult job to do, I appreciate any input .

21. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    XPipe won’t make the difference you’re looking for IMO but worth a shot as it’s not a wallet buster. I did 200 cell cats back and my local body shop did it. Easy job.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Those cars are too insulated... the cabin is meant to
    Be refined... even with my complete system I’m disappointed with the sound inside compared to my 355 or Testarossa or my friend’s 458... but yeah the cats will be the best thing u can do3/4hour labor

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    novitec on FF is thrilling even with the windows up

24. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    #149 SECRET, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    I've had the following setup on my Lusso for about two months now, and it's absolutely PERFECT.

· Capristo Exhaust Valve Controller
    · Brooke Race Exhaust Inconel X-Pipe
    · Brooke Race Exhaust Inconel Rear Section with Flap Regulation
    I also wondered about just doing the X-Pipe alone. I didn't have the time on my hands to just try that, but one thing to note, is that the rear section ends up needing to be unbolted anyway to get the OEM H-Pipe out. To do that, the entire rear underpanel is removed which is something like 10,000 bolts/clips. Since you're in there, you might as well swap the rear section. Note, you do not need to remove the rear bumper to swap the rear section, so don't let any shops over charge you for that. The rear bumper is a involved to remove.

With windows up, the combo above is just right amount of sound without being annoying. You can pretty much cut any type of drone by closing the flaps. My rear passengers can still enjoy a quiet conversation at freeway cruising speeds with the flaps closed (i.e. silencers functional).

When I am by myself, flaps stay open and windows are usually cracked a tiny bit.

I can't imagine what an 812 GTS sounds like with the rear window open with an x-pipe and rear section.

25. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015
    Certainly the biggest change will be from the cat sections on these cars. That said, the full system by Novitec takes these cars to the absolute next level :)