A Sarasota Florida museum of cars | FerrariChat

A Sarasota Florida museum of cars

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bart, Apr 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    As I was driving south on the main road though Sarasota, my wife spied an auto museum. I turned around, parked, and went in. It was an old place with many neat things. As we walked, there it was: a carbon copy of my beast, same color and same year.
    A man was walking around as if he worked there. I started to talk to him. Lo and behold, he was the owner of the 550 as well as many of the other cars on display. He told me his name but I cannot remember it. As we talked, I mentioned I had a mechanic in Orange County California. He asked me his name and I said “Englehart”. He asked, “Larry?” “Yes,” I answered.
    Having a mechanic for my car and having someone across the county know who he is makes me think Larry may know something about Ferraris.
    :)

2. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Have friends down there that we visit frequently... Where's the museum? Name ?

Thanks. Lovely city.

3. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Is that the same museum as the Ringling Museum house?

I saw that one over 40 years ago and it was impressive even then.

BTW Larry is well known

4. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Classic Car Museum. It is on the south side of town. We were driving south on the main road next to the beach.

5. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C