Aftermarket GTC4Lusso exhaust? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Aftermarket GTC4Lusso exhaust?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Challenge64, Jun 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if the V8T gets materially better gas mileage i wld sacrifice the sound for the convenience of not having to gas up as much

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My CaliTHS was better then the Lusso but what is better really depends on how drive them, Ferrari states its better :p You will need to drive it to figure out what sound your giving up because I am assuming your Novitec FF sound is at another level plus everytime I have an opinion I am complaining :p

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would not make that trade, its not so much volume of sound as the richness of sound. The V8T is very impressive, but its simply not the V12. I'd rather fill it up more often.

F12KID likes this.
  4. AMN

AMN Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2018
    NYC, Minneapolis, Bozeman
    Full Name:
    A M N
    Did any of you, gentlemen, end up getting the Kline system? I'd love to fly in, listen to it and buy you dinner.

5. Carlos@TAG

Carlos@TAG Karting

Apr 12, 2017
    Our Lusso arrives tomorrow and the Novitec kit for it arrives at the end of the month. You are more than welcome to come check ours out;)

6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I am working on it....just need to get to my shop to see if it’s something they’re comfortable doing....l

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Hi Guys,
    I am in need of a 4 seater, the V12 Lusso is currently the front runner and I found a car at 50% off list with my perfect spec (Nero, cream interior, roof, passenger display, lift, JBL, etc).

Any update on what’s the best bang for buck with the exhaust? I don’t want it to be mental all the time, but I certainly do when really pushing her or in sport mode.

Thanks

8. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015

We are always a fan of the Novitec system :) The available remote makes everything perfectly livable for daily driving, and you can open her up at them push of a button when you are ready for things to get aggressive!

9. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have the Kline on my car....highly recommend....capristo remote was on the car already and plug and play....about $10K or so installed....cats all the way back.....car sounds absolutely amazing....

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Is it with OE cats or test pipes? Could you do a vid?

BrntRubber likes this.
  11. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    200 cell Kline cats. Will get a driving video at some point. I have some YouTube cold start before and after videos. Opening and closing of valves. Not the best vids as not sure why the mic cuts out. Car all out sounds amazing.

Stock

Kline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    The sound from 17 seconds is crazy loud. Did you remotely open the valves?

Must be so fun hearing that soundtrack when going full throttle.

For me, that might actually be too loud.

It seems Capristo, Kline and Novitec are the three main options. Anyone know the major differences each option?

13. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Does anyone have a video of a car with XPipe and valves disconnected? This is definitely the best bang for buck.

Can this be expanded on please? How are they different?
    Capristo seems to be the most competitively priced from my initial digging.

So is the primary purpose of the XPipe to elongate drone?

Any video of the XPipe with the Novitec switchtronic?

Video of valved exhaust with XPipe? Does this option also need the controller?

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If sport cats are too loud, I'd go with Capristo back box and X Pipe. As far as quality goes, Capristo, Novitec and Tubi are the top dogs when it comes to quality. I think Capristo gets you the most for the cash. The X is not something that has anything to do with the controller. It's just a traditional X pipe that replaces the mid section resonators. If you don't do the cats, I think Capristo will sound the best. Novi sounds nice as a full system, but I do think the price is too high for what you get. Capristo is as good, if not better, and significantly cheaper. At any rate, get the controller when you modify for loudness. You many not always want it. I suggested the Tubi controller as it has to really cool settings.

The following will definitely increase the volume and give you a cool setup which has a few neat tricks, but not like a decat or sports cat system. So a good way for a system which does not sound stock, but doesn't blow your ears out.

https://www.tubistyle.it/tubi-style-valvetronic-exhaust-control-unit-with-by-pass-valves-drive-your-sound/?lang=en
    https://capristoexhaust.com/product/ferrari-ff-x-pipes/
    https://capristoexhaust.com/product/ferrari-gtc4-lusso-v12-valved-sport-mufflers-no-remote/

BrntRubber likes this.
  15. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

With the sports cats and with the valves closed how much louder is it than stock? I am trying to understand if it is still wake up the neighbours loud with sports cats.

I also noticed none of the manufacturers mention any weight savings, which seems strange.

Thanks

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  16. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Anyone with the Kline full system experience any drone?

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    To get the weight savings out of the way. It is mentioned occasionally, but forget all about it. They are stainless systems like what you already have, so a few kg. Trust me, in a car weighing close to 2 tonnes, 6-8 kg is not worth mentioning. Novi mentions it on their inconel systems for the mid engined cars etc. but again, a total waste on a Lusso. So that's the reason - it's not important.

As far as loudness goes. It's a bit complicated. When the car idles and is warm, and the valves are closed, even with sport cats, it's not bad at all. BUT...
    When you start the car in the morning and it runs for 40-60 seconds doing the whole cold start thing, even with valves closed, it's pretty darn loud. I don't have any measurements, but I'd guess around 7-8 db increase on a cold start. It's a significant increase in acoustical energy, and the sound will travel further and resonate more. When starting up the car normally, you get about two seconds where the valves are open, so on warm startups, you get quite the little burp when it lights up.

Some may think differently, but that's how I see it.

BrntRubber likes this.
  18. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Thank you for the videos!

Have you noticed any drone? Perhaps on the highway cruising?

Have you experienced any issues with the exhaust? Warning lights etc?

Thanks for the help

19. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #69 gilly6993, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    No drone. The sound valves open at 3-4K is a little annoying. Valves closed is fine. On the highway cruising car sounds stock.

For those that think the car is too loud. For some it might be, but only on a cold start and valves open, ear splitting. If you stand behind the car and it’s started and the valves open it will hurt your ears. Otherwise it’s not bad. It is louder than stock but that’s the point, right?

I did have CEL issues but spacers fixed it. I believe my car was the first Lusso in the US and because of the issues they now include spacers with the system.

20. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Please forgive my lack of knowledge.

So are you saying that even with the controller the valves still transition at 3k to 4K? I thought the controller allowed for “always open” or “always closed”?

I can imagine that transition must get very annoying. It happens on the Porsche GT cars and is very noticeable. I was hoping a controller would sort that on the Lusso.

21. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So this is my understanding. And remember it’s a Capristo controller on a Kline exhaust.

So with the controller “closed”. The valves open at about 4K RPMs. Under that they close and I usually have them “off” when I’m on the highway as it’s a little droney, if that’s even a word.

If the controller is “on” or “open” they’re always open until you shut the car down. Then they default to closed and you have to click the controller each time you start the car if you want them to be always open.

For the most part the first thing I do after I start the car is open the valves. I’m “that”neighbor!

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yes thé controller allows for always open. Regardless of the rpm.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    With the Capristo controller in the closed position, the valves are operating in stock mode. It's not a mode that closes them all the time. I suppose this is also why Capristo refers to the modes a "Cruise" and "Sport".

The only controller that offers a fully closed mode, is the valve controller from Forza. It has three modes. Fully open, stock auto mode and fully closed at all times. However, a buddy of mine tried fitting his Forza controller to a Lusso and it did not function properly.

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    When the valves open, relies on more than just rpm. It's based on throttle position, gear, settings etc.

Did you know you can program the Capristo controller so that the valves are open as default, i.e when you start up the car afte a shut down, the car starts with them in the open position. If you start the car and put it in open, and then push the two small buttons simultaneously. Now the standard mode is open.

Jas and BrntRubber like this.
  25. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    That is very helpful! Thank you

Il Co-Pilota likes this.