A few things for my Challenge 355 | FerrariChat

A few things for my Challenge 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by awhite, Oct 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    I am looking for asomeone who might have or know of the replacement undercarrage for a 355 challenge. (I would even consider carbon fibre)

or if anyone knows of a good outlet of 355 Challenge items and parts.

-a

2. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    #2 Valence, Oct 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We'll soon have carbon fiber/kevlar undercarriage available for the 355 Challenge (and F355). Since it won't be cosmetic grade clear coated finish, the price will not be prohibitively expensive. We're working closely with local 355 and 360 Challenge Drivers, who are very enthusiastic about weight savings. So far we have made a pair of front fenders and the front bonnet (hood) for the 355 in carbon, each panel weighing roughly 1/3 of the original panels' weight. The next part to be completed in the project is a 360 Challenge carbon/kevlar undertray. We'll move on to the 355 undertray and an increasing variety of carbon fibre body panels for these cars over the next couple months.

Attached pictures show a prototype, 'rough' (not quite ready for paint) carbon/kevlar fender being test-fitted. All mounting areas lined up perfectly.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

OCKlasse likes this.
  3. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Nice!!

specifiaclly I am looking for the rear undertray and s such..

also, need a connection for slotted rotors, as the drilled ones are starting to crack!

-a

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Were the carbon undertrays ever made/released/offered?