Dino Saga 051218 | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 051218

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Dec 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Dec 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 051218

Once again the call: “John, we have a problem”

A few of the head studs looked bad so the guys decided to try a few at full torque. By now you can guess what happened. The call came and I went to look and take a few pics. Oh well, better safe… I got on the phone to GT in Phoenix. They had a couple of studs and thought they might have more but they moved last year and it might take a day of looking. It was Friday afternoon so I said “I’ll call Monday at lunch.” Monday and no joy. I really wanted a full set so called Maranello in Georgia. Good guys too; same delivery time but a little higher shipping cost. They had lots of studs; aftermarket but high quality. Price was reasonable so I said Go! Wednesday evening they were in Santa Barbara. Guys in shop were impressed with looks. I was too. We will see.

Shop is very busy and the holidays are starting to intrude. Looks like first drive is next year. Thank God that there are very few parts left that can be bad. We did find that the thermostat housing had been cracked and “fixed” with JB Weld. Can be TIG welded easily; 5 minute job. Good to have a simple inexpensive problem. I’m getting tired of greeting UPS.

More patience.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login