About MS's skills... | Page 9 | FerrariChat

About MS's skills...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by allegretto, Aug 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    CHARITY

In 2005, Schumacher donated US$10 million to charity for the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake in a charity show on the German television network ZDF. It was later announced that Schumacher's bodyguard, Burkhard Cramer, and Cramer's two sons, had died while on holiday in Phuket, Thailand. In fact, his donation surpassed that of any other sportsperson, most sports leagues, many worldwide corporations and even some countries.

Combining his hobby of football with charity, Schumacher has participated in several friendly games together with other Formula One drivers to raise money for charity.

ROAD AND SAFETY AWARENESS

Schumacher continues to be an active advocate of road safety, and an iconic supporter of the FIA's initiatives to promote road safety around the world. Along with Max Mosley, he was a keynote speaker at the launch and official signing of the European Road Safety Charter in Dublin on 6 April 2004.

He also participated in the global launch of the FIA's Think Before You Drive campaign at the 2005 Spanish Grand Prix along with then Ferrari team-mate Rubens Barrichello.

SPECIAL AMBASSADOR to UNESCO

Schumacher is a special ambassador to UNESCO and has donated US$3 million to the organization.

He has funded projects for the construction of a school in Senegal, a clinic in Sarajevo and a centre for street children in Peru.

He has even taken the rare step of visiting Sarajevo to see how his funding has benefited child victims of war. For his contribution, he was named a UNESCO Champion For Sport by its Director-General Koïchiro Matsuura in 2002.

You deserve number 8 Michael!

7 time world champion and the UNESCO Champion for Sports.

The greatest racer of all time.

2. Tiger Racing

Tiger Racing Karting

Jun 23, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    So do you.

C.

3. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Maybe you should read some posts before you drop your two cents.

4. 16valves

16valves Rookie

Sep 9, 2004
    so this thread is about MS skills...and those making judgements are who?

The only thing any of you know about MS is what you are fed by the media. None of you are his close friends and can judge him as a person. None of you are current or past F1 level drivers or team owners. You have no base of reference to judge his abilities.

As for his skills, the facts are; he is a multiple F1 champion and record holder.
    Ferrari pays him fortunes to drive their cars. They believe in his skills.

None of you (or me) are in any position to make any judgements. Your opinions about him hold no merit.

It is said that opinions are like a-holes because everybody has one.
    Another saying is that just like your ******, your opinion should be kept to yourself.

Just stick to the facts. The truth is there.

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

dude...u high or something? of course everyone here is entitled to his/her own opinion. sure, we may not know schumi personally, but there are some here known as ' fans '.

6. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    At least his post is worth two cents... your posts are as meaningless as Alonso's farce world championship :)

So Michael proved in Turkey that not only is he th greatest champion ever but he is also the greatest team player.

F1 s a team sport. Michael knows that and he is willing to push very hard in a difficult situation for the benefit of he whole team!

7. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    His post was about as worthless as all of yours are. MS and Ferrari let Massa win cause he couldn't get past Alonso. If MS were second he would have been let past. Period. I guess FA will win a second farce championship this year. Why do i even read your stupid ass posts anyway, never again.

8. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    cause you still cannot find the ignore function...

just ike you cannot fnd Charlie Whiting's quote that he changed his mind?

Michael is the greatest racer ever. He knows F1 is a team sport and he did not want to risk over taking Alonso. Alonso is unethical and would have done ANYTHING to stop Michael from passing. By staying beind Alonso, Michael made sure both the Ferrari's made it to the podium.

He would rather celebrate Massa's happiness on the podium with Massa, than be thrown of track by Alonso's teenage immaturity!

The true sign of a great champion... Michael Schumacher is a great team player!

9. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    or in other words, MS did not want Alonso to do to him what he himself has done to other drivers...

10. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    say what you want... Michael made the ultimate choice for an F1 racer in Turkey.

He chose to benefit the team rather than to benefit himself.

Michael is true champion.. the greatest team racer ever!

11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Why feed the Trolls, Impy get it?

13. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Michael does not have those words as part of his vocabulary.He is teh greatest racer ever who is willing to sacrfice his own championship to win one for the team!

14. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    Do you have anything to add to the conversation or are you going to just continually repeat yourself?

Mods, why is Imperial83 not banned? He is clearly not here to add anything of consequence to any discussion and I am not alone in finding him boorish and annoying.

15. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Sure...

An article of praise from UNESCO for the greatest racer ever:

Michael Schumacher : UNESCO Champion for Sport

The four-time world champion (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001), who has headed the Ferrari team since 1996, has put his sport to work for children in distress since 1995. Then named "UNESCO Special Envoy for Education and Sports", Schumacher donated to UNESCO the250,000 DM (127,822 Euros) he received from the magazine Bunte for exclusive photo coverage of his wedding.

Other donations from the F1 driver paid for the construction of a school in Dakar (Senegal) and improvements to the "Baraka" slum in the city, carried out under a joint project between UNESCO and ENDA Third World, a non-governmental organization. In 1997, he supported the opening of a clinic for child victims of war in Sarajevo. This clinic works especially with children who have suffered amputations, providing them with artificial limbs and psychological support. This year, he funded a "Palace for the Poor" in Lima (Peru). This centre helps street children, providing them with a roof, meals, medical treatment and pre-school education.

THE INTERVIEW

Why have you chosen to help children and young people?
    Because I don't think they have as many chances as an adult who has had some education and knows how to cope with the world. They're so young, so small; they have no experience and can't handle things all by themselves.

Have you been especially shocked by the plight of some children?
    I've always loved kids, even before I had my own. They're very special. They're so vulnerable and they've got their whole lives ahead of them. If you put them on the righttrack, everyone will benefit. But if they take the wrong road, if they don't have any opportunities, they'll have a difficult life and cause trouble for everyone around them. The problems some adults have come mostly from their childhood, because they haven't been brought up properly and don't have much self-confidence later.

Does sport help?
    I think you can do many things through sport. Kids love to play - football, anything. Sport lets them have a good time and also gives them an aim, a chance to respond to challenges, to win, to achieve something.

When did you first have the idea of helping children?
    It was long before I took up Formula One racing. When I was driving in Formula Three, I was in a couple of races, in Macau (Hong Kong) and Fuji (Japan). The winner of both would scoop UK £20,000 (32,560 Euros). I got lucky. Nobody could believe it. It was then I realised I could help people. I'd never had money before. From the time I started earning more money than I ever dreamt of, I felt the need to help children. You either feel that or you don't at such times.

How did you come into contact with UNESCO and why did you decide to work with the Organization?
    I'd been looking for a way to help people since 1990. The contact came through Mrs Ute-Henriette Ohoven, UNESCO's Goodwill Ambassador for the Education of "Children in Need." The idea was to take part in a UNESCO project, to work together. I was delighted, and especially by the general idea of UNESCO - of creating conditions to give people a future and help them to be self-sufficient.

You donated 1.5 million Euros for projects in Senegal, Sarajevo and Peru. Why these countries?
    UNESCO presented me with these situations that it knew well. The projects looked good.

Have you donatedmoney to other institutions that help children?
    I give a bit here and there for small projects, but the main ones are those that have developed with UNESCO. I think it's good to be consistent.

Does consistency inspire confidence?
    Yes, of course. First of all I feel it in myself and then in others who commit themselves to projects because I'm involved in them. I can't pay for everything. I sign up for various efforts for a while and this attracts other donors to help out. People are encouraged to give when they know it goes to UNESCO projects. They're confident the money will be used well.

Have you visited the projects you've funded - the school in Senegal, the clinic in Sarajevo and the centre for street children in Peru?
    I've been to Sarajevo, but not yet to Senegal and Peru, where the project has only just started. I have a hectic life, so it's not always easy to fit everything in.

Do you have a favourite kind of project?
    I really want to help the ones people don't know about. Nowadays, certain projects attract lots of donors. Then there are others you never hear about. Those are the ones I'm interested in.

The greatest F1 champion ever... Michael Schumacher!

16. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    Yes, we get it.

You love Michale Schumacher and want to have his children.

Will you please shut up now?

17. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    hAHAHAHAH!!!! lmao!!!!

18. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think Impy's a plant.

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Hmmm... That sounds familiar. A Formula 1 Champ involved in childrens' charities. Where have I seen that before...anyone? A little help?

20. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Senna Foundation. If I was home I could show you the emblem on a shirt.

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No, just an experiment in AI gone wrong. His repertoire of sentencens and opinions fits onto one page. Randomly one is picked and thrown into a conversation.

22. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I didn't define plant, like living plant or spy plant. I left it open to interpertation. But you mean like Hal 9000. Oh my!

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Will I dream Dave?

24. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Oh my! I just spilled my beer!

25. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Michael Schumacher is considered amongst the greatest sportsmen and women ever... some of the other names in his cateory as per UNESCO are...

Pelé, Edson Arantes Do Nascimento
    Bubka, Serhiy
    Douillet, David
    Fetisov, Vyacheslav

FROM UNESCO ABOUT THE GREATEST RACING CHAMPION EVER:

Michael Schumacher

German Formula 1 Champion Michael Schumacher was designated as UNESCO Champion for Sport in April 2002 "in recognition of his role in the promotion of sport, his contribution to UNESCO's educational action in favour of young people all over the world, and his dedication to the Organization's ideals".

Michael Schumacher was born on 3 January 1969 in Hürth-Hermühlheim, near Cologne and drove his fist kart at the age of five. In 1984, a year after he received his German kart license, he promptly became German Junior Champion, which marked the beginning of his steep career. At the end of 1988, the talented pilot was introduced to the world of Formula races. After his Formula 1 debut at the Belgian Grand Prix of Spa-Francorchamps in 1991, there was no stopping him anymore.
    Today Michael Schumacher is the only F1 pilot to hold 7 World Championship titles.

From the moment that Michael Schumacher’s career got seriously launched, he felt the need to help children. He came into contact with UNESCO through Mrs. Ute-Henriette Ohoven, who is UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for the Education of Children in Need. The German pilot was especially delighted by the general idea of UNESCO and in consequence made a generous contribution for projects in Senegal, Sarajevo and Peru.
    In 1996 a school was built in Dakar and important improvements were made in the slums of “Baraka”, all thanks to the donations of Michael Schumacher. In Sarajevo a hospital was built to help children in this war torn area. Michael Schumacher even went to the city to assess the psychological and physical problems that children daily have to face. In Peru the donation of the Formula 1 pilot was used to build a house for the poor in Lima, which provides among other things food and medical care for the deprived.

Up to the present Michael Schumacher continues to lend his support to UNESCO sponsored projects and activities. Michael Schumacher has chosen to help children and young people in order to give them as many opportunities as possible to safeguard their future. The famous Formula One pilot considers sports as very important, since participation in sports gives children “an aim, a chance to respond to challenges, to win, to achieve something.”