Dino Saga 060122 _ All hoses, wires back. Ready to fire | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 060122 _ All hoses, wires back. Ready to fire

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Jan 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Jan 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 060122 _ All hoses, wires back. Ready to fire

Sun shined all week, Heavenly got 3 more feet of powder, Jack got back on Thursday.

Juices are in, carbs are clear, plugs have wires, cranked, coughed,…distributor timing is not quite right! Found at 4:30 PM Friday night. Closing time. Better wait till Monday to light off. Besides, found a small water leak at one of the thermostat hoses. Oh well!

Engine is mounted just as it was before Jack pulled it. I believe that the motor mounts were screwed up in 2004 rebuild but one thing at a time. Have had a chance to look at Steve’s engine and his mounts are like those shown in T.O. Dino’s pics of 5/21/05. Nothing is according to the book. Rubber is inverted on brackets. Two brackets inverted on engine. Difference between mine and Steve’s is in rear mounts only. Takes 10 bolts to flip so we can change easily while rear firewall is out. Looks like the book puts the engine about an inch higher and the air box would crash. Will let you know what we decide.

Priority now is to get it running and to make sure that all the juices stay inside.

Till next week. Wish us luck,

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Just got back from the shop. It runs, sounds real good and no smoke!

15 minutes after I posted the thread Jack called and said "come on down, its running." He had come in on Sunday morning, tightened a hose clamp, reset the distributor and hit the starter. Bingo. We talked a few minutes, smiled a lot, discussed the motor mounts and I floated home.

Looks like a good week coming up.

John

3. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That’s great news! Well done!

4. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congrats - great feeling!

I can't help but wonder about the the short fuel connections between carbs, those things get hat and its not good for them.

5. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Congrats! Looks like you should have some good weather with temps high enough to have the windows down for your shake down drive. :)

6. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    One thing I learned on my Weber rebuild is to check the banjo fittings on the carbs after the engine has heat cycled a few times. The fiber washers started leaking pretty bad on some of those fittings and I know they were snug when I installed them. Between the heat cycling and gas wetting they tend to lose their crush.

7. Gary48

Gary48 Guest

Dec 30, 2003
    John I love it! you'll be crusing just like always soon. I hope it all went well.