Advice needed re streaming services | FerrariChat

Advice needed re streaming services

Discussion in 'Australia' started by kerrari, Jun 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I live in a development where most of the apartments are holiday let and we have on site managers. There is wifi provided across the property (with password access but not 'secured') and we currently have Foxtel throughout. All of that is paid for through a complicated mix of body corporate and manager fees - but at the end of the day its all paid for by owners and everyone's happy with that. Spend is around $1350 a month for roughly 30 units.

We really need a better entertainment system and I'm thinking can we provide streaming services but rather than tying in to a single version could we have a range of 'sticks' that are provided to users so they can choose from Stan, Netflix, Amazon etc? Not all apartments have smart TVs but I think there are ways around this?

Can anyone give me some advice (or point me in the direction of a reliable source) as to:

1. What amount of data would we need? Only Christmas and a few other weeks would be 100% occupancy; rest of the time is probably around 70-75% (in 'normal' times) and the visitors tend to be families and retirees (no schoolies or party-type bookings are allowed). I think we now have a limit of about 1TB and that's rarely an issue.
    2. How to go about this...?

Thanks in advance for sensible answers!

2. martinofoz

martinofoz Rookie

Dec 1, 2012
    Aussie
    Hi Karen

A friend of runs a computer company and is happy to help.
    He looks after other apartment blocks already and has attended some FCA events with me so a car nut to boot.
    Message me please
    Cheers
    Martin