Actual 612 value | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Actual 612 value

Discussion in '612/599' started by Makuono, Apr 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThunderRolls

ThunderRolls Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
  2. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    thank you KY _Soldier for tracking values of 612's... would you stand by values you stated in 2008, for late model/low mileage (2009') OTO's being presented in todays market...2021' or in your opinion have they depreciated even more, or stabilized or even started to edge up in 2021'...?

3. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    #128 RonH, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    612’s have continued to decline in price. They may be at the bottom now but it’s hard to say. In today’s market a 2009 OTO is probably around $100,000 to $120,000 depending on condition and mileage. A non-OTO probably is in the $70,000-$90,000 range.

Here is a 2009 with slightly “higher” mileage that recently sold on bring a trailer for $100,000. I believe it was Greybeast’s, a member here:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2009-ferrari-612-scaglietti-2/

4. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Ron, I would say that OTO was an anomaly. I actually bid on it myself. It needed work, had higher miles, and there were some questions about the roof.

I do agree that the market has softened a LITTLE, however, I think the market has actually FRACTURED somewhat, meaning the nicest spec/mile combos continue to bring top dollar, while lesser spec/higher mile, etc vehicles are tending to depreciate more. As time goes on, more emphasis has to be paid to condition, mechanics, spec, color combo etc. I believe the 612 market will still be decent, but with wider variance.

5. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    Yes, that was my car. I really miss it and I was a little disappointed with the sale price, but you are correct..it needed a major, and optionally dash re-cover and a lower front bumper respray and maybe in a couple of years sticky fix. All in all probably around $11-$12k worth of work without the stickies. The roof was fine. There was a paint scratch on the rail above the passenger window that a commenter mistook as part of the panoramic roof. So if it had all that work already completed and had 13K miles rather than 31k miles, could it have fetched $115-$120k? That all depends on what a buyer is looking for I guess....

4rextc and KY _Soldier like this.
  6. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Greybeast, congratulations on your sale and you obviously deal with these value issues correctly. I thought your car was a beautiful 612 and the buyer got a great car and a good but probably fair deal.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    a 12k mile black 05 f1 went for $84k wholesale at one of the auctions this week

8. ThunderRolls

ThunderRolls Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    I'm saying $110k on that one

9. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I think the selling price was fair ar $95k, non OTO car with 30k miles. $110k seems strong to me. IMO

10. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
  11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    when are low mile OTOs going to hit $200?

12. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    rynoshark likes this.
  13. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    But that sale was over a year ago, non OTO, low optioned car and 32k miles so not a comparable sale.IMO Additionally, the market is much different currently.

14. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  15. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Black/black (never sold well when I was looking for my car) and higher mileage but still a nice car. So what is the rational for the huge price difference? It seems that the car went way too low but that was obviously the market when it sold and now the market is different.

4rextc likes this.
  16. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I had a black/black with a $384K sticker. Took a while to sell it even with 8k miles. Sold it for $145K one year ago.

17. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think there were two people in the auction who really wanted the other car. That said, the black/black car did have some issues (did you see the dash?), but the later one had a pretty bad sticky button issue, so not perfect either.

It will be really interesting to see if the manual 612 on BaT now exceeds the OTO's selling price.

18. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The dash and stick problems can be resolved for $10k give or take. But often times folks don’t want to mess with minor problems however my guess is that neither car checked many or enough boxes of the buyers in the market at the time. It took me 18 months but I was lucky to fine a low mile OTO car at an attractive price that checked all my boxes and I jumped on it within an hour or two when it was posted for sale, even before any pictures.
    I am still surprised that the early cars with MT are going at such premiums over the OTO cars. I get it on the two seater cars but on the 612 GT cars it’s my opinion the late F1 transmission is the better option. But then my opinion certainly does not mirror the actual market. My only real criticism of the 612 OTO cars is they have belts and not chains like the 599s. Yes, the sticky and dash problems are a pain and should have been solved by Ferrari but then that is the difference between buying a Ferrari and a Porsche, whole different attitude in the company’s philosophy.

19. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It will be really interesting to see if this high-ish mileage (41k) manual 612 tops the last OTO... I'm guessing no, and probably RNM, but we'll see...

Car has minor damage history and an unresponsive seller, neither of which are helping the auction.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-612-scaglietti-6-speed/

20. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    $197k so less than the 612 OTO, but at least a realistic reserve.