A Bugatti Veyron slayer? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A Bugatti Veyron slayer?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by ferrari_matt, Aug 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

Im thinking of buying a Hayabusa but first I need to address my weight problems.

2. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Take care of your hair then!!! Btw., good insurance......????

Ciao!
    Walter

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yep!

Ciao!
    Walter

4. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    No, I was very dissapointed: the car was too heavy and acceleration figures are average. But it was a great driver for touring.

Ciao!
    Walter

5. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    William,
    ..well....yesssssssssss!

Ciao!
    Walter

6. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    John,
    yes, the SCI-version was by far the best one! I never owned one but had a test drive in it. But also this version should have deserved 50-80 hp more.

Ciao!
    Walter

7. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    My God... Is this a bike? It is HORRIBLE! Heavy, can go only straight... Please, not the Hayabusa!
    If money was not a problem and i want to buy a bike, my choice would be the Desmosedici RR. I saw one going out of the factory for road testing, and the sound is terrific!

Walter, you said that supercars are cars who also made their engines, am i right?
    And you also said the exception is the McLaren F1, its BMW engine was never used before, and then put into the 7 Series and the 8 Series after the Macca... right?

8. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    I dont understand why everyone discredits SSC Aero's, ok their interiors arnt great, but to think they are built in a warehouse in middle of washington state on a small budget, that can be expected. But Road and Track have tested this car and it does better then enzo for handling, and has a higher top speed then Veyron. For the development budget they were on I think thats amazing. And its build in the states.

9. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The BMW-McLaren F1 engine is outstanding in every aspect! It needed the Veyron with a 300 Million Euro development budget to match the F1. The BMW-F1-motor was the reason -according to Dr. Thomas Bscher, CEO of BUGATTI and wellknown to me- that Herr Piech didn`t choose a V12-engine. What came in the BMW 7- and 8-series is good but much different to that what guns the F1 to its alltime classic status! Those BMW 12-cyl.-"mass"-units are very good but only based on the F1-concept.
    I drove once the M8-prototype which had the slightly detuned F1-unit installed. THAT was a car!!! But unfortunately BMW decided tot to build this 8-series version as it was too expensive. Also the McLaren contract stated that the engine-concept had to be exclusivly reserved for the F1.

Ciao!
    Walter

10. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Interesting...

But you still haven't answered to my first question: you confirm me what you said about supercars?
    That they must have a homemade engine and not a foreign one?

11. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Sorry, forgot that! Yes, for me a true supercar has its homemade engine, like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Maserati (OK, developed by Ferrari but when M. was owned by F.!), Porsche, Ford GT, Aston Martin (same situation as between F. and M. but with Ford/Jaguar.). All like this Koenigsegg (what a ****** name!!!), Slyker (interior "design" fresh from the Bordello!), Zonda, Brabus and from the ol`days DeTomaso, Iso etc. are for me not the real thing. Another exeption for me is the Cobra.

Ciao!
    Walter

12. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The busa will walk a veyron from a stop but its proven that bikes dont run as well as a car with hp to weight ratio so it may have it from a roll. The ZX14 will also outrun a veyron with no problem at all. Ive read from a couple people on different forums that the S7 is a complete monster. The mosler is the real deal its very fast as is the S7. But if they let people test the car us car guys would no longer have to wonder how fast the car really is.

13. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    You considered the fact the BMW McLaren F1 has a specifically built engine.
    Then you put the Zonda in the "blacklist".
    You're wrong: maybe the first Zonda C12 and Zonda S are to be put into the "blacklist", because their engine, the 7.0l V12 AMG equipped SOME special versions of the old SL, the SL 73 AMG (50 built if i am right), and a unique CLK GTR Roadster, a red one with the engine displacement reaching 7.3l.

But the actual F and F Clubsport engine is SPECIFICALLY MADE for the Zonda. Different shortblock, different cylinder heads, different flywheel, different intake and exhaust manifolds etc. etc. etc.

Ah, in the blacklist should also figure the Maserati MC12, after all it has a detuned Enzo engine... or not?

But if you refer to supercars considering their history, then you're right. The Pagani Zonda has no history, or better, it started building its own history in 1999.
    While the McLaren F1, despite its "short" history, achieved a lot of racing victories, enough for being considered a legendary car.

One thing is for sure: this rush for having superpowerful cars is becoming sick.
    Given to me the chance to buy a trio of Veyron, S7 and Barabus, and another one consisting of Carrera GT, MC12 and Zonda F, i'd choose the second one, no way.

14. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    Nope, that is the M70 V12 in the 7 Series and 850i and 850CI

The 850CSi had the S70 and the McLaren had the S70/2

15. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    The main reason why I don't like the SSC is the engine it uses. It seems like every american Supercar builder uses a freakin small block chevy from the corvette!. For once I would love to see one of these companys like vector, mosler,saleen and now this company actually build there own engine like a V-12 engine and put time and effort into the cars qualitiy rather than just the performance.

The company used to build lamborghini replicas, the chassis that the SSC aero is built is on a Diablo replica chassis. I read it over on the kitcar forums a few times, so the SSC aero is basicly a Lamborghini replica on steriods.

I highly doubt that it would be faster than the Veyron. If it where to hit 270mph it will fall apart. Not to mention the car is very ugly, what good is great performer if the car looks like......?.

I will take a Zonda C12s in blue thank you.

16. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    A modified Hayabusa will walk anything on the road even that POS SSC aero if it claims a topspeed over 270mph. From a standstill or a roll.

I think even a stock busa and ZX14 could take on a Veyron but over 220mph the veyron will take over.

17. kovachian

kovachian Karting

Jun 27, 2006
    central Indiana
    Full Name:
    Ron
    First, Vector went belly-up years ago and generally weren't considered pretty (no offense to owners). Second, Mosler Trennes are even fuglier (except the MT900). Saleen...well...ok I got nuthin'. :D At least they all haul ass, it's the one saving grace.

Care to provide a link? I'm not calling BS, I'm honestly just curious.

I dunno, how about you ask an Enzo owner? :)

18. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    Ok, what about the Brammo Rague GT? Brammo is making its own engine V12 with over 1100 HP and will offer a supercharge version with 1300HP

19. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Agree with the Zonda, I'd take the Roadster F Clubsport i experienced.

20. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    On paper - yes! But at the time the MC12 got its engine (which internals are sigificantly different to the Enzo-engine) Maserati was under the Ferrari-wing.

So more or less you can state that the 4200 GT-Maserati engine is a Maserati-development (made by Ferrari) and it came later(!!) -with modified cyl-head!- in the Ferrari 430.

Ciao!
    Walter

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    What`s that for a "company"??? Who payed the development? How big is their development-, testing- and warranty-budget? Will their engine etc. RELIABLE???

Why do you thing VW spend 300 Million Euros (!!!) on the development. Are you very sure that this "Brammo" can match all the Veyron-performance/development can be matched by a complete unknown someone....???

Geeee.......!

Ciao!
    Walter

22. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    They differ only from the timing valve system (chain driven on the Enzo, twin gear driven on the MC12).

23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    According to my info from an engineer who was/is responsible for the modifications on the MC12-motor, there are more differences.

He mentioned that "....we had on the MC12 engine to correct some "mistakes" of the Enzo-unit....!"

Ciao!
    Walter

24. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #49 RP, Aug 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Personally, in the "flesh", steel, whatever, I like the looks of the Veyron. It is a successful product of the wind tunnel.

I am really looking forward to the statistics of the new Veyron GT for 2007, 1275 hp.

As for the current Veyron, its a Bugatti, and except for a Ferrari, that says it all. The rest are just glorified kit cars. :}
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    If you say so...