Dino Saga 051225 | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 051225

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Dec 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Dec 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 051225

Things are moving. Heads on, cams timed, getting ready to put block on pan.

It is frustrating to have to wait so long after any hiccup. My machine shop does nothing but engine rebuilding and is very busy. Work is scheduled and when your turn comes up, they finish your engine if at all possible. When they get to an impasse, like bad head studs, they go to the next engine in line, finish that, and then come back if impasse is cleared. Work started on mine again this Thursday. Guys liked the new studs. Ground, hardened, blackened. No stretch when tightened. By Friday evening heads were on, valves timed and cam covers were just finishing up. Lots of TLC. Looks good.

They are straightening out the oil pick-up and will drop block on pan starting Tuesday. I expect engine will be ready to drop in car first week of 2006. I brought the car home so Jack had room for Steve’s Dino. The one with the broken cam. I’ll move car back downtown after the New Year. Can’t wait. Be interesting to compare the two cars once Jack finds Steve a new cam. Understand one is on the way from Italy.

Attached pictures show the progress.

Merry Christmas,

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    The engine color should be a satin black -not shiney- if that matters to you.