A Bugatti Veyron slayer? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

A Bugatti Veyron slayer?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by ferrari_matt, Aug 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mva

mva Karting

Oct 7, 2004
    It has been stated that the road-going street legal version of the Rogue GT will boast 850hp and 1000Nm of torque. They, however, will offer the engine at higher specifications to private racing teams or for other usage.

PERFORMANCE Brammo V12
    Running Race Gas:
    - 1100 HP AT 6500-7000 RPM NORMALLY ASPIRATED
    - 1200-1600 HP SUPERCHARGED OR TURBOCHARGED

2. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

I have no problem with Vectors at all, I wouldn't mind having one in blue.

Like I said what good is a great performance car if it looks like S$$t?. Seriously If i wanted just performance Id get a one of those station wagons from 70's like the one the Grizwailds had from national apos Vaction and drop in a Hennsey Viper engine.

And the SSC aero company used to build Lamborghini replicas, a famous builder by the name of JC Hamlin is umong them and he has a badass Diablo replica which makes more horsepower than the "real" Enzo.

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    and a jet-turbine of the STEALTH-bomber, eh? With anti-compression drivers suit, eh? And who makes the tyres to get those on the floor??? Any development? Are you sure you come back alive after driving it? And the car is not fallen apart from its chassis? saftey development?????? Race car??? You`ll see no racing team will go to that future......

Ciao!
    Walter

4. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    ... Does anyone knows what happened to the Project 1221 supercar?

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    station wagon ?

Get a Chevy Vega and drop a 327 in it, or a Ford Pinto and drop a 351 in it, like others did back then.

Doesn't the Bugatti get like 2 mpg 'at speed' ?

6. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

Nah that has been done before. I would love to make that station wagon a beast but look like a joke from the outside.

The Veyron gets a respectable 12mpg but I think any car will get 40feet pergallon if they are performaning at there best.

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #57 RP, Aug 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. mva

mva Karting

Oct 7, 2004
    The 1500bhp MF1 should be unveiled in the coming months. Probably along with the 700bhp Aellopous.

9. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    That's one way of looking at it. Another is that the 'investors' (not car enthusiasts) who put down the 50k deposit, used the fact that the finished car had a V6 and not a V12 to simply recover their deposit money and avoid being lumbered with a depreciating supercar in a market that had imploded.

The Turbo V6 was chosen simply because the V12 would not meet power and emissions.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The Metro Turbo V6 was chosen by Walkinshaw because it was cheap!
    MG-Rover had hundreds of them built to have the MG-Rover Metro V6R homologated in Groupe B for rallying. After the death in Corsica of Henri Toivonen on a Groupe B Lancia, FIA banned Groupe B and declared that the World Rally Championship would be run with Groupe A.
    MG-ROver had plenty of engines and didn't know what to do with them. (Ford had the same problem with the GT70).
    Walkinshaw made a deal and took them off their hands for a song, and also got the drawings and production rights in the process.
    That's why they ended up at the back of Jag 220s.

And I repeat that the 220 was only a Jaguar in name. It was built by Jaguarsports at TWR in Bloxham, never in Coventry. Jaguarsports was the TWR company that handled the competition contract, built and raced the Le Mans cars, etc...

Nevertheless, that Jag was fabulous, and one of the fastest of its time.

11. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Aellophus? Wtf is this?

12. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    http://www.project1221.com/Aellopous.html

I have been following 1221 for over 2 years now... at first it seems like a joke but they have the whole cult marketing thing down.

13. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Hello Walter,

The Koenigsegg CCX has a Koenigsegg engine.
    See also: www.koenigsegg.com you might like it after all.

Well, they had to overcome big aerodynamic problems because the VW chief wanted to stick with the original design that wasn't aerodynamic at all. It still has to use that silly rear wing to get it to work. It's a bug, a super beetle! ;)

Best, Peter

14. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    But i'm still not convinced.

15. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Peter,
    it doesn`t make sense that VW with a 300 Million Euro budget and with all their facilities got a great car (even when I not really like its body!) with very advanced engine, gearbox etc., when Koenigssomething got everything "for free" as I don`t believe they had that money in their pocket to total develop their car with all warranty-details incl. safety details!

Its not easy to make a car going to 400 km/h Vmax! Thats a real challenge and even a bigger one to make the car reliable under this conditions.

Ciao!
    Walter

16. mva

mva Karting

Oct 7, 2004
    The CCX official performance figures are a joke. In a recent test in Evo, they got these times : 0-60mph - 3,9s, 0-100mph - 7,7s, 1/4 mile - 12,1s (the claimed 1/4 mile time for the CCR was 9s flat). What´s more, the car had shorter gearing for better acceleration, the one they tested (the same one as in Top gear) was only geared to hit 205mph. With regular 250mph gearing, the times would be much worse.

The times were actually on par with a Zonda S and only marginally better than a 997TT (up to 200km/h).

However, I don´t hate koenigseggs as I might seem to do. The cornering abilities are impressive, they just need to work on the engine and reliability. I´m actually looking forward to the new one with an all-new engine that should make an appearance in 2008.

17. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

I have been saying this for a while I wouldn't trust what the maginze say.

18. pdavid

pdavid Karting

Dec 15, 2005
    Wasn't the body designed before it was taken to the tunnel? If I remember correctly, this was what caused the biggest headache for engineers. Because the car wasn't efficiently cutting through the air, they had to pump up the output of the engine to have it reach the desired top speed.

19. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    Out of all of them, EVO probably is the most credable magazine in the world.

20. mls

mls Karting

May 1, 2005
    When they tested the CCR (November 2004) on Koenigsegg's wet test track, they recorded a 1/4 mile time only 0.2sec slower (12.3sec).

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Yes, body had to be changed to overcome lift and over heating.

22. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Nothing beats the truth, you can believe somewhat of what the maginzes say but until you actually go and see that for your self you really don't know.

Everybody claims the Z06 is a great car for the money and after seing it in person it is indeed great performance for the dollar but what they also didn't tell you was your getting terrible quality and plain looks.

Same goes for the Ford GT and countless others that I saw up close in person.

Another thing to consider is test drive the car and see for your self if it is the best car out of the pack.

Thats what I did to find out weather or not the Supra was faster than the ZR1 and it turns out it wasn't even close.(Well that was the first car I drove)

But yeah you want to find out the real vertict go see the car and person and if possible test drive it. Maginzes tend to have biaist editers now adays.

23. caballorojo

caballorojo Karting

Mar 8, 2005
    I live here about twenty miles from where those Aeros are made. Even though they are a local car, I still don't like them. For as much of a auto enthusiest that I am, I should like them right. All I see when I see them is a really expensive Kit car and those I absolutely hate. For the over half a million that the owner asks for them, all I can think of is all the possibilities that you could own instead.

Yes, going to the local shows, I did see the kit Lambos that he made the last so many years. They were not very good looking cars, always looked very akward and for the amount of money that the Kit Lambos cost, you could almost get yourself an older Diablo.

Though I do say that I don't like the car and they looked bad, I don't know the quality of thier build or what was used, but they do sound really nice (V8 with great exhaust).

24. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Just to let you know that the Aero was built by a bunch of former lamborghini replicar builders and the aero itself was built on a Diablo replica chassis.

I would say as owning a lamborghini replica goes I have been looking into one for a while since everybody is into performance these days I want to do something diffrent and a kitcar offers that at a low price. Unfornately Im still young and what do most youngsters drive? Honda Civics with body kits and im sorry but "Affordable" cars are boring. You want a nice car you got to pay the price. Another reason why is there's an Autoshop down the street from where I live that a Diablo that was formerly owned by Mario Andretti is there all the time for repairs and maintance. Don't get me wrong i still want to own a Murcielago but if the maintance on an orginal is gonna be so costly I would consider buying a replicar. Also If I have no plans on racing the Lambo whats the point of all that horsepower if im not going to use it?.

And It all depends on where you go to buy the replica. Before when D&R was still around you could build an accrate replica for under 35k but since they aren't around anymore you can expect the lamborghini replica to pretty much die. Now for something like the one's built by NorthAmerican you might as well consider an early 90's Diablo because I have seen those cars Skyrocket when it comes to pricing. They make the orginal car look more affordable.

25. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004

So pretty much the only cars that are exempted are the ones you like. huh, go figure....