930 Turbo Carrera | Page 331 | FerrariChat

930 Turbo Carrera

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by joe sackey, Nov 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. idart

idart Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2012
  2. idart

idart Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2012
    1975 Turbo 2 GOO enjoying the pop out rear quarter windows unique to 3-liter Turbos in 930 production. Along with the hand throttle, these are two create comforts I really enjoy in my ’75 that are not available in my ’79. Would be interesting to understand why Porsche deleted these in later production models.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

hyenahf likes this.
  3. idart

idart Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2012
  4. idart

idart Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2012
    Scans of original 35mm negatives showing the 911 Turbo stand rotation at the 1973 Frankfurt IAA (never seen the light of day). Despite the thousands of visitors to the ’73 IAA, I’ve yet to see anyone unearth movie camera footage showing the 911 Turbo rotating on the stand. These frames were no doubt captured with a 35mm camera motor drive and show the stand’s clockwise rotation. When Ryan was writing his book, he was unable to find any interior photos of the IAA ‘73 Turbo as it would have been very difficult for anyone to photograph the interior while it was rotating.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

hyenahf and 375+ like this.
  5. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    rynoshark, 959, hyenahf and 4 others like this.
  6. pu911

pu911 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2012
    Bozeman, MT
    Full Name:
    Phil Ulrich
    Killer, love the black and gold, very 70's

cnpapa24 likes this.
  7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    There was a 75 (US) 2.7 Carrera on my campus black with gold graphics/wheel centers. That is freaking awesome!

8. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not a bad color combo for being a Saints fan either. ;)

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    or a Steelers fan;)

cnpapa24 likes this.
  10. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have been restoring my 1977 930. As we were working on the transmission we found a broken 'reverse idler shaft' for lack of a better term. I understand that this part is no longer available from Porsche. Does anyone have an idea where I might be able to find such a part? Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Maybe Guard Transmission in Boulder.

12. simon930Berlin

simon930Berlin Karting

Apr 25, 2013

Attached Files:

13. idart

idart Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2012
  14. Topocalma

Topocalma Rookie

Jun 24, 2017
    I am rebuilding the rear suspension on my 1977. What would the correct finishing of the parts be? I will use the opportunity to bring back the green Bilstein it should have. In Ryan‘s book the only picture I found is this one. It looks like the rear axle strut was yellow cromated and then painted over with black underbody coating over the torsion bar covers. The torsion bar housing looks to be black powdercoat. Would this be the typical / correct finish?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Hey guys, what is the name of paint code 358? An acquaintance wants to paint his car the color of another acquaintance's 77 turbo. It is a light blue metallic, but can't find the name of it. Is it marathon silver blue metallic?

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Neither of Ryan's books--Carrera 2.7 and Turbo 3.0--list paint code 358. The blue shades run from 304(Minerva Blue) to 360(Ice Blue).

17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    That's what I thought. The 77 930 has 358 on the paint plate in the doorjamb. The mystery continues.

18. PIHP

PIHP Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2013
    UK
    959, vargas, randkin and 4 others like this.
  19. Kevin Moodley

Kevin Moodley Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Moodley
    Hi all,
    I just purchased a tail for my 930 3.0. Currently have a 3.3. tail on and came a cross this one. However, it is a complete fiberglass (GRP) unit and has the cut outs on the top as in the pic. A bit of reading on a few other threads indicated that Porsche did make some in 1974 in fiberglass. Unfortunately I cannot find any part numbers on this...probably sanded off when repainted over the years. Anyone with info on if this could be a genuine tail? What cars would have been fitted with this? It is really well made and if not genuine a really good replica. Look forward to your views on this.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. pquadrat

pquadrat Karting

Jan 6, 2015
    This one is just a repro part. 90% of the tails that show up for sale today are not the original ones. All Turbo 3.0 original ones had the metal frame.

21. Kevin Moodley

Kevin Moodley Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Moodley
    Thanks.... I also think all 3.0 came out with the metal frame.
    Guy I bought it from indicated that it was originally on his 1974 2.7 Carrera.
    I also heard that the 2 rectangular cuts outs on the lower bottom of the lid indicate that it could be the early model base that was used for a few of the 74 models. Cant believe everything one reads on the net so just checking if anyone can confirm this.

22. mrar

mrar Karting

Jul 23, 2014
    australia
  23. 959

959 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2015

Hammer prices at Monteray? if anybody knows? the estimate was not too high for a restored car and a cool driver, then some wrong serious details but still a 1975 series-H, and one day Porsche Classic maybe produce the carpet aging or the new owner can score some new old stock and proper leather and get rid of the stone guards and some other small job, then the car is collector and as restore cars should be driven as all old car,

Then too true to score 4 stock fenders or stock flares from Serie-H from 76 all fenders were stamped out too 1989
    and you can see with a sharp eye, can be fixed over time, more what stop me to buy the car was the lack of documentation as service book, and general wag history and all missing small parts as stock seat belts, seat detail, all stickers here and there and much more, ok this cars hade normal wildlife, so CPR did great work to save this car for us Porsche nurds.

should be interesting to see the overspray under the car how the should hold up in a bit harder climate, seams to much paint on here on the old restore pictures that were present at the action files and that have seen before,and noo real pictures of the car before the restore or bare metal pictures but back then when the car was restored it was the way it went, nobody thought about these details as today, but as a recall CPR was asking 365,000 USD for the car back in the day? the car is more restored as F model that they do perfectly at CPR, god guys as they are.
    In the harder market, I think it very important to have all the details correct and have pictures of the car before retore and what is new and what is stock,but as I wrote probably the buyer will work on this and it is fun work, he has a good Matning number car to start with that he or she can drive and have fun within the process to get the car back 100% stock and today with Ryans book and Roadscholars new how ion series -H and some other guys as D.r Konradsheim and
    some shops in Europe the have experiences and from this nice forum and Porsche Classic that really help out when it comes to these special cars

Still, the first Supercars for the road from Porsche and not so many models have stood from 1974-1989 with very small changes over time and have always bean the flag ship for Porsche streetcars and still are.

Thanks

24. 959

959 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2015
    Hammer prices on the 1975 old CPR restored car?