992 Turbo S | FerrariChat

992 Turbo S

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by jim g, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Hi guys I’m thinking of adding a 992 tts this year. Has anyone read a review yet? I’ve only seen one posted in German. Please share any info that’s known beyond Porsche’s press release.

2. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    They cancelled the press drives due to current events. However, Hannah Elliott from Bloomberg and Jonny Lieberman of Motor Trend got to try out their press cars.

jim g likes this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’ll be honest, I don’t typically talk people out of purchases, but in my opinion you’re crazy to buy a Turbo S over a 4S. They’re both turbos, both capable of 0-60 in 3 seconds or less. Sound the same. The average person thinks they are the same. Same tech. Only difference is turbo keeps pulling hard to 180 mph while 4S probably stops at 120.

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I hate the look without the Turbo wing and rear end.

Adamas and Jo Sta7 like this.
  5. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Doug DeMuro has a review of the 2021 992 Turbo S out recently. I have not watched it yet so I cannot recommend this video specifically, but overall I like Doug DeMuro in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBeNR58BH-Q

jim g likes this.
  6. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire uploaded a review on his YouTube channel. You can get the 992 Carrera with the Aerokit which makes it more aggressive, otherwise the 992 TT should be out later too. There are rumblings of a TT Targa this time around.

jim g likes this.
  7. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    If you search the web there are a few reviews coming out now, like top gear along with some YouTube videos. I received an allocation for one recently and will be speccing it in a few weeks. There are always lots of pros and cons everyone loves to bring up. I find it very capable and versatile and I don’t care for settling for less when I know there is more hp to be had. Just like figuring out a perfect Ferrari build, I find the color to be the most difficult decision. It should be fun though. Good luck if you go that route.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jim g likes this.
  8. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    The GT2 RS will likely have more horsepower if that is your main concern. There are issues w/ ED currently so no need to rush to lock down an order. PTS slots aren't open yet either which limits your colour choices.

9. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Good points. I do want to take my car to work and don’t care about getting any more attention than I need to with that stupid wing on the 2RS. I don’t mind waiting for the build if it takes longer. I think the current 992.1 Carreras will essentially end the non hybrid era so maybe good to buy now maybe not, who knows.

10. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    The 992.1 will go for a few years at least and I believe Porsche is committed to keeping a non-hybrid setup as long as possible. However, the 992 was built with the possibility of becoming hybrid. The TTS is the most understated option among its competitors for sure.

11. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    That makes sense. From what I understand Carreras have the 8 speed Panamera PDK allowing extra space in the gearbox for addition of the hybrid system. Some think it will start to show with 992.2 models.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Wikdstrate likes this.
  12. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    How is your plan for the 992 going? My dealer just allocated me one. They said I can do PTS. First time for me. Decisions, decisions.

13. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Still trying to decide

14. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    ED available? How about LTS and CXX?

15. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Looks good in Red too!

16. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Eurpean delivery probably available but I am not sure if I can make it this time around. You have to help me with deciphering LTS and CXX.

17. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
  18. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    European Delivery program is suspended.

19. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
  20. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    I had a limited TTS and sold it right away. Didn’t really like driving a gold colored car. This one will have nice touches but not over the top. Daily driving and not garage storage.

21. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    LTS is leather to sample as opposed to PTS which is paint to sample. The Exclusive TTS was a bit OTT, but it was available in black too. Sounds good.

LARRYH likes this.
  22. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Thanks for that. They are offering the 930 leather package. It’s a softer leather choice and pretty comprehensive.

23. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    If this were 10 years ago I would probably already have a 992 (and it would be modified into some crazy thing), but I think I have finally grown out of that. I still have 2 911's (one is that crazy thing), and a Cayman S. It always takes me a while to warm up to a new 911 (I guess because for over 45 years I have had at least one of them), but the 992 is taking a lot longer. Maybe it is the interior that is holding me back, but with a little tune and if you like cosmetic changes the 4S is just as capable unless you are planning on going to the salt flats. Age and experience has taught me many things, like having 5 times more power than you can ever use on the streets is for the most part a waste. The 2020 BMW 550 that I bought a few months (I think I may have 200 miles on it) ago is a prime example of that waste. Maybe I am finally grown up, or after watching what has happened in the world these last few months has made me realize that perhaps I need a new purpose in life other than buying stuff.

Bullfighter likes this.
  24. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    So the order went in yesterday. Due to PTS build date slot moved back to October. Asked for some CXX add ons and decided against LTS as I would have to wait longer for an opening. Maximized on CF and decided on Brewster green.

LARRYH and JackCongo like this.