A note to my Australian Friends | Page 17 | FerrariChat

A note to my Australian Friends

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
  2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

you know he didn't author this, right?

He's a computer science associate professor at a small tier 2 college in Virginia. He retweeted this drivel, and eventually it got attributed to him.

Most of the list is crap that means nothing, but trudge on, it's amusing.

D

3. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    uhuh

"it's the truth"

"no it's not"

Neither of you have any credibility, quite frankly

4. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Even if Trump brought peace to the middle-east, solved world poverty and hunger, made the US the most prosperous and wealthy place on earth with jobs, freedom, and the best standard of living for everyone...

The Leftys would still be saying "Yeah. But he looked at Hillary the wrong way", and that's the most important thing...

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Your belief in my credibility is not something I'm gonna lose sleep over. Frankly, given the crap you post here, MY credibility should be the least of your worries.

D

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

We already are the most prosperous and wealthy place on Earth, just ask us!! :D, so you can tick that one off the list as already done.

As to peace in the middle east, an end to world poverty and hunger, hell, if he knocks either one of those off in the next 3.5 years, I'll vote for him in the next presidential election.

D

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

let's do a couple more..

49. Denied FBI a new building
    50. $700 million saved with F-35 renegotiation
    51. Saves $22 million by reducing white house payroll

49. Justice Department put $636MM in the budget for this. FBI is scattered over more than a dozen locations in Washington DC, paying large monthly rent fees for short term rentals in one of the most expensive cities in the USA to rent. The J. Edgar Hoover Building can only hold about half of those currently in the employ, in DC, by the FBI. CONGRESS, not Trump, withdrew the funding for the project despite Justice Department concerns (Run by a Trump appointee) that the current building is falling apart and represents several security challenges/risks. Flat out lie, Trump had nothing to do with this one.

50. The price drop was negotiated prior to Trump taking office. It was, essentially, a volume discount based on total production numbers. It's the 10th LOT of F-35's to be delivered, each lot costing less than the last. It's a 7% price reduction from Lot 9. Call that one a draw despite it already being in the works, the actual price was finalized in Trump's first month on the job.

51. saves $22MM based on current staffing, that's OVER FOUR YEARS, including his waiving his own salary, so I'll give you that one, even though he admits his staff is incomplete and will eventually cost more. However, he spent $20MM just to go to Florida to play golf on the weekend in the first 3 months in office. Over 4 years, he's gonna spend $100MM to play golf, at his own clubs, but DAMN, he did save $22MM on WH staff.

And, oh, just in GOLF CARTS the Secret Service has paid Trump's golf clubs $60K, and the Secret Service is out of allowable overtime for its current batch of agents. They're telling Congress they need an additional 500 agents, minimum, to cover, and those alone will cost about $90MM a YEAR in salary and benefits, including overtime.

D

8. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Actually he's a RETIRED professor (left Bridgewater in 2012), but I wonder if Bridgewater know he's using their name in this:
    Shroud University - Shroud of Turin - Exploring the Mystery Since 33 A.D.

9. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
  10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hit a nerve, did I?

So, someone posts unsubstantiated facts, and you do the same. Nice counter, but we still don't know what's the truth. Your 'facts', however, seem more emotive than factual.

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You better put some ice on that

Posted on 11:14 am, August 27, 2017 by Steve Kates

Went to the ballet last night and at half time went out for a coffee to make sure I could keep awake for the second half. And there I chanced upon the daughter of an old old friend who I had known since she was an infant, an extremely bright young woman who had even been dux of her school. And we chatted as we always do as I searched around for the milk, and in the midst of it all she asked me how I thought Donald Trump was going as president. And since we had quite frequently met on the train during the election last year and had chatted amicably about the election, I said what I thought, which was that I found he was going even better than I had expected he would, especially given the opposition he was facing. So I will now relate how the last conversation we will ever have from that moment continued.

Well, she said, he gives me the creeps. This may be a mis-remembrance since this is what Hillary has been quoted as saying in recent days as excerpts from her new book are being released. But if those weren’t her exact words, they were certainly her sentiments. Why, I said? Because he is not respectful of women.

So I said, but we elect presidents to deal with policy. Don’t you care about North Korea, Islamic terrorism, open borders, our economic future and the preservation of Western Civilisation? Don’t you think these are also important and should be put into the balance as well. No, she didn’t think that at all. Walking home at night safely without worrying about molestation is more important.

But, I said, if that was the major issue, what about Bill Clinton, and his enabling wife Hillary? With Monica it was consensual. But she was an intern and he was her boss, didn’t that matter [and I forgot to mention Paula Jones and Kathleen Willey if consensual was so important]? No, not in the least. You know, I said, as we stood in the lobby of the Arts Centre at half time at the ballet, you are living in a bubble surrounded by a normality that might come crashing down if we do not get our political environment properly set. You – she said to me – think like that because you are a male. You cannot understand things from the perspective of a woman.

Well, I said, lots of women voted for Trump. Yes, but they were white women. That is not a worthy argument I replied since it basically forecloses on all possibility that we can discuss anything. Once you say that, there is no possibility of coming to any kind of mutual understanding since nothing I can ever possibly say has any possible ability to get past that defence. (And funny enough, a black cab driver in Washington had made the same point when we had had a similar conversation in July, that I could not understand what he was saying because I was not black myself.)

And then we went back to our seats, where I was able to stay awake for the second half without the least bit of trouble. But what annoys me almost as much as anything is her breach of friendship. She knew my attitude to Trump pre-election but assumed, like every other political fool, that I must have seen the light once he became president. So far past her widest intellectual compass was the possibility that having backed him for the eighteen months that led up to his election that I might still find myself very content to see what he has done since he is doing what he said he would, or at least trying. Dragging policy into the conversation was merely trying to sidetrack the only thing that mattered so far as she was concerned, his wrongthought on how to treat women.

But as it happens, every Democrat president, aside from Jimmy Carter, since I became conscious of politics at all – Kennedy, Johnson, Clinton – has been a serial adulterer. Clinton was even worse, an accused rapist, and we have it on good authority that Hillary ‘put up with’ Bill Clinton’s sexual ‘grabbing, groping women’. Trump did not lie about it or deny this incident, but said what I say, that it was highly unacceptable, but that there are bigger issues that matter much more. If you can ignore the Clintons’ far far worse behaviour, and make this one story about Trump your single reason for not supporting Trump as president, then so be it. But if you also think you have any political judgement whatsoever, then you are an even bigger fool than I might ever have thought. Rotherham and Cologne have become one-word reminders of how bad things have become even if we restrict ourselves to sexual assault. If this one story about Trump is all she can think of as the reason not to vote for him, she really is stupid in spite of her undoubtedly high IQ.

Bas likes this.
  12. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Lol, I read that as "preposterous" :):)

13. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I think we're both right.

D

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Um, no.

D

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    umm..yes.

You blind dislike for the man has made you irrational. I'm seeing that a lot. Trump obviously brings out the worst in the way people react to him, but from where I sit, he appears to be doing a lot of good things.

Try and take your blinkers off....it'll help you sleep at night.

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Pretty disgraceful. It's going too far...it really is.

Bas likes this.
  17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

It cuts both ways.

But here in the USA, you're free to make stupid decisions about who you serve or sell to UNLESS they fall into a protected class. "Lying purveyor of the Trump party line" is not a protected class.

I think the owner was incredibly stupid,really didn't think it through at all, but hey, it was her decision to make, and she'll have to live with it.

My guess? Given the overall political bent of her little town, once the noise dies down, she'll be fine, business will return to normal, all will be fine.

But (and I've owned a restaurant here in the USA, so I have some experience with this) the only folks we ever refused were those who walked in the door hammered from drinking somewhere else.

D

18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Correct....it should never have happened. Again, disgraceful.

19. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Just jumped over to check it out and noticed this thread. I know the politics is very hot in the USA but its not just there. We here in Ontario Canada just had a provincial election where the Liberal left party was completely decimated in the June 9th election. That Liberal party drew so many parallels to the Liberals in the USA that it boggles the mind. Trump has stirred things up, and rightfully so, to the point where it is now easy to see that the left in Europe has been pulling the wool over the eyes of their people as well. The Americans that are now causing riots and stirring up crap in the USA are all left wing liberals that can't stand the fact that they lost an election. But these people are being used by the puppet masters that have been controlling the USA for decades. Trump is the first president that they have no control over and you Americans with Trump Derangement syndrome will one day realize that you have been used by the Elite left. Trump is doing nothing but good for your country. Hey Im Canadian and even I realize that we have been getting the best out of NAFTA.We basically have no military and have no need for it as long as the good ole USA is there. One thing we do have that the USA does not is a Prime Minister that is as dumb as ****e but makes a good puppet for George Soros. Eventully everyone will see what has and is going on behind the curtain which Trump is pulling open and will be very embarrassed in their left wing support.

Steve355F1, wrxmike, IanB and 3 others like this.
  20. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Well said Gerry. Look at the bizarre situation in the EU, where for example the German navy has only one operational submarine. Putin could walk into any of the former USSR countries (as he did in the Crimea) and nobody in the EU would or could do squat. Trump doesn't care about their dissembling or their feelings, he cares about the real world outcome.

21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Just looking back on this, answer is?

He didn't, yet, accomplish ANY of those things, or frankly many of his campaign promises at all. But he sure as hell has helped kill off a couple hundred thousand Americans, so I guess that's something, right?

D

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Oh yeah.... It's his fault.

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Geez you made some dumb posts. No wonder you left here. Embarrassment.

24. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That has proven to be correct. Trump's done a great job so far, desire The democrats lies and receipt.

This election is going to be a landslide.

Steve355F1 likes this.