ABS pump not working | FerrariChat

ABS pump not working

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by JPinna, Nov 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JPinna

JPinna Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Pinna
    The ABS light on my 412 does not come on. This means the ABS is not working. How do I change the pump ? Any ideas ?

Thanks

Jerry

2. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    Hi Jerry, I assume this is with the ignition key in position II (engine not running) when the ABS warning light should be on.

Is this correct?

3. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    To assume that the pump is at fault just because the light doesn't come is shooting from the hip. You should properly diagnose the system to determine why the light is not coming on. Do you have a repair manual and wiring diagram for the system? Have you checked for power and ground? Have you checked the bulb for the ABS warning light? If the system is malfunctioning, then the light should be on all the time. It sounds like the system stopped working and someone pulled the warning light bulb.

4. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    Hi Jerry,
    I have sent the 412 wiring diagram in PDF format to your e-mail address via WeTransfer. This manual is organised by electrical function, so the ABS has its specific diagram. The signal for the warning light comes from the ABS electronic unit located at the rear of the car, there is also a connector between this unit and the dashboard, so it is possible as Brian suggests to test if the signal is present or not.