86 mondial with 56000 miles | FerrariChat

86 mondial with 56000 miles

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by cforg308, Sep 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cforg308

cforg308 Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Stroudsburg PA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    THere is an 86 mondial with 56000 miles for sale at Autoworks international in Shavertown PA. Do you think that its a fair price @ $33,800?? IS it overpriced??

2. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    How long ago was the 30k service done on it and does it have all the books and records? Seems like it's a little high for an asking price, but not by too much - if it has the service recently done and the records you should be able to get it around $31k, that's not too bad for a 3.2. What color combo is it?

3. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Its high in my opinion whether its a cab. or a coupe. Which is it? For a coupe that would be 8k too much.

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I paid 44K$ for my 88.5 Mondial Cab. It's red over black, had 9K miles on it with complete service history -up to date and perfect condition. I purchased it at FoNE.
    - Ron

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Too high. I believe the 86's, though they had the 3.2 engines, STILL has the metric wheels/tires. Deduct if that's the case. IF the car is 100%, meaning everything works, no leaks, recent belt change (Less than 4 years/ 30,000 miles) it should be high 20's, tops.

Ferrari Market Letter has it at about $27,000

6. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    I would also deduct for the non-original:
    - steering wheel (looks like it's from a Mondial t perhaps?)
    - shifter knob (not original black)
    - SF shields on the body (not too bad but not in the location I would put them on the body... they look too low)

Non-factory carpets but they look good IMHO.

They also didn't mention (or I didn't see) about the convertible boot cover, original tool kit, or books.

To appreciate the difference in the steering wheel, look at this Autoworks International car listed on ebay with the other 3.2s listed on ebay. The others have the correct 3 spoke steering wheels.

Mike

7. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    I also just noticed that their ebay listing title is "LOW MILEAGE" 1986 Mondial. I wouldn't consider 54k miles exactly "low mileage." The other 3.2 cabs on ebay right now are 26k, 29k, and 34k miles.

IMHO, the Autoworks car doesn't look too bad. I like the color combination. I think they need to reconsider their asking price based on mileage and originality.

Good luck, cforg.

Mike

8. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I see it is a cab, so 33,000 isn't too bad, but I think it has those metric tires. 33 would be OK if all maintenance is done.

9. cforg308

cforg308 Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Stroudsburg PA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    thanks everyone. I went to look at the car last night, & it is in great shape. It has the tools and books. It also had a major service and new clutch about two months ago. They have the receipts and pictures. I bought my 308 from there so I know them & they seem reputable. I told him I was willing to pay 30 & he said he will give me a call. We'll See!

10. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Very low 30's is a good deal on that car if all that is true about the 30k, books and records and it looks nice. Good for you, enjoy the car if you get it and let us know if you get it!

11. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    This will ultimately show up in the ads but since this thread is going, my 89 Mondial t cab will shortly be going up for sale..ebay, here wherever..I just have to get organized. I just took delivery of a 97 355 Spyder so one is going to be enough for me for now. Anyway, car is rosso/crema, @ 43k miles, 30k done in 2/02 @ 32.4k miles - also Ferrari updates including alternator and new clutch then. Now, new GY F1 Eagles, new top; records back to the 30k service (02) and all work including and since the 30k performed by Ferrari of Atlanta. The car runs great, very strong. It is a DRIVER not a garage queen but shows well, leather in fine shape - some looseness but not pulling away from dash or door fixtures; some usual gumminess around ignition key area but control panels are fine, paint very good but some chips and some chips on windshield but not in the way; all windows work fine...as I said it's a driver but has been maintained and has made this mileage running well. Has NOAH cover and it's always been garaged with me. Clear title. Pic in my profile.

AC isn't blowing cold. There was @ $1860 of work done on it in 03 including new dryer, expansion valve, and distribution box rewiring etc etc. Point being, I believe the equipment is good but there is a leak somewhere. I haven't had it diagnosed though.

Not your usual "just like new, won the local concours" description but an honest car which will do well for someone looking for a Ferrari he doesn't have to have a body guard for (like me now HAHA). I can go into the car in more detail in PM/offline so beyond this I don't want to make this thread a sale thread but I'm thinking of a sale @ $32k...pretty reasonable I think- I'd work a bit with someone to avoid the ebay route if anyone has an interest.

Chris

12. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Well Seal2cc's deal looks more attractive than the other...Do we have a winner!?

13. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    FYI - the 86 mondial at autoworks int'l was for sale by the private owner in NJ for a month or two with an asking price of $27k. The listing was still on cars.com as late as yesterday which was when I cross ref'd the vins. It's gone now however.

14. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I paid 32k for an 86 red/tan cabrio in awesome shape. Be patient, you'll find a better one at a better price.
    -Nate