A note to my Australian Friends | Page 12 | FerrariChat

A note to my Australian Friends

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    #276 FazzerPorscheman, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Very clever. :)

KKK K-26 #6 turbocharger on my Porsche 944 Turbo for those unaware.

Of course, there are quite a few KKs on here. ;)

2. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #237-240 are above

Nothing racist

3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Greg, if you think the second quoted comment is a reasonable response to the first quote, then stick with your mate (which I know you do) and don't bother me further.

4. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    “I’ve condemned neo-Nazis..... You had many people in that group OTHER THAN neo-Nazis and white nationalists,” Trump said.

“You ALSO HAD some very fine people on both sides,” he said.

Sounds to me like when he mentions very fine people he is explicitly NOT referring to neo-Nazis.

Isn't it possible that there were some people there who are simply unhappy about the planned removal of a historical statue, and aren't white supremacists at all?

In the same way, perhaps, that there were no doubt people protesting on the other side who weren't swinging baseball bats and flinging balloons full of excrement and urine at everyone.

Is that even possible? Or is everything absolutely black and white (pardon the pun) in Lefty Land?

5. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

That you presume you know what I do shows how foolish you are.
    If you don't wish to be bothered then stop posting rubbish. I asked you a simple question, what was racist about Ian's response?

6. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

Careful, you'll be slandered as a racist

7. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve

Probably. Not sure if that would be a clever thing to do on a public forum, but oh well.

8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol...you bunch of nutters...what have I been telling you about the fwit for years??

9. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Whom; Wes or Moretti??? :confused:

10. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    This whole thread is ridiculous. Just like the gun control thread. But, it's something I've come to expect in here.

Carry on.

CW

11. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Actually, this whole thread could probably go down as a classic example of what happens when people who usually only exist in their own echo chamber of back-slapping unanimous agreement poke their head up and discover - much to their horror - that not everyone actually agrees with their PC approved group-think view of the world.

The reaction, of course, is not to have a sensible debate and put forth a better argument, but to lash out and place disgraceful labels on people they don't even know and then retreat back to the safe space where they came from.

Which is pretty pathic, if you ask me.

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Oh you know!

13. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon

Whom; Wes or Moretti? :confused:

14. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Keeping quiet when people start making excuses for F***G NAZIS STANDING IN THE STREET WITH GUNS IN THEIR HANDS is not something I'll EVER do, and my stand can be preserved here forever despite anything , anyone may say. Bring it on!
    And if the moderators want to ban me for the swearing, so be it.
    I cannot believe that people who have had the privilege of growing up in a place like Australia, free from the horrors of what Europe went through last century, can put their political one-upmanship above basic morals.

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    *shakes head *

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

In my lefty land, almost everything is in shades of gray.

BUT, you are judged by your behavior,and the company you keep, and when you march with racists, well you're not a fine person. Can't be.

It wasn't about the statue, it was about white supremacy, which, if you study the history of many Confederate statues, you'll see that was the point they were trying to make when they were erected. It wasn't about war heroes, it was about keeping Black people in their place. So, if you know our history, and understand the meaning behind the statues, even those who simply think they should be left alone either don't understand that, or don't care.

However, if you're a "peace loving counter-demonstrator" and you wade into a crowd of gun and club wielding neo-Nazis, well, don't expect them to sing kumbaya and give you a hug.

No winners that day. Just a dead girl, plenty more injured, and the national consciousness here in the USA took a beating. I think there were many people who thought we were beyond this, better than this.

D

17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I understand and agree with your emotions. However, I'm very proud of the fact groups like the KKK and the JDL have the right to express their opinions. This is what separates the American experiment from the rest of the world. At least in theory, we recognize the rights of the individual trump (sorry) the power of the state. This is something that has never been done before. It's not perfect. It's messy. But, so far, it is working.

18. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Texas Forever, I agree that right to free speech can't be taken away from anyone, but what I'm upset about is people making up excuses for these Nazi flag carriers. Yes, let them march but DONT GIVE THEM EVEN IMPLICIT SUPPORT. Let them shout into the wind and crawl back into their holes.

19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Not to pick a fight, but individual rights can most certainly be taken away. It requires constant vigilance to keep the powers of the state from stream rolling the rights of individuals. If we must error, we need to error in favor of individual rights.

Frankly all President Trump was pointing out was there are whack jobs on both sides of the aisle. Granted, he doesn't mince words; but hey, whadda expect from someone who is from the Queens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Take a look at what happened in Boston today, the free speech rally ended early. This left 30000 "peacefull" counter protesters with little to do, except for the the few "peacefull" ones that thew rocks and poles at the police. These are the same ones that had to protect themselfes from the evil buildings in Berkely that attacted them first.

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yep

22. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

Such a moron. Who made excuses for Nazis?

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Told ya! You're all discovering what I've been saying for years. Took long enough.

24. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

Sorry, but it's not news to me. It's been obvious since day 1

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003