A note to my Australian Friends | Page 8 | FerrariChat

A note to my Australian Friends

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Rubbish

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Business is booming, sharemarket is soaring, unemployment is falling. Yeah...sounds terrible. If you call this bad, I wonder how you'll react when the sh** really hits the fan.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #178 PSk, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Steve,

So what concrete economic plans has he put down, other than increase the military budget?

His team is unable to solve the Obamacare ... yet, or to implement his immigration ban ... again yet.

And constantly he attempts to deflect with silly comments, eg: wire tapping ... rubbish.

Aircon,
    Read my post again. I said "will soon" not that it is bad now.

I honestly don't understand why you guys appear to respect the guy so much. I've read about his business ability and many businesses have folded (he does appear to care for his staff which I give him a plug for) but he's no great businessman. A good sales person maybe.

Listening to him speak, or spew bs, is cringe worthy. Sure if the country is okay, great but just goes to show the president matters little I guess ... ?
    Pete

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    And some of the people he's hired ... utter idiots, who should say way less.

I believe he is miles short of his 4000 members of cabinet (?) as I guess he's finding it hard to get politicians to join his team.

Hopefully his deputy will take over the presidency as he appears to be of the right stuff.
    Pete

5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I don't think any of us really care, but it's fun to watch.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #181 PSk, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    1 up to Russia ...

-1 to Wikileaks, played like the naive fool he is.

Pete

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Huh? What's this about?

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
  9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hilary's a crook anyway....it's great that she didn't win. Screw the establishment, I say.

10. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Maxine Waters is a Democrat from California and the SMH prints anything and everything negative about Trump. Imagine that, a journalist in the US doesn't like President Trump.

You get your "facts" from the left media and think you're informed?

I have news for you, nobody in the USA and very few here, give a toss what you think.

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #186 PSk, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Markets Live: ASX loses $26b in Trump slump

Russian (some anyway) view of Trump's presidency: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-inauguration-vladimir-putin-all-night-party-celebrate-washington-will-be-ours-russian-a7537901.html

Ian, While I can agree with Aircon in that Hillary was a dodgy untrustworthy person, and yes I am sure there are many Americans that are stupid enough to like Trump (heck we had many stupid Australians that liked Rudd), he is proving himself to be an idiot that most of us realise he is. His business history shows he's not brilliant at it. And heck he is still celebrating his win FFS!

And of course American's don't give a cr@p about what I think. This is just FerrariChat Ian ;)

Pete

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
  13. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
  14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Fair point, but it appears that campaigning to remove Obamacare is one thing, and then actually doing it another considerably harder thing. God only knows if they will end up with an improvement or not ... I definitely will not know of course, not living there.

In some ways though I give Trump some credit for telling his team to get on with it, or he will move on ...
    Pete

15. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There are parallels with the Abbott / Turnbull government here where they are unable to do what they want to do (and were elected to do) because of a recalcitrant and grandstanding Senate. (Paul Keating was never more correct than when he referred to them as unrepresentative swill).

16. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    you've got your parallels wrong - both Trump and Turnbull are being hamstrung by their own parties!

17. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Dunno about that.
    Neither of them are loved by their parties, but that doesn't stop their policies being passed.

18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  19. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Cool. I didn't realise he was a Queenslander.

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hmmm, the "deal maker" could not get his own Republican's to vote for his bill.

Please correct me if I am wrong but did not Republicans control Senate while Affordable Care was introduced?

So if it has been in for I believe 7 years, surely over that time they would have worked out what is wrong, what is right, etc. from their point of view and now they have their chance to change things come in with solidified ideas. So why are they still so divided?

Now I know that Trump is blaming the Democrats but he could not the Republicans votes either ...

Politics is hard. Why anybody would want to get involved is beyond me!
    Pete

21. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    and a "LUSA" :p

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    yep

23. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Let's just see what happens to Trumpcare... And Malcolm in the Middle? Former leader of the republic movement in Australia, champion of new technologies and environmentalist - what policies has he got happening?

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ian,

Are your American friends still loving President Trump?

BTW I was thinking about your positive view of Thatcher and how she moved England kicking and screaming into different industries. Trump is doing the opposite and halting this movement that had already started, for short term gains. Sure work has increased in some areas of America but this has hurt these new industries by propping up industries that have no sustainable future, eg. coal.

So yes some are enjoying more work, etc. at the moment but can it last? I don't think so ... even if he manages NOT to start a world war by then ;)
    Pete

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    He's awesome