a great show on Art | FerrariChat

a great show on Art

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Vinny Bourne, Jun 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    The peculiar world of Art. This is just a very enjoyable look at that strange "industry" and even some of the YT comments are interesting including the guy who says "The talent it took to do that is unimaginable." Some artists do have talent that is unimaginable, some of the old masters and some impressionists.

There is a polarizing individual interviewed in the show and since I don't know the dude I have no opinion BUT you have to see the views from his apartment, unreal.

My favorite job was working at the local art museum during college late at night when the museum was closed, kinda like 'Night at the Museum', walking thru the place in the dark, the only person around all these very expensive treasures was really cool. There was a painting by Frank Benson an american impressionist that is one of my favorites, very talented.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYm1pNFcV3E]The World's Most Expensive Paintings (BBC Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

http://zoom.mfa.org/fif=sc1/sc194233.fpx&obj=iip,1.0&wid=960&cvt=jpeg

Worcester Art Museum - Frank Benson: Portrait of My Daughters

2. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I shall definitely be watching this. Thanks!

3. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Finally watched it yesterday.

I thought it was a good show, it brings up a few interesting points, but always in a "shallow" manner. By this I mean you can't really go in depth in a one hour show. But it's surprisingly neutral in its positioning, which I think is good. And it attempts to give us a pretty universal view. All we can ask for, really.

The Ganz family story is really inspiring, just like Herb & Dorothy Vogel. Shows you how love for art is not dependant on vast sums of money.