A few more asking prices from the "golden years" | Page 13 | FerrariChat

A few more asking prices from the "golden years"

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by bannishg, Sep 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kuni12345678

kuni12345678 Rookie

Jan 8, 2016
    I should have bought the 1953 340 Mexico Spyder for $4,200 from the owner in 1974 and should have bought Ferrari cars instead of Alfa Romeo cars. I guess everyone needs a time machine but, I would rather have the winning lottery numbers and not go back in time. I would have to pay for storage and insurance for fifty years and is difficult at best.

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  2. 246dreamer

246dreamer Karting

Mar 29, 2010
    Riverton New Zealand
    Full Name:
    David
    And this is why the prices look so cheap now, once you factor in how much that amount of money could buy back then it becomes obvious how expensive the cars actually were :) Having said that, I have always compared the price of my dream Ferrari (the 246 Dino) to my annual salary since my first drive in one back in 1976. At the time the car cost 2 years' salary and stayed at that level right the way through until about the 1990s. Missed my chance to buy one when they were about 60,000 pounds sterling and then prices took off and haven't really come down. Now I'm retired it's a case of winning the Lottery :(

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    This is depressing.