A $450k F8? And then adding about 50k for Taylor Made!? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A $450k F8? And then adding about 50k for Taylor Made!?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by bluesea, Feb 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This is a temporary blip and panic selling. Market will rebound soon. If anything great buying opportunity.

MANDALAY, PTG1, Cigarzman and 7 others like this.
  2. bluesea

bluesea Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    Thank you all for your timely, well-considered, and time consuming (to write) replies! I much appreciate you all and value this community. After reading your posts and rethinking my options I think I'm going to forgo the Taylor Made avenue with this build and hope to enjoy that experience in the future. I think it would be best with a V12/GT car - if they still will produce 12's in the not so distant future.

Ok... flame suit on ;) : I'd love to do a TM on the upcoming FUV/SUV (should it come to pass and be a worthy steed). It would be a vehicle that I'd spend more time in, going on multi day/week trips. Yeah, I can see doing some nice things with all the extra cabin space. :) Do something very cool and to hell with the miles!!

Thanks. Your points are solid. I sat in a Blu Pozzi f12 a few years ago which I noticed was a Taylor Made unit and, while a bit new to Ferrari, I didn't see any particular things that stood out as different from a normal spec in this car. I thought that it was a cool thing to be able to buy a TM car at a discount but the spec wasn't to my taste and the TM badging was not compelling enough.

I'm not so concerned about resale as I keep my cars for about 4-7 years, but with these big numbers I wondered if going that route would get me what I really want and do a little better at resale.

I'm tempted go with a Pista at this price level but the F8 offers some newer tech, and while I love a track-focused feel, I will be driving this car on the road mostly and I like the additional bells and whistles.

I see your point on the value Ferrari would see in me as a customer, which is relatively minimal - which is why I was tempted to do the program when my sales person suggested it. I didn't think I was at the level to even ask about doing TM.

I could do it but a part of me just wouldn't feel right paying that much for that normal production car - as great as it is.

I'm going your route I think and putting the 5ok towards another AMG.

Yeah. I thought to order the spider but I'm more of a coupe guy. I'm also happy with my 812 SF- and I doubt I'd get an allocation anyway. I also thought about Blu Simon's. Is Blu Helen really 100k, as I read online? at that price Troy should come in the package. Lol.

Thanks! I hope to do a TM car in the future and it will likely be a GT model.

Thanks, but I never sensed anything but constructive input. :)

You're doing the smart thing and getting a car you like with few miles and all the greatness it had when new. I can appreciate that. I felt that way when buying my last nicely spec'd F12 and 812. I actually would not do an outrageous spec'd car but I like the better leathers and trim so it would be an attractive, somewhat conservative car.

Yes. I'm tempted to experience the TM program but I think it will have to wait until the next car, reading what others hear have said.

Yeah, seems to be all so true!

I put GT3 top hats on my 997 Turbo Porsche and loved the direct feel they gave the car. Sadly, I had to remove them soon after as the roads in my area were horrible at that time. I would like to try a Pista. I'd possibly buy one after that. In fact, that's why I'm getting the lighter V8 model to complement my 812 - the quicker turn in and overall sportier nature.

Yes. It's a lot for an F8, which is why I sought the valued opinion of you all. Thanks! Yeah. That would sting a bit, writing the final check in the showroom next to the same slightly used F8s selling for 100k+ less. Lol. I'm sure mine would look better though! ;)

You're helping me solidify my decision not to go TM. I can live without it - for now...

A different machine that I don't think will fit my lifestyle as well. I'd love to drive one though.

I guess I'm looking/hoping for a stock buying opportunity in the longer term. ;)

When/If I get to do Taylor Made I'm in for a pound - to reference an earlier poster here. :)

Well, I kinda did - a few days ago! LOL!

Ash Patel, IloveGT, mdrums and 2 others like this.
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I honestly think you will be trading down.....again.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Enjoy.

bluesea likes this.
  5. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    One thing I will say. Porsche GT suspensions are very harsh on the streets (northeast esp.) and there is no relief from that. Pista with bumpy road button is soooooo much better. It is quite usable, even on B roads. Truly a magical button they put on there. I so wish Porsche would offer that too.

bluesea likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I found my Pista in bumpy to be more complaint than my Speciale. Anyone else find the same? Maybe tire tech improved.

7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

How the rich get richer