A few thoughts on 2006... | FerrariChat

A few thoughts on 2006...

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by cmparrenzo, Sep 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I want to thank everyone that attended this year, it is truly the best part of my year to be able to share my passion for driving with my friends, old and new.

We could not have done this without the support of FCA and the Kansas City Chapter of FCA and our many sponsors, including BENTLEY St Louis, PREMIER Financial Services, and DREAM CAR GARAGE on SPEEDTV.

I need to give a special thanks to Rob Lay and FERRARICHAT, I am not sure that many people know how important Rob is to our event and how much effort he put into this years event, but all of his efforts and the gifts he gave to every attendee where just incredible! Thank you again Rob, we look forward to having you back in 2007!

Not trying to sound like a broken record, but it was an excellent event and I was proud to hear repeatedly from SPEEDTV and the drivers that this is currently the best high performance driving event in North America.

With the 2006 Crescent Classic only hours in the past, I am must admit I am already planning 2007 and cannot wait to return to Eureka Springs!

2007 will see some changes, but the best parts will remain, the best part being the incredible roads and the most enthusiastic drivers I have ever met.

We will update our web site in about a month and registration will begin early in 2007 with preference given to past attendees.

Again, thank you to all who attended, see you in 2007!

Chris Parr

www.crescentclassic.com

2. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    #2 slm, Sep 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Chris,
    I would like to thank you, Dana, Stu, Steve, etc again for a wonderful event and making my family feel welcome. We had a great time. I am sure you will need some therapy for that ride back to the hotel, but I hope there will not be long lasting scars.

BTW, has anyone noticed that Rob's Journal is closed. That hole "orb" thing really got out of hand - probably more due to an overdose of Guiness than anything else:)

Steve
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    #3 slm, Sep 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. arrover

arrover Rookie

Sep 17, 2006
    N.W. Arkansas
    I just wanted to say a quick thank you to all the nice people that I met over the last few days. We really appreciate your friendliness and of course the rides! We're looking forward to next year!

Oh yeah, Chris thanks for bringing me the cookies on Friday night. They helped keep me awake!

Adam
    ESPD

5. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Steve, your entire family is wonderful! but I must admit, this one stole my heart!

Chris

6. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Adam, thank you so much for all that you and the rest of the Eureka Springs Police department did to make this event such a success.

I owe you a present from Crescent Classic, I will do my best to make sure you get it. We just cannot tell our friend Thomas!

(FYI, Becky is waaaaaay too cute for him!)

7. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    So that explains why Thomas road with me and Becky with you. She did tell me that she enjoyed the ride BACK to the hotel much more than the ride to dinner!!!!

Just reporting the news.

Steve

8. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Old banger should have been there, next year I will leave time to drive it alone if I have to. Sorry I missed whatwas obviously a great event.
    Malcolm

9. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I confessed to Thomas this morning that I had a difficult time dropping her off at the Hotel, she loved the drive back and she loves FERRARI's.

Becky, is a class act and has a great sense of humor, she never flinched as I put the 550 through its paces.

I thought about going south on the Pig Trail, it was so close and I figured one more lap couldn't hurt, then I remembered Thomas carries a 9mm, so I dropped her off before I got shot! (if he was carrying a .38 I might have risked it!)

Oh yeah, Dana is a good shot too!

10. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Why does that not suprise me :)? And can't your car outrun a 9mm???

11. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Well, Thomas also is very good on a bullit bike, no, I think Becky is pretty sweet on him and lets face it, the only competition Thomas has is George Clooney and Thomas is taller!

12. arrover

arrover Rookie

Sep 17, 2006
    N.W. Arkansas
    Well, Thanks again Chris! I'd like to participate more in the future; ideally as an owner! (I've been investigating the 355/360 options but that probably wouldn't happen for a few years) I agree that Becky is to cute for Thomas' ugly mug! Just kidding....

Adam
    ESPD

13. lhowardmo

lhowardmo Karting
    Owner

Jun 5, 2005
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Larry
    Chris, Once again Thank you. We had a fantastic time in Eureka. The people were great, the roads were great, the town is great. If you couldn't tell we had a great time.
    Thank you also to Dana, Stu, Bernie, Scott, Susan and The Eureka Springs Police department (in no particular order).
    Buffalo Run next, See you there.

Larry

P.S. I missed Mary Bramhall, I wish she could have came.

14. drshane

drshane Rookie

Sep 18, 2006
    I wanted to thank Chris Parr and all the Ferrari club members for making me feel welcomed to my first event. I am hooked and can't wait for the next one. It is a very special group! -Shane Nelson

15. Kleos1

Kleos1 Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    Urbandale Iowa
    Full Name:
    Garry Haas
    Last year was great, so when Chris said this year would be even better it was hard to believe, but it was. We had a blast and can't wait for next year

16. Kleos1

Kleos1 Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    Urbandale Iowa
    Full Name:
    Garry Haas
  17. erikandersondesigns.com

Mar 5, 2006
    Lee's Summit
    Full Name:
    Erik Anderson
    CC2006 was a fantastic event! It was great to meet new people and put more faces to the names on Ferrari Chat. I took an obscene amount of photos (just a few less than 2000 or about 5GB worth!) and am working on sorting them out. I'll post a few samples and links in the CC forum as well as the links to all the galleries very soon (the goal is to get it all online tonight!).

--
    Erik
    http://www.erikandersondesigns.com

18. Greg Scott

Greg Scott Karting

Mar 18, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg Scott
    Enjoyed meeting everyone. Chris, Scott, Stu and the gang did a class job. Very impressive outing. "D.C.G" Tom's stories on the balcony at the after-hours parties were very entertaining.

I will see to it that my date at next year's event does not as many issues as this year's "date" did, does not allow me (after I've had a few) to try midnite ghost-busting at the old morgue...and does not use a Linus-like "blankie" to keep warm at the hotel bar.

19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    As I recall, that led to the Brokeback Ferrari Chat discussion:) :) :)

20. dcrews85tr

dcrews85tr Karting

Aug 1, 2005
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Thank You Chris and Dana Parr, Scott and Bernie, and Stu. Susan and I had a great time as we were able to celebrate our anniversary with some good friends and great escapades! . A special thanks to Larry and Mary Howard. You are awesome! Oh by the way... We love our new car, truck and trailer. It's great to be me... Sucks to be Larry!
    It was great to see Rob and his new date(G.S.) with issues! We had a great time with you guys. We missed seeing Jenny but understand that she's on a "mission". Good luck Rob and Jenny!
    Hey, Larry and Christina, We hope to see more of you! You two are what the club is all about (having a great time talking, laughing, and Orbing). Larry R, I look forward to your postings of Scotts ORB that fell out of his drawers and into the chair he was sitting in.
    We missed Chris and Mary this year and understand that they already have marked their calendars for 2007. Chris has resigned as the head skin thumper for the G.C. band. This will allow them to attend!!
    Matt V. As always, you do a great job with keeping the cars looking great.

Thanks to Scott and Chris of Autosport and all the other sponsors. I encourage everyone in attendance to the Crescent to post comments, funny stories and pictures..Thanks again as we look now look forward to Crescent 2007!! Doug of KC

21. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    September 13, 14th, 15th and 16th.

22. cbr600rr

cbr600rr Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Eureka Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    Thomas Achord
    Greetings all. I just wanted to take the time to say this weekend was superb!! Everyone was wonderful and my heartfelt thanks to each and everyone one of you. I really enjoyed riding and driving some of the best automobiles on the road.

Chris, I totally understand you wanting to "run" the Pig Trail one last time Saturday evening. Becky is truly a fabulous girl. Way too good for me.

I enjoyed seeing everyone from last year, and meeting people for the first time this year. I now look forward to September, 2007.

Again, if there is anything I can do for anyone of you, please feel free to contact me. Chris knows how to get in touch with me via phone for those that didn't get my number.

Oh, and Adam .... thank you for watching the 375 on such short notice. By the way, "ugly mug!" ... where's the love man, hehehe

Thanks again
    Thomas
    ESPD

23. erikandersondesigns.com

Mar 5, 2006
    Lee's Summit
    Full Name:
    Erik Anderson

Thomas,

Thanks for your help in getting me setup for the parade and for all the work you did coordinating everything! Here's the shots of you and your stoppies:

http://www.erikandersondesigns.com/images/2006/09-14-CrescentClassic/Achord-BikeStunts/index.html

24. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Thomas,

Again, thanks for all you and the other staff at the ESPD did for the weekend. Although Chris and I may be kidding about Becky, Michelle definitely thinks she's great. You have found yourself a keeper, man. And Becky, Thomas is "a pretty good catch" too FWIW. I hope to get down there again in the near future. I'll let ya'll know so you can show me some of those roads you were telling me about. Hmmmm, Lambo vs bike!!! Interesting.

Steve