'84 Grigio/Tan 5 Speed for sale, $32K--48Kmi. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

'84 Grigio/Tan 5 Speed for sale, $32K--48Kmi.

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by blkprlz, Aug 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce

I think there are 2 possible reasons for this:
    1.) What John said if it has the rear side reflectors, or
    2.) I've seen 512 Boxers in the past that were like this & had no rear side reflectors which led me to suspect that the conversion shop switched them at the request of the owner to avoid installing the ugly side reflectors into the rear panel. Then I think some owners switched them back & some owners didn't.

I have to say, after replacing the gaskets & refurbishing the lenses (from decades of soot piling up on them from high CO levels), I didn't think there was enough wiggle room to switch them without pulling the harness out from where it's stowed. I seem to remember that the wire lengths for each lenses was pretty short & if switched, the harness wouldn't tuck all the way back into its recess, resulting in a bulge in the rear carpet panel.

2. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    Thank you for the kind words. When special cars like this live to be as old as this I think we're more curators than owners.

3. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  4. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    How come no one wants this one ???

Looks nice for the price :)

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Probably because any prospective buyer will make a few phone calls to get a quote on freshening up the leather and the carpets and whatever other needs this car might have and conclude that investing $10-12K ito a 32K car does not make sense. More sorted cars, both cosmetically and mechanically (Lots of corrosion visible in the engine compartment...looks like a car that has been sitting for some time) can get this sort of money.

6. Santos

Santos Rookie

Oct 27, 2012
    New York, NY
    Update. 43665 has been spotted on Anamera after a disappearance from Hemmings where it went unnoticed for months (years??). Somewhat misleadingly the ad places it in France, but reading the text it seems that it is still in Buffalo.

Unfortunately the same pictures are shown but there seems to be a wealth of dated maintenance data that was never offered previously.

Also: price raised by $3K.

1981 Ferrari 400i 5 speeds manual for sale: Anamera

7. Frrarinut

Frrarinut Rookie

Jan 10, 2012
    Anamera simply grabs other advertisements and reposts them, bumping up the price a bit in case they happen to find a buyer. The do this without any authorization of the vehicle owner. Welcome to the internet, where everyone copies a copy of a copy of a copy and tries to make a buck out of it. In reality the car is no longer for sale. Actually 43665 has already found a new owner, who is a seasoned Ferrari collector and is committed to looking after this car very well. Rest assured, it is in good hands.