88TR- Need help with exhaust;) | FerrariChat

88TR- Need help with exhaust;)

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Jul 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi Everyone,

Very first ferrari ever. Very first post ever. I need your wisdom to eeuxate me on my TR.
    So i bought the TR from ferrari of Orlando. I do not recommend them by the way but thats for another post. The car came with an upgraded exhausted, test pipes and i would think stock cats.
    It failed snog and ferrari is taking care of it. Now here is my question to you all:
    -what is the difference between the pre cats and cats?

Are the pre cats the straight tube located underneath the muffler by the grill?

Sorry for the basic question but im getting lost in the various answer read?

Also where can i buy hyperflows?

Seb

2. Natkingcolebasket69

3. Natkingcolebasket69

4. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Those straight tubes are test pipes, they take the place of the cats and would need to be changed back to original or aftermarket approved Ca cats for the car to get through smog. Hyper flows are awesome, but are not legal for Ca, so you might as well run the test pipes you have if you're going the illegal route. It appears your muffler is stock, something you should look into changing if you want some great Ferrari noise out of that flat 12.

5. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Oh and BTW, if you put your location in your profile it helps us know where you are to make shop recommendations.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Actually muffler is not stock, it's an ansa sport exhaust. Thanks for ur help. Ferrari has replaced the test pipes with cats.
    Hyperflow went bust; pretty hard to find them that's a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Ahh, I see the "Ansa" logo now that I am at my PC. Ansa makes a lot of factory parts, so there sport muffler looks very similar to the original, my mistake.

As far as the hyperflows, you'll likely fail the visual test with them anyway, so why not just do the swap every two years with the test pipes you already have?

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep it's what I hope to do; I am just scared of a routine police stop? Ever had that experience or heard of it? Not sure what a cop would do. To be fair compared to a Lamborghini it's still pretty quiet;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Any police officer that is going to know where and what a stock cat looks like on a Testarossa isn't going to site you for it. I think you're very safe.