Advice on F12 | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Advice on F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MDEL, Jan 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Christian. Sometime in the future I'll have another go with the track dry.

2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry great to know that you've already been in Italy for that Ferrari event I can't remember now the name so please excuse me for that. Please tell us a bit about it and also about the experience driving your F12 on the Italian roads.

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #303 MDEL, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    From where I live driving south for about one hour we reach a region named Alentejo that is roughly the size of Belgium. This region is very, very low populated and the landscape is primarily one of soft rolling hills and plains sometimes with castles and little villages and small towns all painted in white. There are established olive trees and grapevines and millions of native cork oaks that account for more than 50% of the species worldwide. The material for some of the best champagne and wine corks is grown here.
    Drove there for the weekend last Friday and encountered temperatures above 40ºC and soon realized that’s no problem at all for the F12 because it has a powerful air conditioning which copes very well with the extreme heat. Driving the F12 on these countryside roads without traffic is a real pleasure and I did it for more than 250 Km. Below I post a picture I took where my F12 is surrounded by cork oaks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Grigio Ferro looks particularly glorious on a sunny day, Mario, of which I am guessing Alentejo has many. It just so happens that the last wine that my wife & I enjoyed was from this region. We usually don't drink reds when it's summer in Texas, typically drinking the more famous - to us anyway - Vinho Verde from northern Portugal. No cork, though, screw top! The Pe Tinto was light and fruity, perfect chilled when it's 40 C out.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Warmest regards from Texas.

T

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom, Alentejo climate like many places in Texas is very dry and has very high temperatures in summer. Esporão vineyard is a very well known one and produces high quality sophisticated reds and whites. De Pe tinto I haven't tried it yet but after you've mentioned it I will. This time of the year we drink mainly chilled whites and sometimes verdes and that's what I did with my wife during the all weekend LOL.

Warmest regards as well from this small rectangle planted next to the Atlantic ocean.

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ I've never had a Portuguese white wine, excepting vinho verde, which I think of as "green." Sounds like a great topic to research!
    T

7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #307 MDEL, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

Your F12 is so beautiful! Menacing and yet full of class. Love it!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Ricardo…………….

10. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I took this opportunity to google Alentejo region. Yup, a rectangle next to the ocean. Yes, the pics sure look similar to back country roads in Texas. I wonder if it has as many bugs as Texas.

11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Alentejo in terms of bugs is not too bad, much worst is a coastal areas with very large rice fields where there are mosquitos everywhere. If you look in the pictures the windscreen wasn't washed for two days and after driving for more than 250 Km looks relatively tidy.

12. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Tom,

I think it's time to come to Portugal then! Don't know about before, but you now have friends here.

Dear Mário,

Learning your thoughts and impressions of yet another fantastic drive in your F12 across our beautiful country is indeed very inspiring. It has made my day.

Bugs are an indispensable part of Nature. Be that as it may, they are my sworn enemies! Some end up in parts of the car that are very difficult to reach, and some require a lot of effort to come off our beloved paint! I still struggle to remove bugs from the car with ease, as I'm yet to find a powerful product that never fails me, but at the same time isn't overly aggressive with the paint. I think the best course of action will be hand my car over to a detailer.

In any given context, be it urban or rural, day or night, under direct sunlight or in the shade, dry or wet, Mário's F12 always blends in with its surroundings with ease, class and elegance. The perfect extension of its owner.

I imagine you are now enjoying a much deserved rest with your family, and I too (hopefully!) will spend some quality time with my family. I wish you, your dear family and your incredible F12 all the best, and hope to be in your distinguished company soon, as I miss you my friend.

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Nuno and I sincerely hope your newest Ferrari is already rolling and giving you great moments of driving pleasure. I'm not in holidays yet and that's why I've been escaping in my F12 during the weekend and, very recently, to the warm Alentejo lands.

Nice to ear fro you and best regards

Mario

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    It's on my wish list! I dutifully show all of Mario's lovely ocean view pictures to my wife. She loves vacations that involve the water, as we are otherwise land locked here in Dallas, roughly 600 km or so from the nearest ocean beach.
    Best Regards,
    T

15. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I bet! For me, it's another 550 km added to that from the nearest ocean. And the nearest seaside beach isn't a very good one from what I have heard.

16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    YES YES YES! Mario, this is just what the F12 was built for! I bet you had a smile from ear to ear as you drove your beauty through this fantastic region. Well done! I am so happy for you! Every time I drive the F12, I feel like someone reached inside my brain and was able to distill the perfect car for me. What a machine, and you need the more open places to really enjoy the magnificent engine and chassis.

Nuno, I have found success with this product: Klasse All In One. As an all-in-one cleaner, polisher, wax etc, it does have a little bit of an abrasive element- but it is not extreme at all. You would have to work hard to scratch your clear coat with this product. It has done the job with removing bugs for me.

Klasse USA - Car Sealants

I also like Autoglym bug and tar remover- at least I think that is what it is called. I just checked their website and I see they now have what appear to be new products. I am sure there are others but it has worked for me for many years and without any adverse affects.

https://www.autoglym.com/active-insect-remover

https://www.autoglym.com/intensive-tar-remover

17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Jerry the F12 is in fact a lovely machine to drive on these countryside roads and on hot conditions like we have in that region the tires stick to the tarmac as if they have glue.

I like to try new products and the Autoglym one you recommend for bugs removal I'll see if I can get it.

18. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Thank you, Jerry. You're a legend. I'll most certainly try it out. In all likelihood I'll have to order it from an e-shop, few companies in Portugal have these products in stock.

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

19. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

I buy all the products that I am unable to source in CH from these gents in U.K. So far they have been fantastic with their service and availability of products.

cleanyourcar.co.uk

20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Very sunny today so took these pictures in the morning with the sun on my back. The rocky cape (Cabo da Roca) behind the F12 showing on the first picture is Europe's most western point and if you sail from there thought the Atlantic Ocean, heading exactly west (270º), after 5.400 Km you reach New York.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Beautiful pics. Scenery is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Absolutely gorgeous! And we would be glad to welcome you here in the new world Mario! Just remember, as impressive as the F12 is, it cannot traverse the ocean! :)

23. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you...

24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Jerry. If there was a road connecting the old and the new world that distance wouldn't be a problem at all for the F12. We had always the alternative of meeting the two F12's halfway.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  25. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    Quick tip, if you have Loureiro strains at home, save them as long as you can (Watch out if the cork is good, if not, save them up), you will have the most delicious wine you can imagine.