Adjusting Spider windows | FerrariChat

Adjusting Spider windows

Discussion in '360/430' started by DrivnXcitment, Feb 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrivnXcitment

DrivnXcitment Karting

Apr 29, 2006
    St. Augustine, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Friends,
    How does one go about adjusting the power windows to mate and seal with the convertible top? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 05 F430 spider and the driver's window has a huge air leak (the passenger has a small one) you can hear it pretty loud with the top up driving. If I got caught in the florida rain, I'm sure it would leak.

IF this is a shop kind of fix, does anyone know ballpark what something like that would cost? I'm hoping to negotiate with the dealer on price for this.

Thanks to all!

2. DrivnXcitment

DrivnXcitment Karting

Apr 29, 2006
    St. Augustine, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    PS I did see the sticky about window adjusting, but it doesn't cover now to roll the window up (index it) into the top seal when you close the door to check fit and seal, are the power window controls left connected?

3. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    The window on my 06 Spider didn’t have a good seal with the rear pillar/post. I adjust it by moving it back on the regulator, losen 2 screws, about 3/8” to have a good seal.
    Your case: you might have to adjust the entire window regulator up.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Hawaii Brit likes this.
  4. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    As above, there is a screw that allows adjustment of the regulator to help the door glass meet the "B" pillar.
    If you're already at max adjustment (as I am) and still have an air gap (as I do) then I've been told a new regulator is needed.

I'll find out for sure next month when she goes in for annual service etc.

Hawaii Brit likes this.
  5. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
    I’ve the same issue on my 07 F430. Where’s the regulator ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Skywhale

Skywhale Karting

Aug 17, 2022
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Carsten
    Did you ever get an answer for this? I’ve made some minor adjustments that improved it, but gave up after so many tries… Makes you wonder how there’s not a simple hack, like some really tiny rubber gasket that could be attached to the edge of the window… big enough to seal the 1 or 2mm gap, but thin enough to still slide down with the window when rolled into the door. It’s not a dealbreaker worth thousands for a new regulator. It’s just a worry should it start pouring rain… which doesn’t happen unexpectedly too often.