Advice on Ducatis. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Advice on Ducatis.

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by RussianM3_dude, May 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    also do you have long arms/torso???

i have ape like arms, really long legs, no torso, so my sternum rubs on the tank something fierce.

sherpa, it sounds like you are at a dealership??? how would i go about getting my paws on the ducati by bianchi they made for foggy??? would look great next to my ferrari by colnago.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Uh, I own a dealership. Foggy's been retired for several years and Bianchi made a bike for Ducati Corse last year so think that's what you're asking about. Or do you mean the Litespeed they made for Bayliss after his WC? I will see what I can do. As long as it's looks that you're after, those bikes would work out well. Like the Colnago, that's about all they were made for.

If you want the best bicycle ever made call Bob Parlee and tell him that I sent you. www.parleecycles.com.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Ahhh, I see

I saw the Bianchi at interbike a few years ago, there were Foggy pix all over the place. The Colnago rides really well, it was a standard frame with a logo, but also had some great extras unique to it. I usually have my Kestrels made custom for me, although I looked into Parlee in the past, not a thrilling ride for me and my style. I like this frame builder: www.bohemianbicycles.com when I want something unique. Try being 5'11" and 185 (all legs) then see what these builders come up with. The guys I ride with call me Hemi or Big Block.

Anyway, the Ducati, maintenance aside, is a wonderful ride, very agile, stylish, and there is a certain pride of ownership. I don't think I'd ever buy another brand. Although the MVs look really nice. Oh actually maybe I'd get an old Vespa with sidecar, those are tough!

I love speeding through the canyons on the Duc to scout and then come down on my bicycle (usually with a disc wheel) Something liberating about two wheels and I like to do it in something race-bred.

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I hear you. I wish I had a Ducati when I lived in Corona Del Mar. I used to fly down Laguna Canyon on my bicycle, it would be even better on a Ducati. And with a Ducati, it would be fun to go up the canyon as well.

5. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    mpls, MN
    Full Name:
    aaron uban
    honestly, they sound amazing, the are very fun to drive, and are a rolling work of art...
    but you will be spending alot of time messing with it. if you arn't super good friends with a ducati mechanic, i would say stay with a honda... you get the same power for <half the price, and all you have to do is keep gas in the tank, air in the tires, and change the oil every now and then.... they are built that well.
    just wear the brain bucket and be safe. :)

/cheers

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

A well maintained Ducati is very easy to own. I have had my 998 for over a year and I have never had a leak, blown bulb, fuse, etc. or any other thing wrong with it. It starts every single time. It goes fast every single time I use it. It has never had a single problem. Maybe it's just because I cared for it since day one but the fact is, I had more problems with my old Honda CBR than any Ducati I have owned.